4A Final

LordInfamous

10-7, what a tight game. Both teams defenses were amazing. I was not at all impressed with Maryville in this game. #55 of Hillsboro was pretty good, but the right tackle for the rebels played like he was half asleep. As a matter of fact so did the rest of the line. They did not block very well, and I had never seen the QB Juhlin until tonight... he looked shaky. Hillsboro did a good job of running plays very quickly because their line was very undersized and they made sure the ball was past the line of scrimmage before the rebs had a chance to bust through. Maryville's offense looked like they all had sleep apnea and did not use their c-pap machines the night before.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

10-7, what a tight game. Both teams defenses were amazing. I was not at all impressed with Maryville in this game. #55 of Hillsboro was pretty good, but the right tackle for the rebels played like he was half asleep. As a matter of fact so did the rest of the line. They did not block very well, and I had never seen the QB Juhlin until tonight... he looked shaky. Hillsboro did a good job of running plays very quickly because their line was very undersized and they made sure the ball was past the line of scrimmage before the rebs had a chance to bust through. Maryville's offense looked like they all had sleep apnea and did not use their c-pap machines the night before.

so maryville is that bad and only lost in the state championship game by 3 points yeah i would take that

SSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEE CCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! we snapped maryville's 74 winning streak!!!!!!!! 10-7 Hillsboro Burros are the STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO HILLSBORO

GREAT JOB FOR A GREAT PROGRAM

First off, congrats to both teams for what was a great game. Both teams left it all on the field, and that's all you can ask out of these kids. As far as Maryville's line not blocking very well, you give no credit to the Burros outstanding defense. Those kids from MV played their tails off on the line, and at every other position. I heard the same story last week from some of the H.C. fans, so once again, I'll offer my opinion as to what you were actually seeing during the game. What happened was once again an example of "speed kills", as the burros were the faster, more talented team, as was agreed by many around the state leading up to the game. What happened was one player beating another player to a spot(speed). That's what makes players look like they're "half asleep" or "shaky". Juhlin is one heck of a qb that many other teams would love to have running their offense. Throws a great ball. Sacked 4 times and hurried/hit many other times (speed). The o line looked bad because the burros d line were faster than their man(speed). You have to give a lot of credit to coach Blade also, as he did not ask the backup qb to do too much. Their offense was very conservative today, as there were very few throws down the field which I took as a sign of great respect for the Maryville defense. If anybody looked "shaky" at qb, it was the burros when it came to throwing the ball. One has to wonder how the score would have ended with a healthy Young(much better passer) running the offense.

First off, congrats to both teams for what was a great game. Both teams left it all on the field, and that's all you can ask out of these kids. As far as Maryville's line not blocking very well, you give no credit to the Burros outstanding defense. Those kids from MV played their tails off on the line, and at every other position. I heard the same story last week from some of the H.C. fans, so once again, I'll offer my opinion as to what you were actually seeing during the game. What happened was once again an example of "speed kills", as the burros were the faster, more talented team, as was agreed by many around the state leading up to the game. What happened was one player beating another player to a spot(speed). That's what makes players look like they're "half asleep" or "shaky". Juhlin is one heck of a qb that many other teams would love to have running their offense. Throws a great ball. Sacked 4 times and hurried/hit many other times (speed). The o line looked bad because the burros d line were faster than their man(speed). You have to give a lot of credit to coach Blade also, as he did not ask the backup qb to do too much. Their offense was very conservative today, as there were very few throws down the field which I took as a sign of great respect for the Maryville defense. If anybody looked "shaky" at qb, it was the burros when it came to throwing the ball. One has to wonder how the score would have ended with a healthy Young(much better passer) running the offense.

Young fell on his hand in that HC game and broke 10 bones (cant spell it L word)

Where did you come from? Getting on here and singleing out players, who are 16 &17 year old kids and criticizing their play. Maryville did not play their best tonight, but I give HHS a lot of credit for that and not put down kids. I hope you are 16 or 17 years old as well, then I can excuse this as ignorance. If you are an adult, especially one with children, put your kids in place of these Maryville players that you singled out. Shame on you!

Where did you come from? Getting on here and singleing out players, who are 16 &17 year old kids and criticizing their play. Maryville did not play their best tonight, but I give HHS a lot of credit for that and not put down kids. I hope you are 16 or 17 years old as well, then I can excuse this as ignorance. If you are an adult, especially one with children, put your kids in place of these Maryville players that you singled out. Shame on you!

How dare you talk about anyone.

Once again and understandably supporters from the losing side make these types of statements. I watched the game and it wasnt that Maryville played bad as much as it was Hillsboros defense was very fast as a unit and Maryville just didnt have an answer for it. There lone score came off of a trick play which was a very good call btw; which was the only way to get those fast players out of position. Maryville has a great team and has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, how many people can say they were part of a 74 game winning streak. I look for both of these teams to make a strong push to get back to the burro next year in their respective classes. I believe Maryville will be very much in the mix next year even though they will be in 6A.....

Once again and understandably supporters from the losing side make these types of statements. I watched the game and it wasnt that Maryville played bad as much as it was Hillsboros defense was very fast as a unit and Maryville just didnt have an answer for it. There lone score came off of a trick play which was a very good call btw; which was the only way to get those fast players out of position. Maryville has a great team and has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, how many people can say they were part of a 74 game winning streak. I look for both of these teams to make a strong push to get back to the burro next year in their respective classes. I believe Maryville will be very much in the mix next year even though they will be in 6A.....

I did not mean to take anything from Hillsboro. They beat Maryville and made them "not play their best." Actually, on the other thread I posted this eariler...

"To Hillsboro High School....Congratulations! You have an excellent team and played a great game. I wish I could blame penalities, turnovers, referees,or the weather, but the fact is you were the better team tonight and deserved the win."

I did not mean to take anything from Hillsboro. They beat Maryville and made them "not play their best." Actually, on the other thread I posted this eariler...

"To Hillsboro High School....Congratulations! You have an excellent team and played a great game. I wish I could blame penalities, turnovers, referees,or the weather, but the fact is you were the better team tonight and deserved the win."

Yeah I know; sorry if it sounded like I was correcting your assessment of how Maryville played and looking back on it that is exactly how it sounded. The Maryville fan base has been very gracious/classy in defeat. I thought that this Hillsboro team had a very legitimate chance to win this year, especially after beating Henry Co. the way they did. HC had the best offense in 4A this year w/ the exception of maybe Hillsboro IMHO.....