District 14A Game Reports

volfan007

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snakedriver

humboldt is the best looking ball team that i have seen in a while

..........and unless you go to memphis and watch manassas you wont see another team like that in the state. Should be HB and manassas for the gold. But LC could have something to say about it..we'll have to wait until next friday and see...rest of the season should be fun!

Lake Co won at Bradford last night 65-48..Coach Whitby again was subbing like he usually does..I don't think he cares about rankings...Last night he started Patrick Robertson and Leron Garrett,both are juniors and Caleb Bledsoe,Rafael Tyler and Ricky Boyd all freshmen...The first player off the bench was the Churchwell kid and then Cris Rogers..The first quarter was tied 14-14.. Coach put Russell Avery in but sat Patrick Robertson down the 2nd quarter..Lake Co did a lot of what should have been easy layups..instead double pumping or instead of shooting a layup would go under and do a reverse layup..Half played..everyone was looking and taking long three's with out really looking for a good shot.When they threw the ball away..was smiling..like no big deal..same thing,smiling if they missed a shot..Coach Whitby didn't play Hockett at all..Hockett has pretty well started every game this year and Leron Garrett went about 3 games without playing at all and with Russel Avery not starting ...don't know what's up..I'm kinda worried about the chemistry now ..I hate missing games..been to every game this year except one because I was under the weather..and I hate not supporting the kids..because no matter who is playing is Lake Co players..but at the same time..if Coach is going to continue doing this and also when Lake Co are playing teams that I feel like they think they are going to beat and not really put out much of an effort ..feel like I'm wasting my gas and time by going..Maybe just should wait for the Humboldt and Union City games..Lake Co only beat South Fulton by 6 and Bradford by 17 but in watching both teams..I really don't see how Bradford beat South Fulton..Lake Co beat Bradford worsethan South Fulton ,even in toying around..but in my opinion..South Fulton is more talented than Bradford..I would say South Fulton is at least 10 points better than Bradford on just about any night..Now..I'm wondering how Lake co may play once a big game comes around..Too much messing around..Union City..Humboldt would be playing all out..not coasting..not be smiling and laughing..With about 4 minutes to go in game last night and Lake Co having a 22 point lead..was coming down the floor and a Lake Co player was called for a tech by the official..Supposedely for saying something..I heard Whitby ask who it was on and the player met Avery at halfcourt..must have told him what he had said and Avery busted out laughing..I heard what it was maybe said..won't repeat it..but too much goofing off..!Russell Avery not starting..Carlos Young not starting..Hockett not playing at all..Not sure what's up..Lake Co 007 wasn't there..Lake Co falcon fan got sick at th beginning of the boys game and left..Wish I had left with him..Because what I saw last night made me sick also !

It is painfully apparent that coach isn't concerned about chemistry.....I think not having a consistent starting five hurts a team. It is not always easy to just turn it on. That's my opinion anyway. I can't think of any other head coaches doing that unless there is not a dropoff when subbing.

It is painfully apparent that coach isn't concerned about chemistry.....I think not having a consistent starting five hurts a team. It is not always easy to just turn it on. That's my opinion anyway. I can't think of any other head coaches doing that unless there is not a dropoff when subbing.

I know it is fustrating to see us start 5 guys he normally won't start. But I don't think it is a bad thing. No one can argue with the success that we've had over the past four seasons. He has only lost only 20 games in four years. Lake County has never had this type of run in four years. So I think he knows what he is doing. He has won over 800 ballgames. No one can argue with his success that he has had at every stop. I've talked to him many times and the man intreages me everytime with his knowledge of the game. He might not beat the brights off every team he faces but he gets the job done. I wish he would get one more championship before he retires.

Lake Co beat Halls tonight 75-46..Patrick Robertson had close to 30 points..Lake Co started the 5 that started against Humboldt and had about a 32 or 33 point lead at one time in the 3rd quarter..I believe was about 4 minotes left in the 3rd quarter..Lake Co played about 8 or 9 players in the first half and played everyone by the end of the game..A lot better performance by Lake Co,although they did play a lot of backyard ball and circus shots at times..but at least they had about a 24 point lead before they did a lot of it..Lake Co started off on about a 24-4 lead at the start of the game and never looked back..Don't believe they took any 3 point shots during that time..Took a lot of long shots in the second half..Overall..a lot better performance..!

Guest snakedriver
Humboldt defeated Greenfield 85 to 42 tonight. 4 players in double figures for HB w/ Crayton leading all w/ 15. One curious note in this game, Crayton didn't enter the game until 2 min. left in the 1rst half........he probably only played 8 min total but still led all scorers. Humboldt could score 100 in just about every game but the mercy rule makes the clock run continuously in the second half of all these games. The freshman Antonio Brooks had a nice game w/ 14 pts and 4 treys for the Vikings. Daniel Ricketts led Greenfield w/ 10 pts. The Big McCullen Kid had a nice game w/ 9 pts.

I know it is fustrating to see us start 5 guys he normally won't start. But I don't think it is a bad thing. No one can argue with the success that we've had over the past four seasons. He has only lost only 20 games in four years. Lake County has never had this type of run in four years. So I think he knows what he is doing. He has won over 800 ballgames. No one can argue with his success that he has had at every stop. I've talked to him many times and the man intreages me everytime with his knowledge of the game. He might not beat the brights off every team he faces but he gets the job done. I wish he would get one more championship before he retires.

I hope you are right 007. I also think coach has had the best group of talent consecutively than any basketball coach that has ever been at Lake county. We have won a lot of games but zero appearances at the state level. He has won here with A1 talent. Any good coach, not any coach, but any GOOD coach could win with the talent that he has had to work with. We have lost a lot of close games that I believe that with just a little better direction we could have won. I also would like to see a concerted effort to get Avery the ball. Get him down in the low post and get him the ball and let him get some close shots and perhaps draw some fouls especially against smaller teams. Also I would like to see that against Humboldt. He has a ton of talent that is not being used efficiently. Just set him up let him try to score and and maybe kick it out for some open threes if they collapse on him. One or two haphazard lobs a game just does not do it for me. Tell me 007, I respect your opinion, do you really think Avery is being used in a way that is most beneficial to the team. You have a man that can jump out of the gym and towers over some of these teams we play and he doesn't get a touch down low unless he is running through folks trying to get a rebound from a dipsy do layup where only the clairvoyant knows where the ball is going to end up. I haven't been able to see all the games but the ones I have attended he has not been as dominant as i believe he can be and that ain't all his fault. That is my opinion and I know what that is like and I know everyone has one.

I hope you are right 007. I also think coach has had the best group of talent consecutively than any basketball coach that has ever been at Lake county. We have won a lot of games but zero appearances at the state level. He has won here with A1 talent. Any good coach, not any coach, but any GOOD coach could win with the talent that he has had to work with. We have lost a lot of close games that I believe that with just a little better direction we could have won. I also would like to see a concerted effort to get Avery the ball. Get him down in the low post and get him the ball and let him get some close shots and perhaps draw some fouls especially against smaller teams. Also I would like to see that against Humboldt. He has a ton of talent that is not being used efficiently. Just set him up let him try to score and and maybe kick it out for some open threes if they collapse on him. One or two haphazard lobs a game just does not do it for me. Tell me 007, I respect your opinion, do you really think Avery is being used in a way that is most beneficial to the team. You have a man that can jump out of the gym and towers over some of these teams we play and he doesn't get a touch down low unless he is running through folks trying to get a rebound from a dipsy do layup where only the clairvoyant knows where the ball is going to end up. I haven't been able to see all the games but the ones I have attended he has not been as dominant as i believe he can be and that ain't all his fault. That is my opinion and I know what that is like and I know everyone has one.

i understand where you are coming from. He had som talented teams but he also had some bad luck with union city and humboldt droping down to single a. if they never droped down no doult in my mind that we would made it to state any of thoughs years.

Lake Co. fans,

I can tell you that Coach Whitby told me that he does not like running the score up on teams. Maybe that's why he's doing all the subbing and starting different ones that yall find disturbing. I'll bet you that come tourney time, that you're best five will be starting, and the best subs will be coming off the bench. And really, Humboldt and UC dropping down into single A has kept yall from the state tourney. If they had not been down here, then yall would've been going to state more. Also, I feel that this team this year is the best team yall have had. This team has a good chance of going to state.....BUT, you're gonna have to go thru Humboldt and Manassas to get there. That's a toughie. My guess is that W. TN has three of the best teams in the state in single A. It's a shame that all three of them cannot go, but that's not the way it works.

Lake Co. fans,

I can tell you that Coach Whitby told me that he does not like running the score up on teams. Maybe that's why he's doing all the subbing and starting different ones that yall find disturbing. I'll bet you that come tourney time, that you're best five will be starting, and the best subs will be coming off the bench. And really, Humboldt and UC dropping down into single A has kept yall from the state tourney. If they had not been down here, then yall would've been going to state more. Also, I feel that this team this year is the best team yall have had. This team has a good chance of going to state.....BUT, you're gonna have to go thru Humboldt and Manassas to get there. That's a toughie. My guess is that W. TN has three of the best teams in the state in single A. It's a shame that all three of them cannot go, but that's not the way it works.

I don't have a problem with subbing. The more every body plays the stronger the team. Attend about twenty of our games tell me what you think then. Otherwise you don't have the whole picture. And I know that he doesn't believe in pounding less talented teams and that also is a good thing in my opinion. You just have to be at our games to see what we are talking about. That said you are certainly entitled to your opinion. We just disagree I think.