Tullahoma vs Coffee

windysports

Tullahoma wins a close one. Tull starts off strong but Coffee ends strong, made it a close game. CC had a hard time with the press in the first half but worked their problems out in the second half. Coffee is a very young team, and if they work with Muckle they will get better. Tull has good guard play and if you leave them open they will shoot the lights out. Both teams will get better all year.

Coffee County Fans, I know you get tierd of hearing me talk about Coach Muckle, but hear me out. He knows Basketball!!! The man knows what it takes to win. He will turn your program around. Girls believe in him, work hard and good things will come.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma wins a close one. Tull starts off strong but Coffee ends strong, made it a close game. CC had a hard time with the press in the first half but worked their problems out in the second half. Coffee is a very young team, and if they work with Muckle they will get better. Tull has good guard play and if you leave them open they will shoot the lights out. Both teams will get better all year.

Coffee County Fans, I know you get tierd of hearing me talk about Coach Muckle, but hear me out. He knows Basketball!!! The man knows what it takes to win. He will turn your program around. Girls believe in him, work hard and good things will come.

I think thats right. He seems to know basketball. He knows what it takes to win. It appears he is committed to start a winning program. Best of luck.

I think thats right. He seems to know basketball. He knows what it takes to win. It appears he is committed to start a winning program. Best of luck.

Excuse me, but Start a Winning Program? Coffee County girls have always been a WINNING PROGRAM, until Scroggins left it in shambles! I wish Coach Muckle luck but this is a program that was solid and strong until his predecessor brought in his "SYSTEM" and now everyone left is paying the consequences. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Excuse me, but Start a Winning Program? Coffee County girls have always been a WINNING PROGRAM, until Scroggins left it in shambles! I wish Coach Muckle luck but this is a program that was solid and strong until his predecessor brought in his "SYSTEM" and now everyone left is paying the consequences. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I must be watching a different ballgame than you guys. The girls look like they are confused on offense. They look like they are scared to make a mistake. Muckle yells the whole game telling the girls what to do every step leaving them afraid to make a play. I don't think he has the girls in right positions on the court. If he is such a good coach whay has he been in and out of coaching. I wasn't impressed with his coaching while he was coaching the Tullahoma Boys. I think Coffee County made a mistake. But we will see

I must be watching a different ballgame than you guys. The girls look like they are confused on offense. They look like they are scared to make a mistake. Muckle yells the whole game telling the girls what to do every step leaving them afraid to make a play. I don't think he has the girls in right positions on the court. If he is such a good coach whay has he been in and out of coaching. I wasn't impressed with his coaching while he was coaching the Tullahoma Boys. I think Coffee County made a mistake. But we will see

He didn't have any trouble beating Scroggins while at Lawrence Co. He may not be the answer but definitely better than the System under Scroggins. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

He didn't have any trouble beating Scroggins while at Lawrence Co. He may not be the answer but definitely better than the System under Scroggins. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I am not arguing that scroggins should have stayed, but i believe that there were better options that interviewed for the job. I especially believe that after watching muckle's first few games.

I am not arguing that scroggins should have stayed, but i believe that there were better options that interviewed for the job. I especially believe that after watching muckle's first few games.

Let's give coach Muckle more than seven games with a team that brings back very little experience before the jury comes back. See where the program stands in three years. It's tough on any coach, in any sport, to step into a situation where 80% of the scoring is gone from a team that was already mediocre, talking about last year's bunch that went 14-13. You lose 80% of the scoring and two other starters (or regular players) quit ... then throw the bigger factor in - learning a whole new way of doing things - it can only lead to a tough start if not a tough year. Just two seniors and one junior - five sophomores and four freshmen. That isn't the kind of experience that wins much in 8-AAA. But I like some of the improvements that have been seen. Thornton is getting more comfortable in the post, Toliver scored a career high Friday (10 pts) and Morgan is learning the perimeter - shooting lights out. So let's give it some time, and no, I dont' mean just one season. That said, congrats to Tullahoma for getting a district win. Holding onto a lead when a team is charging back on the road like that is tough to do.

Give the coach a chance. As I posted before he was hired, he basicly is a good coach but the style of basketball he coaches may not be the best received as his coaching style is more ball control and Defense and in the District he is in, to win, that may be his advantage. His loss to Tullahoma is one that can be turned around. c His legend at Coffee will be his ability to grow a program. At this point, he has not been anywhere long enough to put that on his resume. He seems to be on mark to do that. Talent, except with the last coach, has not been their problem, that is right. But it appears that the program has not been down this far in a long, long time. Hope he is a good motivator and communicator with the players and fans. That will be the only thing that could hurt him and it will take everyting he has to work hard and get thru the first season. I suspect he feels the pressure and I hope he was able to hire good asst coaches to make it work for the School.

Well from an outsider looking in, I have seen CC Girl sports go down every year. Over the years I have enjoyed watching CC girls in every sport. Female sports have been the strong point of Coffee County High School, or some would rather call them Manchester Central High!! Muckle has inherited a team with very little experience and a mess that he is going to have to fix. These girls have had very little, if any coaching. The feeder programs over the last few years have been less than average, they taught very little fundamentals. But from what i understand they have made some changes and things are looking up. Muckle will push them hard and he won't be very soft about it. He will teach the girls right and expect them to play hard, and some of the families will not be able to handle it and they will fade away and the strong will survive. My advice to the CC fans is to stick with this Coach and he will turn the program around. Good luck to the Lady Raiders except when you come to T-town.

Well from an outsider looking in, I have seen CC Girl sports go down every year. Over the years I have enjoyed watching CC girls in every sport. Female sports have been the strong point of Coffee County High School, or some would rather call them Manchester Central High!! Muckle has inherited a team with very little experience and a mess that he is going to have to fix. These girls have had very little, if any coaching. The feeder programs over the last few years have been less than average, they taught very little fundamentals. But from what i understand they have made some changes and things are looking up. Muckle will push them hard and he won't be very soft about it. He will teach the girls right and expect them to play hard, and some of the families will not be able to handle it and they will fade away and the strong will survive. My advice to the CC fans is to stick with this Coach and he will turn the program around. Good luck to the Lady Raiders except when you come to T-town.

Coach Muckle is very experienced and knowledgable of the game, and was a good choice for Coffee County. Some of the players, parents and fans do not care for his constant screaming during the games, but that has always been his style.

Coach Muckle is very experienced and knowledgable of the game, and was a good choice for Coffee County. Some of the players, parents and fans do not care for his constant screaming during the games, but that has always been his style.

Yep, with a new coach thats right. But i can assure you, he is not out there for himself but he's there for his players and his school and if either is getting the short end of the stick of competition, he would more than quickly take up for both. Players being mentally tough is part of the process and , in the end, you will be able to say Coffee was able to play smart. Having periodical meetings with parents to assure parents is a common practice of coaches. With his style, I'm sure he understands the need for communication with parents and fans and the common interest of everyone in the program. For the PROGRAM to be a success at any school, and that is larger than any years results, everyone has to be on the same page. His plan is good and wish Coffee luck in what will be a fine last helf of the season.