District 14A Game Reports

volfan007

Anytime you hold a team to 26 points you've done your job on defense....It's this defense that is going to take us to March and help us beat teams with similar or equal talent...

Humboldt was impressive...By my comment about Humboldt being all over them ,I wasn't talking about fouls..Just that they smothered Trenton into not being able to get into their offense at all..That was a pretty dunk by #30..Patrick Roberton had a similar dunk the other night against Trenton with about 3 seconds left that ended the game..It looked like Rafael Tyler was going to shoot a layup as time was expiring but instead he laid it off the backboard and Patrick did a two hand slam...Humboldt was very impressive..I would have thought some of the Lake Co players would have been at the games..Maybe they'll be there Monday night....I know if I were a coach or players..And since Lake Co wasn't playing..I'd want to come watch and maybe see some things against the press..like not getting caught in a double team and giving up my dribble..

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may have been a problem in years past but thid year we have taken care of business every game we played

Not saying that wont happen but it hasn't so far

I think the Lake Co. game will be a true test

Not sayin it should be close

I jus think that it will prove Humboldt's dominance

cuz....11 games in the Vikings are very good....Haven't played a tough team yet...Won't play but one real good team the rest of the year...Easy schedules can give players, especially high school kids, a false sense of security...We will see...Humboldt has the talent...There is NO ARGUMENT there, none at all...I do like the fact they have been beating teams down....That's somewhat different than past Humboldt teams....They will have to keep that intensity up...A long way to go till March..Many, many things can happen to a team between now and then....

It is so hard sometimes to get 14-18 year old kids to take every game seriously.....

Just like at So Fulton tonite...That same Red Devil team that came within two points of Union City got blown out of that same gym just Saturday night against Obion Central by 34 and played some of the second half under the mercy rule....Saw Halls play OC at Westview and the Tigers were just awful.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was at the uc sf game. uc dont have much this year. we should have won that game against uc. uc get ready to get whipped alot this year. I watched gfield the next night and gfield is a much better team than uc. if gfield had a coach they would be really good. gfield has some athletes but they want ever go anywhere with that coach. he is a joke.

I was at the uc sf game. uc dont have much this year. we should have won that game against uc. uc get ready to get whipped alot this year. I watched gfield the next night and gfield is a much better team than uc. if gfield had a coach they would be really good. gfield has some athletes but they want ever go anywhere with that coach. he is a joke.

I saw South Fulton play Obion Central, which they lost 78-44......South Fulton has pretty good talent in their top 5 guys...They should be better than they are....They played UC close and played Peabody close....They should at least be in the running for a four to six seed....Problem is they all don't play hard all the time...They are lazy at a couple of positions...When they get down they seem to lay down...When things are going good they seem to play well...I have also seen Greenfield and Bradford...South Fulton should never have lost to Bradford and shouldn't have gotten beat so badly to Greenfield...They (SF) have the size and athletes to be more competitive than they have shown to be so far this year....

UC will take some lumps this year...South Fulton had their chance but just couldn't close the deal....

Sounds like the bottom of 14 A is more competitive than it has been in years. Sad thing is the bottom will still get hammered by the top.

You may be right if you are talikng about Humboldt. Humboldt could have an off night and still beat most teams in the district but they are probably the only team. Lake County is the #2 team and they should beat everybody except Humboldt. The #3 & #4 spots are wide open. Union City, Trenton, Greenfield & Halls are pretty close at this point in the season. On a given night any of those four teams could beat the other one. The other four teams are pretty balanced as well. Last year you had three teams that were way ahead of everybody else.

You may be right if you are talikng about Humboldt. Humboldt could have an off night and still beat most teams in the district but they are probably the only team. Lake County is the #2 team and they should beat everybody except Humboldt. The #3 & #4 spots are wide open. Union City, Trenton, Greenfield & Halls are pretty close at this point in the season. On a given night any of those four teams could beat the other one. The other four teams are pretty balanced as well. Last year you had three teams that were way ahead of everybody else.

Union City should still end up 14-4 in the district......Trenton would be my pick for the 4 seed right now......Halls is not very good

Union City, led by Ryne Simpson's career high 32 points, came from 11 points down in the 2nd quarter to beat Haywood County 83-74...........Josh Battee hit 4 three pointers in a 2nd quarter run that saw UC fight back from a 19-8 deficit to tie the Tomcats 33 all at half....Battee had 17 points on the night....BJ Marshall scored 18 points...

Haywood Co. was led in scoring by J. Commage with 17 points followed by H. Watson with 11 points....K. Clark and D. Pickens scored 10 points apiece......

Union City plays Hopkinsville, KY. next on Saturday at Calloway County High School in Murray, KY in the Murray Bank Holiday Classic.....

Union City improves to 7-4 on the year....

You are probably right but we'll see. Union City is the #3 team but I think someone could slip up on them.

Trenton could if they are hot from the three.....So. Fulton almost did.....UC missed alot of free throws and kept chunking up threes when they had a 13 point lead against SF.....I don't really see anyone else doing it unless UC has a really bad shooting night...Their athletes and defense is going to be hard for most of the district to compete with....The game against Gleason and what Sisco did with the older kids in that game might have woke the Tornadoes up some...They played a pretty good game tonite against Haywood Co...UC will get some tough competition this weekend up in Murray..That will help also..The Siscos have a knack of getting teams ready to play by tournament time....

• 3 weeks later...

I saw South Fulton play Obion Central, which they lost 78-44......South Fulton has pretty good talent in their top 5 guys...They should be better than they are....They played UC close and played Peabody close....They should at least be in the running for a four to six seed....Problem is they all don't play hard all the time...They are lazy at a couple of positions...When they get down they seem to lay down...When things are going good they seem to play well...I have also seen Greenfield and Bradford...South Fulton should never have lost to Bradford and shouldn't have gotten beat so badly to Greenfield...They (SF) have the size and athletes to be more competitive than they have shown to be so far this year....

UC will take some lumps this year...South Fulton had their chance but just couldn't close the deal....

I totally agree..South Fulton has a lot of talent among their 5 starters and yes they are lazy at a couple of positions sometimes. It really hurts the team when those positions are being lazy because it makes it harder on the other guys. I thank you so much for not blaming the coach for this. I'm so sick and tired of people blaming the coaches for poor talent....NEWS FLASH::: if you don't have the talent and the players won't listen or even show up for practice then it is hard to coach them..so i wish people/parents would stop blaming the coaches..they are doing all the coaching and discipline they can do now it is up the the players....