West Tennessee Top 10

toinemac

Rural West TN Top 10

1) Liberty - A young team and very talented!

2) Humboldt - This team is DEEEEEP on the bench. They can run and gun with the best.

3) Dyer Co. - CJ's time to do his thing. This team is young, but they can play.

4) Bolivar - Chris Reaves and Ricky Tisdale will lead the way. Back to state they go!

5) Lake Co. - They feature one of the best talents in West TN. Under-rated Russell Avery.

6) JCM - I've heard they are athletic. Their most impressive win is to North Side.

7) North Side - They have the best player in rural west TN, but do they have anything else?

8) Henry Co. - This team is getting the W. Schedule doesn't appear to be too terribly tough.

9) Westview - Only loss to TN team is to Henry Co. Their other loss is to Graves Co., KY.

10) Covington - This team may have some losses, but this team is loaded with talent.

Memphis Top 10

1) Raleigh Egypt - The Pharaohs will be the cream of the crop in AAA this year in Memphis. State champs????

2) Briarcrest - Leslie McDonald, Greg Wooten, Johnny Williams. Will wind up nationally ranked.

3) Melrose - Adonis Thomas seems to be leading the way for the Golden Wildcats.

4) White Station - Jackson and Hall will have to lead the way. Can they do it will be the question.

5) Manassas - Buckner is one of the best big men in the country. Is Manassas discipline enough to win 1A?

6) BTW - They sit at 6-0. Most impressive win is against Hamilton. They seem to always be a contender.

7) Ridgeway - They lost Jason Jones and Sampson Carter, but return Tarik Black. Not as good as last year.

8) Craigmont - They beat Ridgeway, but lost to Liberty Tech.

9) St. George's - St. George's lost Lawrence Bowers and Elliot Williams, but they still coninue to win.

10) Southwind - I don't know much about them. They only have 2 losses, 1 of them came to Ridgeway.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

west tennessee

1. liberty (beat humboldt on play day from what i hear)

2. humboldt (huge and VERY athletic)

3.north side (Mr. Prather is a BEAST)

4.dyer county (fast and talented pg but i was told got drilled by north side this summer)

5.bolivar (dont know much bout them but heard the reaves kid was good)

6.jcm (very athletic and quick)

7.henry county (big and can shoot pretty well)

8.lake county (russel avery possibly mvp of 14a and a few guards that are lightning fast!)

9/10.westview/gibson county westview: (3 point shooting at all five spots with a VERY talented sg in jacob lloyd) gibson county: (new coach w/new philosophy. best post in district in masagna. ahead of oc because of win last night. possibly interchangeable w/westview bc gc lost to henry by 4 where as westview lost to them by i believe 11.)

When gc played henry county we didn't have the football players back. The westview game was the first game for our football players to play and we did a lot of expiermenting. So when we play westview again next saturday it could be a bigger margin.

For the people who have Melrose ranked in front of Briarcrest, I think I should let you know Briarcrest beat Melrose by 20 in a exhibition game the weekend before the season started. Yes, it was an exhibition game, but 20 points even if the game doesn't count thats quite a significant win.

January 21st should be a great game Briarcrest @ Liberty Tech

You won't get any argument from me as far as Briarcrest being a top team. I can see Briarcrest beating Melrose and I can also see the roles reveresed if hey were to play again in a game that counts....who knows? Melrose is just so young but has alot of BIGTIME talent. Just for the record though, I put 0 stock in exhibition games (highschool, college, and pro in any sport) Some do but I don't.

The New York Giants also beat the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, after losing to them late in the regular season. Many people were saying the Patriots were the best team of alltime. Each game stands on it's on.

Briarcrest/Liberty should be a good one. I'm looking forward to that game...FOR SURE!!!!!!

You won't get any argument from me as far as Briarcrest being a top team. I can see Briarcrest beating Melrose and I can also see the roles reveresed if hey were to play again in a game that counts....who knows? Melrose is just so young but has alot of BIGTIME talent. Just for the record though, I put 0 stock in exhibition games (highschool, college, and pro in any sport) Some do but I don't.

The New York Giants also beat the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, after losing to them late in the regular season. Many people were saying the Patriots were the best team of alltime. Each game stands on it's on.

Briarcrest/Liberty should be a good one. I'm looking forward to that game...FOR SURE!!!!!!

Yeah I agree it just felt like needed information though. They beat Briarcrest this summer bad at the Rhodes College tournament, but that was without Greg Wooten. Trying to break that run and jump press of Melrose without Wooten just took it's toll on Briarcrest.

Guest Advisor

Rural West TN Top 10

2) Humboldt - This team is DEEEEEP on the bench. They can run and gun with the best.

4) Bolivar - Chris Reaves and Ricky Tisdale will lead the way. Back to state they go!

5) Lake Co. - They feature one of the best talents in West TN. Under-rated Russell Avery.

6) JCM - I've heard they are athletic. Their most impressive win is to North Side.

7) North Side - They have the best player in rural west TN, but do they have anything else?

8) Henry Co. - This team is getting the W. Schedule doesn't appear to be too terribly tough.

9) Westview - Only loss to TN team is to Henry Co. Their other loss is to Graves Co., KY.

10) Covington - This team may have some losses, but this team is loaded with talent.

Memphis Top 10

1) Raleigh Egypt - The Pharaohs will be the cream of the crop in AAA this year in Memphis. State champs????

2) Briarcrest - Leslie McDonald, Greg Wooten, Johnny Williams. Will wind up nationally ranked.

4) White Station - Jackson and Hall will have to lead the way. Can they do it will be the question.

5) Manassas - Buckner is one of the best big men in the country. Is Manassas discipline enough to win 1A?

6) BTW - They sit at 6-0. Most impressive win is against Hamilton. They seem to always be a contender.

7) Ridgeway - They lost Jason Jones and Sampson Carter, but return Tarik Black. Not as good as last year.

9) St. George's - St. George's lost Lawrence Bowers and Elliot Williams, but they still coninue to win.

10) Southwind - I don't know much about them. They only have 2 losses, 1 of them came to Ridgeway.

Well GCPioneer, I finally brought myself to blog on Coacht following the loss to Hillsboro in the semis!! It's good to see your posts as always! I agree with your West TN top 10 for the most part. At this point of the early season, I would think your 10 are as good as any HOWEVER, I must disagree with you statement in regards to Henry County's schedule. You might want to reword it as "unfamilar to most West Tennesseans" but "not too terribly" is not at all accurate. District 10AAA has some very talented directional Clarksville schools not to mention Springfield who the Patriots beat Friday night at their place. To my knowledge, that's the first Patriot win at Springfield since they rejoined District 10! Other than that, you are right on target. Looks to be a fun season. When you see a good team play or here of a unsual or unexpected score, let us all know. I hope I don't have to wait til football season to here from you!!

Henry county beat westview again last night by 10 or 11. We got 31 points from shonte simms and 21 from a very sick marcus etheridge. Westview hit 12 3s. A lot of them were late in the 4th. But henry cointy found a way to grind it out.

Also I would like to send prayers out for the young lady that got injured from westview. I work at the hospital and that is the worst thing I have seen with my own eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Most teams have played everyone in the districts by now,with the exception of maybe Liberty and Bolivar..Liberty has only lost 1 game..Humboltt has pretty well run rough shod over everyone beating Trenton by about 50..Milan by 47..Gibson Co by close to 40...Dyer Co has beaten Milan by 17..Westview by about 19...beat Henry Co by about 2 points..Lake Co just won a tournament in Ill but lost their first game at Humboldt last night in a hard fought game..Does Liberty say #1..Does Henry Co move up by playing Dyer Co close?Does Dyer Co move up or down ..beat Milan by and Gibson Co pretty handidly..Dyer Co will probably go undefeated in their district in the regular season..Humboldt beat Milan and Gibson Co and Trenton without mercy..Humboldt has a chance to be undefeated in the district as well unless they stumble at Lake Co ..With Humboldt beating Milan,Trenton and Gibson so bad..does that actually help Lake Co by coming to Humboldt and only was down by 1 point with 19 seconds left and had to foul against what most people have as the #2 team..And at Humboldt!..If a new West Tenn poll came out now...how would it look?l ..Do these teams stay the same ..move up or move down?

Rural West TN Top 10

Memphis Top 10

Trust me!!! St. George's is not a top 20 team in Memphis this year!!!!!!!!!!!