11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

Well 04 - 05 they only had frosh and soph - in 2007 first senior class graduated-

Go find the overall Indy basbetball record all time I am sure you will be very surprised- yeah not to bad for a school 5 yrs old and a first Sr.class in 07.......

FHS been arond what 90 yrs how many state champs in basketball?????

At least one more than Indy has AND Franklin was the last midstate AAA team to win the TSSAA State Championship, ask Coach Johnson he was on the 1989 Team.

Best of luck to both teams on Tuesday.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry misspell blame my blackberry- so you didn't attend a college but blast indynation on his choice-

For record me Notre dame-

Hey indy brice and hid buddy will be there look into the franklin crowd all 11 of them they will be easy to spot as they are the two holding hands

What, Notre Dame College in Piskataway, NJ? Oh I know you played for Lou Holtz, and I played basketball for Dean Smith.

It is about time people realize that Indy is the real deal! Indy is always the underdog and they have won more than they have lost. They do not have any big names like FHS or CHS but yet they make it a tough game everytime. This is primarily because a coach has trained players to not only play as a team but he has pushed them to be the absolute best they can be. Indy is fast becoming a basketball school to be taken seriously. They have a coach who knows the game and knows how to teach the game to the players. He and the players don't rely on one or two big names to "be the team".

Why do people have it out for Henrie?? Are they just jealous or what??

Jealous? WE have Jay Johnson. Why would we be jealous?

They have had some good records, your right. How's that playoff record working out for them? 2 years ago they had a very good team and got excused from the district tournament in the first round by Overton. You've got to at least get out of the districts to be considered a "real deal".

Jealous? WE have Jay Johnson. Why would we be jealous?

They have had some good records, your right. How's that playoff record working out for them? 2 years ago they had a very good team and got excused from the district tournament in the first round by Overton. You've got to at least get out of the districts to be considered a "real deal".

I only suggest you are jealous IF you are one of the people who is constantly bashing Coach Henrie. I didn't say that you "should" be jealous when you have a coach as good as Jay Johnson. Also, you need to compare apples to apples. Indy has only been in existence for 5 years and the first two years were with NO seniors. So, only 3 years with a minimum amount of seniors and they are very competitive. Correct, they have not made it out of districts YET but they will. How long did it take Franklin to make it out of districts in the beginning of their schools existence? I don't know their history that far back but I seriously doubt they went to state in their 5th year of existence!! However, they do have a proven record over their many years. Indy is only at the beginning of their history making. It is yet to be seen whether or not they will be able to build the history of other strong programs in the middle TN area. They will win some and lose some just like any other team in the area. But they are the "real deal" meaning that they should be taken seriously.

I only suggest you are jealous IF you are one of the people who is constantly bashing Coach Henrie. I didn't say that you "should" be jealous when you have a coach as good as Jay Johnson. Also, you need to compare apples to apples. Indy has only been in existence for 5 years and the first two years were with NO seniors. So, only 3 years with a minimum amount of seniors and they are very competitive. Correct, they have not made it out of districts YET but they will. How long did it take Franklin to make it out of districts in the beginning of their schools existence? I don't know their history that far back but I seriously doubt they went to state in their 5th year of existence!! However, they do have a proven record over their many years. Indy is only at the beginning of their history making. It is yet to be seen whether or not they will be able to build the history of other strong programs in the middle TN area. They will win some and lose some just like any other team in the area. But they are the "real deal" meaning that they should be taken seriously.

Indy made it to regions in 06 and lost to eventual state semi-finalist Whites Creek by 4?

I don't think you can use the excuse that you've had seniors for only three years. If you have players, freshmen through seniors, and a coach, there is no reason that you can't be competitive with other teams that have the same amount of players, freshmen through seniors, and a coach. It doesn't matter how long you've had seniors, the key is that you have them now, so there is no excuse.

Brentwood has already lost to Indy. I still think Franklin will and should come out on top in the district. However I could also see the scenario where Brentwood, Franklin, and Indy all beat each other once. Which means there would be a 3 way tie for first.

I believe I called this back on Jan. 17 in that there would be a 3 way tie for first place. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> While the season is not over it looks as though my prediction was right on the money!!!

this has been an exciting season and there are only 2 games left..... looking back on it i see two main contenders for the district MVP award. obviously drew kelly is number one. his near 30 ppg average is unheard of but his team's lack of success could hurt him. the other is teichman from brentwood. he is pumping in 20 a contest and has led his team to a tie for first place. i would not at all be opposed to these two bigs sharing the award. also carden is having a great year at indy, no one thought they would be near the top at the beginning of the season.

this has been an exciting season and there are only 2 games left..... looking back on it i see two main contenders for the district MVP award. obviously drew kelly is number one. his near 30 ppg average is unheard of but his team's lack of success could hurt him. the other is teichman from brentwood. he is pumping in 20 a contest and has led his team to a tie for first place. i would not at all be opposed to these two bigs sharing the award. also carden is having a great year at indy, no one thought they would be near the top at the beginning of the season.

Gotta throw Michael Young in there too.

As for MVP.....

Even as a Franklin fan, have to give it to Drew Kelly

All District

Cent: Kelly

Franklin: Haddix, Young

Bwood: Tiechman, Bach, Hood

Indy: Carden

Rwood: who knows, sophs have been starting lately

Hillwood: Goodloe

Hillsboro: McMillian

Overton: Their PG,,,NAME??????

Coach Of The Year: Dennis King (2 wins over Franklin) 1rst 2 wins over FHS in 6 years

I believe I called this back on Jan. 17 in that there would be a 3 way tie for first place. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> While the season is not over it looks as though my prediction was right on the money!!!

If they finish in a 3-way tie who wins the crown?