Clay at Pickett Friday Night

baller21

I don"t know what game you were at, but most of us had never seen PC play before tonite. I promise you we were shocked at the caliber of team we faced tonite that was wearing the PC uniforms. I was talking to ex-PC players and spectators from other 7A schools that were in attendance and no one could believe how far the talent level has dropped in PC. Yes I understand you graduated 5 seniors last year, but I'm sorry I just don't see the RAW talent there that has the capability to get better as in years past.

So you can get on here and spread all the sunshine and roses you want to about this game, but truth be told PC was never even remotely close to CCHS tonite. If you call rotating 1 starter in with the 3rd string in the 4th qtr keeping our starters in then I guess I have to agree with you about playing our starters. Another thing, I didn't think I would see the day that Clay County's fans outnumbered PC fans in Byrdstown. The Bobcats may win a few games but I don't think it will be against too strong of competition. Certainly not against the District leaders.

Sorry, but I think a very big District 7A rivalry DIED tonite.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see you saying the rivalrys dead when Clarkrange beats the crap out of the girls about every time they play....Clay is definitely better than PC, but they are not playing that well. They only scored 49 against a team that you say is terrible or has NO raw talent. PC had a ton of open looks early in the game and couldn't make any.

PC will get better and will beat one of the better teams in the district.

Like the earlier post said Clay should/will win the district easy and probably the region, but probably won't make the state....I hope they do, but I doubt it.

Was it as bad as the score indicates? It was worse. Am I ashamed to be a bobcat? Yeah. Is Clay Co. good? yeah. Is this team gonna win state? Not even close. Listen folks, all I've heard is how good Clay Co. is, how many players they have coming off the bench, how they will not only be good this year but next. Like a friend of mine said, Shawn Garrett can't hit a jump shot, or basically anything outside of 3 ft. And he is right, but PC didn't make him have to score any other way that on lay ups. Attention, Shawn Garrett is not the BEST player in 7a, Upchurch can Shoot circles around this kid. Garrett should not be the MVP after the season. The well hasn't run dry, this team and this year has been a rebuilding year all along, PC has some bright spots, with its juniors and its sophomores, but like many inexperienced players, they need time to mature, and thats what is happening now. This team isn't that good, because even against this awful PC squad, you all could only manage 49 points against them, and Garrett and Edwards and many other starters and regulars where still playing in the third quarter. Listen, Clay is the best team in probably the worst this district and region has been in a long time. Some team from chattanooga could easily come beat this team in substate. This team is no better than it was last year. No shooters really what-so-ever, this team relies on lay ups too much, if they make it to state and have to face Buckner and Manasass, that shot won't be there. And as for being ok for years to come? I sure didn't see it, I saw some good seniors, but not much else. So like I said in a previous post, Enjoy it now Clay Co, cause it's a long fall from the top.

Well as far as Shawn Garrett goes you really need to do some homework before running your mouth!!!! Yes! he can hit a jump shot and has hit some 3's in his day but that has not been the position he has been trained for now is it? Another thing who cares if he is not MVP he don't. He just loves the game. But if you where a real sports person you would have to admit he is good and real effective on defense. His record (thank God didn't have nothing to do with you) speaks for its self Freshman of the year 2006-2007, second team, First team 2007-2008 and who knows what the year will bring so please deal with!!!!

Now as far as Clay County goes this year, we have all kinds of talent that reaches all the way down to JV. So people better be ready, it is our time to shine. PC has had some great years and I appauld them and Bibbs for it especailly Wright and Capps, they were two of the best to watch. But it is our time. The comments made about "that team relies on lay ups too much" Is crap. I'm sorry but I think any team that leaves the door wide open, gets what they ask for. If you really followed Clay County then you would know that we have a lot of three pointer action, especially from players such as, Edwards, Dale, Brown, Adams, Korth, Boles and almost everyone of the JV. So you really need to do your homework before running your mouth.

We may not win the state but it want be because we don't give it our all.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!

WOW....talking about Shawn Garrett is pretty low...no matter whose side you are on! He is a good player, I mean yeah he shot alot of layups but does that not make him a really good player, I mean the fact that he gets so many layups would make him a good player in my mind. Now on to the next subject..CC has returned everyone, PC no one! This one was CC to win...DUH...they handled their business solidly, but a 24 or 26 pt. win is not what everyone, including most of the predictions on here, was expecting. Let's look at it this way, PC hits a 4 or 5 of those shots they got in the 1st that were wide opened and this is a good game, BUT they didn't! That is youth and they will eventually grow out of that. They have to have Jacob Brown and some of those seniors to help carry the load, if not, then let Dowdy and the Jr.'s have the team and do it all, and that is what may happen soon if these Seniors don't start stepping up soon. All in all though, everyone can honestly say I think that CC is not what we all expected them to be this year, I mean it's their year.

Also, whoever said they were going to fall from the top is very inaccurate, no matter who they pull for Clay Co. will be there for a while! Top 3 in the next few years will be Jackson Co., Pickett Co., and Clay Co. NO ONE CAN DENY THAT!!!!!!!! These are the best 3 coaches in the district and will be the best 3 teams for years to come.

