CONGRATS TO A GREAT , CLASSY TEAM .. HILLSBORO

pepvol

Man, I would drive up to Tech and pay money to watch a scrimmage between HHS and Maryville.

However, I do wonder if HHS and Maryville would ever consider doing something like a scrimmage or regular season game at a neutral location sometime in the future since they won't be playing each other for the state championship again.

We've done a neutral site scrimmage with Dobbyns-Bennett for years at Carson-Newman. Since we're moving into their classification, the kabosh may be put on that. In other words, we may be shopping for a scrimmage and we always try to find some iron to sharpen iron with those things.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that being a Maryville fan will do for you: you get long and up close glimpses of what champions look like. Hillsboro - you look like the real deal. Congratulations. You guys are warriors. You managed to do something others have only talked about for five years: you scored more points.

Hat's off.

How about a scrimmage come early August at, say, Tennessee Tech?

Unless the 10th games been officially filled, I don't see what a home and home with them would hurt. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It's become a great game that both sides seem to enjoy, no need to put it to an end.

(Then again, with the district Hillsboro is in, if they wanted to play RBS every week outside of region play I would not fault them for it.)

Unless the 10th games been officially filled, I don't see what a home and home with them would hurt. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It's become a great game that both sides seem to enjoy, no need to put it to an end.

(Then again, with the district Hillsboro is in, if they wanted to play RBS every week outside of region play I would not fault them for it.)

10th game is McMinn County. Boy, doesn't that sound exciting!

the preseason scrimmage is a GREAT idea. The two schools aren't too far apart, and the game is always intense, physical, and fast. Would make a great 3rd scrimmage for the rebels. The last opportunity to sharpen up before thier first game. The company would be good also. I believe Hillsboro and Maryville have the most respect i've seen in a heated rivalry in high school football. Very little trash talk, lots of praise from the opposite side. Just a great rivalry.

Hadn't heard that.

Oh well.....I'd drive to Cookeville if I could for that scrimmage. I might see them keeping DB on the scrimmage schedule, but Oak Ridge will have to be replaced. And wasn't Farragut the third one?

First time I can remember the Rebels having 3 scrimmages, and yes it was Farragut....so that one's in out too.