11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

Pace keeps FHS in the games. He's a sub. D. McClemore hit two threes while he was in the game. Subbing did NOT hurt Franklin.

Pace is a great backup, but the subs for Franklin are weaker than most. When Franklin's starting 5 is not on the court it's a different team. Against Brentwood Pace really helped out alot because Brentwood played 4' off of Glover, enabling Brentwood to doubleteam Haddix. When Pace subbed in for Glover the spacing opened up enabling Haddix to operate in the paint. Against a man, I would always go with Glover because he is very strong off of the dribble. Against a zone however, I think they are better off going with Pace because he is a greater outside threat.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin jumped out early on Overton like 16-5, then as usual Franklin started subbing and Overton made their little run and played even until the 4th quarter. Overton hit some big threes to catch up but Franklin played some pretty good D down the stretch. Haddix had another big jam but the 2-3 zone Overton ran caused Franklin some trouble. Once again, Franklin lost momentum once the "top guys" went to the bench. However, Franklin seems to always struggle with athletic Overton teams every year.

Big Games with

Cent @ Franklin & Bwood @ Ravenwood

Ravenwood has been playing great the past few weeks and have only lost a close game to Franklin.If they make some shots as they have been they should win a close game and spoil Brentwoods hope of a District Championship. Should be a interesting game and fun to watch.

Franklin/Centennial was an awesome game last night. Kelly had trouble getting the ball against the 1-3-1 zone that Franklin came out with. Austin played great and coaching was top notch on both sides. I know Franklin is glad that Centennial is out of their bracket because I have a feeling they are glad they wont see them for a while.

Franklin/Centennial was an awesome game last night. Kelly had trouble getting the ball against the 1-3-1 zone that Franklin came out with. Austin played great and coaching was top notch on both sides. I know Franklin is glad that Centennial is out of their bracket because I have a feeling they are glad they wont see them for a while.

They will see them Saturday night if both teams win Thursday night. They are the 5 seed and play Hillsboro.

Congrats to all the FHS staff and players on hanging in there and some how making it happen. For the 5th straight year Frankin finishes on top of the district. Not bad to a team with a bad coach, Young who disappears in big games, Haddix who is soft, and Henry who can't handle pressure.

By the way, this group of kids have NOT even played their best basketball yet. Watch out!!!!!!!!!

Well I am back after a long week of baseball. But this week was not great for the Indy Eagles the loss to Ravenwood really stings especially after what transpired Friday night. But Ravenwood is playing better than anyone in the district right now. They could upset Brentwood and send them home this week. Indy will rebound and will make a run to the district championship. It sets up perfect for the Eagles cause the Rebels will lose to either Hillsboro or Centennial. Even if they do happen to win we will beat them on our home court. Expect big crowds from the Eagle fans. Look for Carden to carry the team to a district championship.

My All District Team

C- Teichmann

PF- Kelly (MVP) He means the most to his team

SF- Carden

SG- Watkins

PG- Young