Well as far as Shawn Garrett goes you really need to do some homework before running your mouth!!!! Yes! he can hit a jump shot and has hit some 3's in his day but that has not been the position he has been trained for now is it? Another thing who cares if he is not MVP he don't. He just loves the game. But if you where a real sports person you would have to admit he is good and real effective on defense. His record (thank God didn't have nothing to do with you) speaks for its self Freshman of the year 2006-2007, second team, First team 2007-2008 and who knows what the year will bring so please deal with!!!!

Now as far as Clay County goes this year, we have all kinds of talent that reaches all the way down to JV. So people better be ready, it is our time to shine. PC has had some great years and I appauld them and Bibbs for it especailly Wright and Capps, they were two of the best to watch. But it is our time. The comments made about "that team relies on lay ups too much" Is crap. I'm sorry but I think any team that leaves the door wide open, gets what they ask for. If you really followed Clay County then you would know that we have a lot of three pointer action, especially from players such as, Edwards, Dale, Brown, Adams, Korth, Boles and almost everyone of the JV. So you really need to do your homework before running your mouth.

We may not win the state but it want be because we don't give it our all.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Lets start with this. Has the well run dry in PC? yep. They have some bright spots. This team has played a combined eleven games together, I don't expect them to be able to beat anyone. I'm looking to next year. As far as Clay Co goes, I don't see anything in their reserves that makes me think they are gonna be dominant in 7a for years to come. I can say that about a team like JC though, because they have some nice younger players.

Now lets get to the 2nd thing. Can Garrett hit an occasional jump shot? sure, but anyone can hit a jumper or a three occasionally. The worst players PC has ever had could hit the occasional jumper. Now what he can do (make lay ups), he does very very well. Now how does that translate to the next level? not too good, I mean thats not too important, but if he has any plans to play beyond this year, he's in for a shocker. Because 6'3 post players are none existent at the college level. What I'm trying to say is his game needs to be more rounded.

Now for the final things. 1st concerning "you take what they give you" quote, yes PC gave them that all night long, and they were right to take that. But if you think down the round against better teams, such as Manasass and Temple among others, they won't have the luxury of relying on the lay up. That's what I was talking about. And as for all the guys you say that can make an outside shot. Sure these guys can make "outside" shots, but none of them are what I call "shooters", they don't have someone like Joe Amonette, Nathan Aaron, Joe Bailey, or Jacob Wright, who can knock down the big shot, time in and time out, and make those shots consistently. Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth, oh and by the way, their where more PC fans than CC fans their the other night. Pc fans can one side 75% full, the end bleachers full, and then their is always a large section of people who like to set on the visitor side next to the doors, so you may think you had more fans than you actually did.

Lets start with this. Has the well run dry in PC? yep. They have some bright spots. This team has played a combined eleven games together, I don't expect them to be able to beat anyone. I'm looking to next year. As far as Clay Co goes, I don't see anything in their reserves that makes me think they are gonna be dominant in 7a for years to come. I can say that about a team like JC though, because they have some nice younger players.

Now lets get to the 2nd thing. Can Garrett hit an occasional jump shot? sure, but anyone can hit a jumper or a three occasionally. The worst players PC has ever had could hit the occasional jumper. Now what he can do (make lay ups), he does very very well. Now how does that translate to the next level? not too good, I mean thats not too important, but if he has any plans to play beyond this year, he's in for a shocker. Because 6'3 post players are none existent at the college level. What I'm trying to say is his game needs to be more rounded.

Now for the final things. 1st concerning "you take what they give you" quote, yes PC gave them that all night long, and they were right to take that. But if you think down the round against better teams, such as Manasass and Temple among others, they won't have the luxury of relying on the lay up. That's what I was talking about. And as for all the guys you say that can make an outside shot. Sure these guys can make "outside" shots, but none of them are what I call "shooters", they don't have someone like Joe Amonette, Nathan Aaron, Joe Bailey, or Jacob Wright, who can knock down the big shot, time in and time out, and make those shots consistently. Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth, oh and by the way, their where more PC fans than CC fans their the other night. Pc fans can one side 75% full, the end bleachers full, and then their is always a large section of people who like to set on the visitor side next to the doors, so you may think you had more fans than you actually did.

I will agree with you on that 7aSuperfan, Shawn's game does need to be more rounded but that's why he has a coach. But to insult him like you have and say that all he brings to the team is layups? You are either ignorant or stupid. Go figure!!!!! Another thing Rob Edwards is a very good coach and knows what his players need to learn inorder to advance to the next level so please let him and Shawn worry about that.

No!! I think you have a deeper problem or issue where Shawn Garrett is concerned, (Since you are the same one who bad mouth him last year) But no need for you to worry your pretty little head about him ok. He will succeed so what you need to do is worry about yourself.

Anyway, how many of the players you named up there actually went on to the next level and played ball? And for the ones that did good for them. I take my hat off to any player that gives it their all.

By the way did you or do you play ball? Where you or are you a big three point hitter? and Are you playing now? Did you go to the next level? Do you coach? Since you claim to know so much about it. I just wondered.

And if you think those players I named only hit an occassional three well like I said you need to do your homework.

Oh!!! and another thing I was not the one who commented about the fans and could care less if your people support them or not I just know that Clay County supports their team very well.

Thank you and peace out!!!!!

GO Big Dogs!!!!!!!!

Superfan, word of warning when you tangle with Battlecatt you are pretty much messing with the "heart" of Bulldog basketball! This fan is arguably one of if not THE #1 Dawg Fan! