Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm picking humboldt just too much size for the falcons to handle....

after first half: humboldt: 45

Lake co.: 41

final: humboldt: 91

lake co: 72

I'll take Humboldt big in this one...Not only does Humboldt have a lot of size and athleticism, but they also have several knock down shooters and guys that can take their man off the dribble and finish..The Vikings have too much depth and it'll start to show as I look for it to be a close game for a couple of quarters with Humboldt pulling away in the third...

Humboldt 84

Lake Co 67

It' wierd how things change on these boards. A month ago almost everybody to a person (with the excption of Humboldt fans) was saying Humboldt was overrated and was not as talented as some were making them out to be.

Now it's the complete opposite....Interesting!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

the phenomenon of a popular trend attracting even greater popularity

It' wierd how things change on these boards. A month ago almost everybody to a person (with the excption of Humboldt fans) was saying Humboldt was overrated and was not as talented as some were making them out to be.

Now it's the complete opposite....Interesting!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No one thought Humboldt could lose 4 starters (5 seniors overall) and get better...They not only got better, but deeper..

You can mark me down for saying before the season even started... that this was the best Humboldt team in a decade!

No one thought Humboldt could lose 4 starters (5 seniors overall) and get better...They not only got better, but deeper..

I said before the season that this was the most talentd Humbolt team in years and that they would be MUCH better minus Epperson (Epperson was not a good Basketball player), that this team had the chance to be special, and could opossibly go through the district/region undefeated. My only question was the coach. Boykins has shut up alot of critics (thus far) including myself.

I said before the season that this was the most talentd Humbolt team in years and that they would be MUCH better minus Epperson (Epperson was not a good Basketball player), that this team had the chance to be special, and could opossibly go through the district/region undefeated. My only question was the coach. Boykins has shut up alot of critics (thus far) including myself.

This team has a lot of seniors which is why I don't think the coaching will hurt us as much as in the past...Boykin can sit back a little more and doesn't have to TEACH as much...

One thing that a lot of people don't talk about is Humboldt's defense...We're not having the mental breakdowns that we've had in year's past and I think you can contribute that to the coaching staff...Boykin and his assistant know what they have with this year's team and you gotta believe they're doing everything they can to get the team ready for March...

More evidence of good coaching is found with Humboldt point guard Quan Campbell...Coming in last year as a freshman, he was a great athlete but needed to develop the rest of his game...Now, with one year of Humboldt's coaches working with him on his shot and ball handling skills, he's developed into one of the most explosive players in the district...

This team has a lot of seniors which is why I don't think the coaching will hurt us as much as in the past...Boykin can sit back a little more and doesn't have to TEACH as much...

One thing that a lot of people don't talk about is Humboldt's defense...We're not having the mental breakdowns that we've had in year's past and I think you can contribute that to the coaching staff...Boykin and his assistant know what they have with this year's team and you gotta believe they're doing everything they can to get the team ready for March...

More evidence of good coaching is found with Humboldt point guard Quan Campbell...Coming in last year as a freshman, he was a great athlete but needed to develop the rest of his game...Now, with one year of Humboldt's coaches working with him on his shot and ball handling skills, he's developed into one of the most explosive players in the district...

I agree..HBT's defense has been supurb thus far only allowing 50 per game.

These posts have been kinda funny..To being the best team in a decade..to not playing good against Dyersburg and Middleton and then when I kept talking about that quote..was told to give it a break..Now they're the best team in a decade again..lol..And most think that Humboldt is too deep..If Humboldt wins it will be because of their size because they're not going to be any quicker man to man and maybe if Lake Co were to get Russell Avery or Patrick Robertson in foul trouble..Not worried about any guards getting in foul trouble..Rafael Tyler,although only a freshman,Carlos Young,Leron Garrett and Dominic Kimble can run with anyone Humboldt has...Dominic has to do better with his shot selections for this game though..Leave him open at 35 feet and he'll fire it up..May be ok to do that against some of the other teams we've played with a lead but not for this game..I'm anxious to see who Coach Whitby starts and if he plays just about 8 or 9 players instead of his usual 12..!