9AA Starts

Popcorn901

9AA gets going with with a couple of key games. CPA hosts Hume Fogg and East Literature hosts FRA Key games for all four schools. David Lipscomb takes on Ezell harding and finally Pearl Cohn travels to MLK. I think CPA will upset HF. EL over FRA although it would not surprise me if FRA won , DL over EZ and PC to beat MLK.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows what will happen in 9AA? It often appears in the past seasons that early season games go to the better defenses. So in each of these I would go with defense: CPA over HF, DL over EH, PC over MLK and the risky one...FRA over East Lit.

But who knows?????

Hume Fogg over CPA

Ezell over Lipscomb

PC over MLK

East Lit. in a blow out over FRA

Who knows what will happen in 9AA? It often appears in the past seasons that early season games go to the better defenses. So in each of these I would go with defense: CPA over HF, DL over EH, PC over MLK and the risky one...FRA over East Lit.

But who knows?????

If recent box scores are any indication, this season in 9AA could be a real roller coaster ride!

Hume Fogg over CPA

Ezell over Lipscomb

PC over MLK

East Lit. in a blow out over FRA

Hume Fogg really did it to CPA by the score.

FRA played comeback basketball to win at East Lit. It was a good game, overtime. It appeared that FRAs zone press helped in the latter part of the game. East Lit is a very good team and will do very well in the district. FRA is young but could be a sleeper in the District.

Hume Fogg really did it to CPA by the score.

FRA played comeback basketball to win at East Lit. It was a good game, overtime. It appeared that FRAs zone press helped in the latter part of the game. East Lit is a very good team and will do very well in the district. FRA is young but could be a sleeper in the District.

Congrats to FRA on a big win on the road against a good team. EL will be there as the season progresses. This loss maybe their wakeup call.

I am very suprised at the margin of CPA and HF. Did anyone see the game?

Ezell called off the games versus Lipscomb on Friday Night and refused to play on Saturday Night as well! Seems pretty ratty to me. Guess Ezell needs some more practice.

Big time wins for Hume Fogg and for FRA. Hume Fogg will finish in the top half of the regular season, and FRA always finds ways to play tough and pull several upsets throughout every season.

Question to watch for the next several games: Will East be like the Jacksonville Jaguars and be the biggest disappointment in the district?

Ezell called off the games versus Lipscomb on Friday Night and refused to play on Saturday Night as well! Seems pretty ratty to me. Guess Ezell needs some more practice.

Big time wins for Hume Fogg and for FRA. Hume Fogg will finish in the top half of the regular season, and FRA always finds ways to play tough and pull several upsets throughout every season.

Question to watch for the next several games: Will East be like the Jacksonville Jaguars and be the biggest disappointment in the district?

My prediction is East Literature will do fine in the district. I think that FRA is MUCH better than anyone expected and while they are very young they do not "act their age"-at least they haven't over these first 9 games. Nobody is head and shoulders better than the rest in 9AA and that makes for some great matchups every week.

Two big games on Friday. Hume Fogg looks strong but will go against a very athletic East Lit. It should be a good match up. Edge goes to Hume Fogg but East Lit might have a fire under them after the loss to FRA. Each team has true stars that will be showing their stuff on Friday

FRA and CPA play in a rival game. Whether it is Football, Soccer, Basketball or Volleyball these teams want to beat each other. Since it is at CPA they will have an edge. But FRA is disciplined and is playing well as a team. CPA needs a win to go into break at least 1-1 in conference. FRA would love to not let that happen. Bragging rights are at stake for both teams. And this season is the last time they will be in conference together since FRA is going to Division II next year.

The Game is on. It is going to be a fun season for the kids and us adults..... may we always remember it is a game.

Two big games on Friday. Hume Fogg looks strong but will go against a very athletic East Lit. It should be a good match up. Edge goes to Hume Fogg but East Lit might have a fire under them after the loss to FRA. Each team has true stars that will be showing their stuff on Friday

FRA and CPA play in a rival game. Whether it is Football, Soccer, Basketball or Volleyball these teams want to beat each other. Since it is at CPA they will have an edge. But FRA is disciplined and is playing well as a team. CPA needs a win to go into break at least 1-1 in conference. FRA would love to not let that happen. Bragging rights are at stake for both teams. And this season is the last time they will be in conference together since FRA is going to Division II next year.

The Game is on. It is going to be a fun season for the kids and us adults..... may we always remember it is a game.

I'm no sure who the "true stars for each team are. Could you enlighten me?