New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

i did, i know what i'm talking about he came from ga before catholic yes he is from rockwood but he went to ga i think oglethorpe so please know who your talkin to o and ruse? more money than the catholic church? o and its the wing bone not wing t please do your research before u get smart

don't stand on the tracks when the trains comin through

I don't believe me or "ruse" said anything out of the way to you hogan ????

Just pondering who will OR get a their coach. Is "Red Jack" Cunningham still around Oak Ridge. I believe he played on a state championship team at OR in the mid 70's.........73 or 74 not sure. He played OT at TTU.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that he coached in GA, but you made it sound like he was from another state. & yes I have seen Catholic play I knew there were variations of the Wing T in it & thought that it was more like one of the military schools offenses. But, 99.9% of the time if someone says a team runs the Bone they think of the old wishbone. With that being said I do think that Pemberton would also be a good choice.

as for being closer i think pemberton turned in the truck for a prius, as for money goto knoxcatholicfootball.com look at the addition to sports complex. Catholic church has more money that OR (no disrespect )but c'mon no one knows what he gets paid because its private if it were a public school u would know what he gets paid but u don't stop assuming

rocking chair? do i have to be spoken to in order to speak?

i don't think i was even talking directly to u?

If they can't get Rankin I expect them to look at Ron Gray. Whether you like him or not, he's a dang good football coach and I firmly believe he has what it takes to bring this program back to the top.

The same Ron Gray that quit in 2005, tried to undermine the program, undermine the coach before Stevens, and has an awful reputation in the coaching world including Bearden and Karns? I have read this board long enough to think the Oak Ridge faithful would know better than to hire that guy.

I think Oak Ridgers may have to resort to the simple fact that, Oak Ridge is not what it was 20 - 30 years ago and no one in the state looks at them like that anymore but themselves. The amount of arrogance in that town is astounding. If they could just mimic other communities like Maryville, Ooltewah, Smyrna, Germantown etc. and try to grow instead of talking about the past it could get better.

I see you left out one big FACT, Ron Grey may have done all the above, but one fact for sure is that he coached at Catholic this year State Champs. and there is always two sides to every story so before you go and post the negative issues there are some good ones as well. Ron Grey had numerous past football players that he coached at all the above mentioned schools that made the trip to the boro to support him and his quest to be a part of a state team, so all must not be as bad as you say.