Reginald Buckner or John Jenkins

yankees8589

Some players are better than others regardless of the circumstances.

Jarrett Jack or Tim Duncan

No Brainer.

true, but you missed a huge part of my comment... I said, "two GREAT players." Jack is a average/good player... not great. Now, Tim Duncan or Dewayne Wade????? hard to compare two GREAT players that play at diff positions and like I said, it also depends on what you as a team need in a player.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yankees, let me ask you a question. Did you see Thadeous Young play with Mitchell when he was in HS? If so, in your honest unbiased opinion, who is better Thad or Buckner? I've seen both play and I've got my own opinion but I'd just like to see if it matches yours. I'm not trying to start a big argument, it's just a legit question as they both play the same position and are from the same area.

yankees, let me ask you a question. Did you see Thadeous Young play with Mitchell when he was in HS? If so, in your honest unbiased opinion, who is better Thad or Buckner? I've seen both play and I've got my own opinion but I'd just like to see if it matches yours. I'm not trying to start a big argument, it's just a legit question as they both play the same position and are from the same area.

Man that's a good one...Thad ranks pretty high up with players coming out of Memphis....He dominated at least 3 years maybe 4 years at Mitchell. I watched about 12 TYoung games and 2 Buckner games and they are pretty close. I still have to see Buckner play a little bit more to see all of the ball handling and jump shots....good question

Jenks will play pro ball. Wont be a star. People say he doesn't have the build, look at Marion, R. Allen, Reggie Miller in Pros, and Stephen in the NCAA. He will be a Reggie Miller type player. Shoot LIGHTS OUT, every night. Buckner probably should have looked around, because Miss. is definitely not a top tier program that he could go to. He is that good, too.

BUCKNER COMPARED TO JENKINS IS LIKE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES.I DON'T CARE HOW YOU LOOK AT IT 57 POINTS IS SOME REALLY GREAT SHOOTING.BUCKNER WOULD PUT UP HIGH NUMBERS ALSO IF HE WAS ON TEAM LIKE STATION CAMP, BUT WE WILL NEVER TRULEY KNOW.I THINK LESIE VS JENKINS IS A BETTER COMPARISON.THEN IF YOU LOOK AT COMPETITION LEVELS IT IS STILL HARD TO COMPARE THOSE TWO. BRIARCREST PLAYS SOME TOUGH NATIONAL TEAMS LIKE FLOSSMORE AND SIMEON OUT OF CHICAGO. COACHES FROM THESE THREE SCHOOLS (BRIARCREST, STATION CAMP, AND MANASSAS) HAVE DIFFERENT PHILOSPHIES, SO ALL WE CAN GIVE ARE OPINIONS OF WHAT AND WHO WE'VE SEEN PLAY AND LIKE.THESE SCHOOLS ARE IN THREE DIFFERENT CLASSIFICATIONS, SO WHO REALLY CAN MAKE A FAIR UNBIAS OPINION.PERSONALLY I THINK ALL THREE PLAYERS ARE SPECIAL YOUNG MEN.

BUCKNER COMPARED TO JENKINS IS LIKE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES.I DON'T CARE HOW YOU LOOK AT IT 57 POINTS IS SOME REALLY GREAT SHOOTING.BUCKNER WOULD PUT UP HIGH NUMBERS ALSO IF HE WAS ON TEAM LIKE STATION CAMP, BUT WE WILL NEVER TRULEY KNOW.I THINK LESIE VS JENKINS IS A BETTER COMPARISON.THEN IF YOU LOOK AT COMPETITION LEVELS IT IS STILL HARD TO COMPARE THOSE TWO. BRIARCREST PLAYS SOME TOUGH NATIONAL TEAMS LIKE FLOSSMORE AND SIMEON OUT OF CHICAGO. COACHES FROM THESE THREE SCHOOLS (BRIARCREST, STATION CAMP, AND MANASSAS) HAVE DIFFERENT PHILOSPHIES, SO ALL WE CAN GIVE ARE OPINIONS OF WHAT AND WHO WE'VE SEEN PLAY AND LIKE.THESE SCHOOLS ARE IN THREE DIFFERENT CLASSIFICATIONS, SO WHO REALLY CAN MAKE A FAIR UNBIAS OPINION.PERSONALLY I THINK ALL THREE PLAYERS ARE SPECIAL YOUNG MEN.

Good post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !

Good post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !

AND YES , I FORGOT TO MENTION BRAIRCREST PLAYS LINCOLN, NY.DID YOU SEE THEM LAST NIGHT VS DUNCANVILLE,TX ON ESPN?....MAN NATIONAL COMP. IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL!!!

true, but you missed a huge part of my comment... I said, "two GREAT players." Jack is a average/good player... not great. Now, Tim Duncan or Dewayne Wade????? hard to compare two GREAT players that play at diff positions and like I said, it also depends on what you as a team need in a player.

Good Point....Some are clearly better than others and some have a higher ceiling to. That is what I was really getting at. Buckner has a much higher ceiling than Jenkins..in my opinion.

AND YES , I FORGOT TO MENTION BRAIRCREST PLAYS LINCOLN, NY.DID YOU SEE THEM LAST NIGHT VS DUNCANVILLE,TX ON ESPN?....MAN NATIONAL COMP. IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL!!!

City of Palms tourny should be amazing. Ducanville is in the same tourney along with Mater Dai. Best Player in the nation John Wall plays that Thursday i think. Best of all, Team Flight Brothers have a 15 minute dunk session before the Briarcrest vs. Lincoln game, check them out on youtube absolutely ridiculous.