ESPN Top 10 plays

HHSnumber1fan

Usually, I don't respond to a post such as this. But, I do want to ask for prayers for Keith Perry #10 who started as quarterback for the Hillsboro Burros who was taken away on a stretcher. I hope Keith is okay. It was nice talking to all the Maryville fans at Ryan's restaurant. Thanks for your congratulations.

At what point in the game did this happen?

Was Hillsboro 1st string QB hurt also?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 4th quarter, Hillsboro backup QB Keith Perry (#10) was carted off the field. Apparently he sustained a concussion. I haven't heard an update though. He is in my prayers.

Starting QB Greg Young (#11), who injured his throwing hand against Henry County and did not start against Maryville, came in for the last part of the 4th quarter and finished the game.

It happened sometime during the 4th quarter. I did not see the play that caused his injury. I noticed that the injured first string QB, who was injured early in the 1st qtr of the Henry County game, was warming up on the sidelines and I wondered why because I knew about his injured hand. Then I saw qb #10 (the backup quarterback that started) sitting on a bench being attended to. They brought a cart with a stretcher and took him off the field. The link below from the Tennessean says he had a concussion.

Tennessean Article

Listen to this one bit of info...

The very first play, a hillsboro play went for the legs of Chris Jordan, who many know is one of the stars of our football team,

We had i believe 4-5 injured in this game, Hillsboro had none! Tell me you see something wrong with this,

Hillsboro plays dirty!

Ya of course im a rebel fan,

I would still choose to cheer for Maryville, just bc of our tradition, i would take our 11+ gold balls, over yall 2 anyday!!!

Oh and whoever paid the refs, and the play clock keeper, i will find you! Much Love!!!

Hillsboro, from what i have seen from the fans walking outside of the stadium has no class, there were to half naked fat girls outside, that literally got in our face and said that we stunk and didn't even deserve to be there,

Maryville has had two losses since "01, Hillsboro had 2 this season alone!!!

Congrats to hillsboro on the dirty play!!! We Will See you There Next year!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dude, just quit with the excuses and wait for next year, you know you'll probably be back.

The very first play, a hillsboro play went for the legs of Chris Jordan, who many know is one of the stars of our football team,

We had i believe 4-5 injured in this game, Hillsboro had none! Tell me you see something wrong with this,

Hillsboro plays dirty!

I would still choose to cheer for Maryville, just bc of our tradition, i would take our 11+ gold balls, over yall 2 anyday!!!

Oh and whoever paid the refs, and the play clock keeper, i will find you! Much Love!!!

Hillsboro, from what i have seen from the fans walking outside of the stadium has no class, there were to half naked fat girls outside, that literally got in our face and said that we stunk and didn't even deserve to be there,

Congrats to hillsboro on the dirty play!!! We Will See you There Next year!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dude, just quit with the excuses and wait for next year, you know you'll probably be back.

Thanks a lot Rebelrant101 ... if you actually are a Maryville fan , you did a great job in making the whole state think We're a bunch of crybabies and poor losers . Most fans Ignore a post like this , because it's either some young , Immature kid , or a fan from another school trying to make that team look bad ... either way , It's an ignorant post , and some of you guys who are choosing to respond to it are mysteriously missing all of the Classy , respectful posts from 99% of Maryville fans .

Hillsboro plays dirty!

Its the state championship game, its gonna get dirty, ours wasnt the cleanest game either. Stop trying to make up excuses and taking away from what HIllsboro did , you all had a ghreat run , now its time for someone else to shine. And about your signature, looks like the big helmet and smoke coulda helped , it sure did help us. Alcoa = 5 in a row, Maryville = 4 in a row, Good luck to all my friends on the maryville team , cant wait to see you nextyear for our senior year. And as for you RebelRant , stop being such a sore loser

Hillsboro plays dirty!

Go crawl back under the rock you came out from! Don't worry Maryville folks we know this is not a typical Maryville fan! 99% of Maryville folks are class acts!

Hillsboro plays dirty!

What a bunch of Garbage . . .

As someone who (was) a longtime poster and as someone who is a longtime lurker, I have to say this isn't the typical view of the Maryville fan.

What I saw (online feed) on saturday was a heck of a game. Both teams deserved to be there, and Hillsboro came out on top, well deserved. I also think that it's good to put a positive spin on the game. Hillsboro got redemption after losing multiple championship games to Maryville, and Maryville got a kick in the rear for next year. Too much success leads to complacence. Not that i think the team was sitting back, but a loss can provide some extra drive for next year. Congrats Burros!