White Co. Football

cavsfootball

Of the ones I know 2 are from Sparta, Pullam, is a long time assistant, and Lowery is the former middle school coach, and then Houser is at Cookeville and i think he right played for Eldridge at Livingston. I don't know the coach for AL at all. May be others I don't know with close ties. anyway thanks for saying something i felt like i was only one here lately.

I know Coaches Pullum and Lowery well and to be honest I'm surprised they are finalists. They are both good guys but I'm not sure they are Head Coach material. Both have had success at the Middle School level but that's a different ball game. As for Houser I'm not that familiar with him. I'm guessing if he played for Eldridge in Livingston than he had to of played from '96 on? How long has he been at Cookeville? The AL guy would have to be head and shoulders above everyone else to even stand a chance. We were just burned by a coach from outside the area so I can't imagine another one would be hired to take his place. But of course that's all just my opinion.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would get on here today and finally hear who the new coach is. Guess it's just not my lucky day? I've heard from a few friends that they interviewed a few guys this week so I'm assuming either a coach will be hired today, over the weekend, or at the first of next week unless they are conducting more interviews that I'm not aware of. Does anyone know when they are announcing the new coach? Who's got the inside track? Somebody help me out over here!!

What athletes does WC have returning?

We have enough athletes to compete in our new district but not enough to go deep in the playoffs. The upcoming classes have good talent but that will just go to waste unless we can get someone in here that knows what they're doing. I have a few sources of my own winston and they told me yesterday that they are trying to decide whether they should hire a local guy or go outside the system. Is this really that difficult of a decision? Unless there are some more locals who have jumped in the mix I just don't see Coaches' Pullum and Lowery being right for this program. I guess that's why I wasn't asked to make the hire!

Well I'm not going to badmouth anyone who has applied or interviewed or whatever and not sure if their are more locals, I heard Jason Nash's name yesterday. Is he one of the finalists? He's coaching, I think in Georgia and is from Sparta. I have my opinion, warrior96, of who I would hire but I'll keep it to myself because I don't get to make the call and what purpose would it serve. I don't know any of them really well but I do know all of the ones that have been discussed here at least in reputation. Did anyone see the Cookeville-Sparta game last year?

Well I'm not going to badmouth anyone who has applied or interviewed or whatever and not sure if their are more locals, I heard Jason Nash's name yesterday. Is he one of the finalists? He's coaching, I think in Georgia and is from Sparta. I have my opinion, warrior96, of who I would hire but I'll keep it to myself because I don't get to make the call and what purpose would it serve. I don't know any of them really well but I do know all of the ones that have been discussed here at least in reputation. Did anyone see the Cookeville-Sparta game last year?

Please don't think I was badmouthing anyone. I think Coaches Pullum and Lowery are great people I just don't think they're the right fit for our program. I may be wrong but that is just an opinion from a football standpoint and has nothing to do with these men as individuals. I haven't heard Nash's name mentioned as a finalist but I wouldn't be surprised if he's interested in coming back to Sparta. As for who I think should get the job I really don't have one person in mind because as I said earlier I just don't know these guys well enough. And like you said it wouldn't serve any purpose. I wasn't able to make the Cookeville game last year but I heard we were able to keep it respectable. Wasn't the final 35-14? That's an improvement from the '07 season in which they beat us 42-0!

Hey cavsfootball, I googled Coach Houser after i found out his first name is spelled matthan not mattan. Sorry coach for messing that up. Looks like he has the background to be a great head coach, multi-times all-state and played college in ivy league yadda yadda yadda. Any thoughts from Cav nation about an assistant there maybe coming to a rival school? Okay it's not a rivalry until sparta wins a game , it has been what 12-15 years? I do rmeember it tho.

Is Nash is a candidate, I think he'd be a good one? When was Lowery last coaching?

My opinion is this team can win but needs someone from outside to bring a new attitude and breathe of fresh air. That and $3.00 will get you coffee at starbucks, and that's exactly the reason I don't go to starbucks.

Does anyone know how many coaches from outside the Sparta area are being interviewed, if any?

At first I had heard that they were interviewing 4 Coaches' for the position and have since heard that they may have interviewed as many as 8. I know that there were only 2 coaches that currently live in Sparta that were interviewed (Pullum and Lowery). I'm all for hiring the best person for the job whether they're local or not. I just want to get this hire behind us so we can start building towards the future.