So what about a 6A

whatnow

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 classes, 32 teams in playoffs, 12 districts divided into three regions, 8 per region. Top 2 teams in each district automatically qualify and the top 2 third place finishers.

To make up for lost revenues, allow 11 regular season games. Week 0 (or I guess week -1) can be used for games similar to the Hall of Fame Games in basketball. TSSAA can take 1/4 or 1/3 of the profits with the rest going to whoever puts on the game or however the teams playign want to split it up. Pretty much does away with jamborees, but I think the civic groups that put many of them on could adjust.

How would this not work?

That's not a good way at all. Do you really want to listen to a bunch of teams to gripe that they deserve to be state champions? Settle it on the field....just use fewer classifications. Not real hard.

It would be more fun than what we've got.

4 classes, 32 teams in playoffs, 12 districts divided into three regions, 8 per region. Top 2 teams in each district automatically qualify and the top 2 third place finishers.

To make up for lost revenues, allow 11 regular season games. Week 0 (or I guess week -1) can be used for games similar to the Hall of Fame Games in basketball. TSSAA can take 1/4 or 1/3 of the profits with the rest going to whoever puts on the game or however the teams playign want to split it up. Pretty much does away with jamborees, but I think the civic groups that put many of them on could adjust.

How would this not work?

I like it.

It would be more fun than what we've got.

I hardly see how it would be more fun to have the possibility of a ton of undefeated teams, and have some random group of people decide who is the best. I think we should let the best teams in the state play each other personally......oh wait, that's what we've got now, it's called a playoff. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I hardly see how it would be more fun to have the possibility of a ton of undefeated teams, and have some random group of people decide who is the best. I think we should let the best teams in the state play each other personally......oh wait, that's what we've got now, it's called a playoff. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I like chaos. It's more fun like that.

Really? I didn't see the Oakland vs. MUS game scheduled anywhere. Must have missed that. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Really? I didn't see the Oakland vs. MUS game scheduled anywhere. Must have missed that. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Best teams....within their respective divisions. Can't have EVERYONE playing each other! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />