Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

Yea ,I know..It started out as the best team in a decade..Then someone said the best team in 30 years..So really..Lake Co should have no chance and will be lucky to get with 25 points..But I think Humboldt is putting too much in height...There are other intangibles..Turnovers..Humboldt may not have any..If they don't..they'll probably win..If Humboldt grabs 20 more rebounds because of their height..that means Lake Co probably missed too many shots to win anyway..Or will lead to too many easy stick backs if it's on the Humboldt offensive end..But I was wanting to know about last years other starter..If it was Crayton..That would mean Humboldt had Epperson..about 6'5..Charles Taylor ..about 6'6..I believe one of their guards were over 6 foot..So..They were taller last year...Last year Lake Co had Channin Geanes..about 6'3 and other than him...about the same size for Lake Co..Abbot started but he was a stocky player but not as quick as the players we have on the floor now..As a matter of fact..Russell and Channin both got in foul trouble last year and Lake Co got bejind by about 15 points..With Channin on the bench..Lake Co..mainly this same bench got within about 1 or 2 points and then had to start fouling at the end of the game...But then again..This being the best team in 30 years..I doubt Dyer Co ..Lake Co. or even Manassa wants any part of them...Union City beat Manassas last year for the title and if Humboldt is the best team in 30 years..should be better than last years Union City team and should just call the Boro and tell Manassas ..Culleoka or who ever to not even bother about showing up!

Heck why are we playing anyway....Just put that Gold ball on a Fedex truck and send it to the 'boldt. Save everybody a whole lot of trouble especially with the shape this economy is in.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt just seems to think they're going to shoot easily over Lake Co..Answer this question for me?Who started for Humboldt last year?I know Codero Wade..Charles Taylor..Chauncey Hunt and Epperson started..Who was your other starter?Was it Crayton?

Last years starting line up was usually Odell Jackson 5'6 Chauncey Hunt 5'9 Codero Wade 6'0 Charles Taylor 6'6 and EJ Epperson 6'3

This years starting line up Quan Campbell 5'9 Rashad Wade 6'0 Charles Taylor 6'6 Tevin Crayton 6'6 Darren Dunbar 6'4.

Humboldt is a totally different team this year from last. This game should be alot different!

Brandon Springer wasn't but about 6'1 and I saw him block Epperson about 3 times in a row in one game...Lake Co has some boys that can jump..We have a couple players around 6'2 on the bench and I'd be safe to say that Dominic Kimble can out jump any of them..The bigger people had better be quick on defense as well because Carlos and Company will be dri ving around them..Hate to see Humboldt grabbing jerseys to catch up!

First of all, these fellows out jump Epperson, Epperson had a shot that was easy to block, Epperson is a football player. These guys are strickly basket ball players. Jumping means absolutely nothing. Making the basket is what counts. We have a 5'7" guard that will Tomahawk or shoot the 3. Humboldt will grab the ball not the Jersey. If you are comparing what these guys can do based on what happen last year, make sure you make the game, you will say "Dorthy -- We are not in Kansas" /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

And if you think there's this easy drive around issue, drive down amongst the giants in the lane. Don't run into the trees that remain planted or I'll catch the ball in the stands. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I just may go to this game....is there a neutral seating area?? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Somebody save me a seat....I'm small and don't take up much room /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There are no neutral seats as you say, but they are all good seats and comfortable we've upgraded the gym some what.

First of all, these fellows out jump Epperson, Epperson had a shot that was easy to block, Epperson is a football player. These guys are strickly basket ball players. Jumping means absolutely nothing. Making the basket is what counts. We have a 5'7" guard that will Tomahawk or shoot the 3. Humboldt will grab the ball not the Jersey. If you are comparing what these guys can do based on what happen last year, make sure you make the game, you will say "Dorthy -- We are not in Kansas" /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

And if you think there's this easy drive around issue, drive down amongst the giants in the lane. Don't run into the trees that remain planted or I'll catch the ball in the stands. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

HA ha ha couldn't have said it better myself!

I know Epperson couldn't shoot a lick..Just made goals or dunks around the basket..I thought he was the leaper on the team..Called him sky walker..Thought he jumped on the tip balls..But all of a sudden he's not playing this year and so now he couldn't jump..Lake Co has a player of their own that will block shots into the seats..He blocked the 6'8 Alex Brown several times and took several off the back board on blocks..Even the guards had several blocks against taller players...As far as making the game..I've been to all the games in the regular season and went to Marion to watch the past two games..Humboldt can say they were undefeated in 2008..But they are going to have a bad start for 2009...lol!

HA ha ha couldn't have said it better myself!

Ok enought of this Marion Tourney Bragging.

Research says: Lake Co went into over time against Herrin. Herrin's record is 1-11

The teams in this so talented Tourney are Marion (12-5), Union County (3 - 11), Trigg (9-6) St. Mary (record unknown)

Come on Now, What's really going on.

I know Epperson couldn't shoot a lick..Just made goals or dunks around the basket..I thought he was the leaper on the team..Called him sky walker..Thought he jumped on the tip balls..But all of a sudden he's not playing this year and so now he couldn't jump..Lake Co has a player of their own that will block shots into the seats..He blocked the 6'8 Alex Brown several times and took several off the back board on blocks..Even the guards had several blocks against taller players...As far as making the game..I've been to all the games in the regular season and went to Marion to watch the past two games..Humboldt can say they were undefeated in 2008..But they are going to have a bad start for 2009...lol!

Have you noticed the past tense in your sentences - This is a new year with a new group. Lake county went to overtime against a team with a 1-11 record.

Come on Bigster Mister, tell the truth now - where there really talented teams down there????????? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> be honest - sounds like our GC Christmas tourney was more talented. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

BY THE WAY EPPERSON DID HIS JOB WELL EVEN THOUGH HE'S A FOOTBALL PLAYER AT OLE MISS NOW, NOT LOOKING AT A JR COLLEGE!!!!