9AA Starts

Popcorn901

DII A East -Middle per the TSSAA website

Davidson, DCA, Ezell, FRA, Kings Academy, Knox Webb, Lancaster Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, Riverside Christian, St Andrews, St. Cecelia, USN, Zion Christian and Webb

Some of these schools are very good; Knox Webb this year has defeated the likes of BA, Ensworth, Olivar Springs etc. running up a 19-2 record. DCA, Davidson, FRA usually have good teams.

Some of this group are very weak. Enrollment goes from 78 to 478.

I don't think anyone really knows who will be playing who /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> .

FRA and Ezell should be two of the top teams in the district. Davidson Academy is pretty good, but depends on the year. Knox Webb has a very good coach and has had a tradition of stand-out players. Things can change, but I predict FRA and Ezell to be dominant. Good luck to both of you next year.

With those teams exiting, I believe that David Lipscomb and CPA will be the strongest teams in 9AA next year. Without Bagwell, Hume Fogg is going to suffer. East Lit and MLK will be the wild cards. I believe that 9AA is gaining Hunters Lane and Glencliff - right? I saw both of them play in the Overton tournament, and unless they have some strong players coming-up next year, they won't fair to well. This district, however, tends to bring out the competitors in everyone.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last regular season games brought easy victories for David Lipscomb, CPA, and Ezell. Hume-Fogg beats FRA in a tight one. I 'believe' and I'm not sure of this sets up the following for seeding:

CPA

Hume-Fogg

FRA

David Lipscomb

Ezell or East Lit

MLK

Pearl Cohn

I believe that Ezell and East Lit are now tied for 5th. (Someone needs to enlighten me if I am accurate).

David Lipscomb will not have it easy with either team, since they beat them both in their regular season games. I don't know which one I fear more... Earps is a senior and she is going to want to keep playing. East Lit wants to do what they did last year.

I think that Hume-Fogg will have a tough match up with MLK.

First round is always a wild card. CPA should handle Pearl-Cohn. DL beat them easily tonight with a team full of sick players. Bench was pulled-in two minutes into the fourth quarter, or it could have been worse. DL's rebounding and hustle was phenomenal. Mind you, I thoroughly enjoyed the Pearl-Cohn band!! They certainly made it feel like HS basketball.

The last regular season games brought easy victories for David Lipscomb, CPA, and Ezell. Hume-Fogg beats FRA in a tight one. I 'believe' and I'm not sure of this sets up the following for seeding:

CPA

Hume-Fogg

FRA

David Lipscomb

Ezell or East Lit

MLK

Pearl Cohn

I believe that Ezell and East Lit are now tied for 5th. (Someone needs to enlighten me if I am accurate).

David Lipscomb will not have it easy with either team, since they beat them both in their regular season games. I don't know which one I fear more... Earps is a senior and she is going to want to keep playing. East Lit wants to do what they did last year.

I think that Hume-Fogg will have a tough match up with MLK.

First round is always a wild card. CPA should handle Pearl-Cohn. DL beat them easily tonight with a team full of sick players. Bench was pulled-in two minutes into the fourth quarter, or it could have been worse. DL's rebounding and hustle was phenomenal. Mind you, I thoroughly enjoyed the Pearl-Cohn band!! They certainly made it feel like HS basketball.

East Lit and Ezell are tied for fifth. But East Lit swept them. I guess East Lit is fifth and Ezell sixth. East Lit will catch Lipscomb and Ezell will face FRA.

FRA and Ezell should be two of the top teams in the district. Davidson Academy is pretty good, but depends on the year. Knox Webb has a very good coach and has had a tradition of stand-out players. Things can change, but I predict FRA and Ezell to be dominant. Good luck to both of you next year.

With those teams exiting, I believe that David Lipscomb and CPA will be the strongest teams in 9AA next year. Without Bagwell, Hume Fogg is going to suffer. East Lit and MLK will be the wild cards. I believe that 9AA is gaining Hunters Lane and Glencliff - right? I saw both of them play in the Overton tournament, and unless they have some strong players coming-up next year, they won't fair to well. This district, however, tends to bring out the competitors in everyone.

Hunters Lane and Glencliff will both stay in 12AAA. The new teams will be Stratford, Whites Creek and Maplewood. We will have nine teams next year.

East Lit and Ezell are tied for fifth. But East Lit swept them. I guess East Lit is fifth and Ezell sixth. East Lit will catch Lipscomb and Ezell will face FRA.

Lipscomb has looked really good their last two outings (despite sick players). East Lit is always a dog fight. Ellenburgh, Bridges, and Keen are going to have to stay on the floor, and out of foul trouble to win this game. DL beat East Lit with both Bridges and Ellenburgh fouled out the last game. Neither were in the game the fourth quarter, but Keen and Solomon did a great job moving to the post. Three point shooting and endurance are going to be the key. If DL is hitting, they win. If not, they lose. Keys for East Lit are to get some type of 3 pt game. They need outside shooting to balance their inside game and jump shots. Should be a great game!

FRA will not have a problem with Ezell.

Lipscomb has looked really good their last two outings (despite sick players). East Lit is always a dog fight. Ellenburgh, Bridges, and Keen are going to have to stay on the floor, and out of foul trouble to win this game. DL beat East Lit with both Bridges and Ellenburgh fouled out the last game. Neither were in the game the fourth quarter, but Keen and Solomon did a great job moving to the post. Three point shooting and endurance are going to be the key. If DL is hitting, they win. If not, they lose. Keys for East Lit are to get some type of 3 pt game. They need outside shooting to balance their inside game and jump shots. Should be a great game!

FRA will not have a problem with Ezell.

Go Ezell. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />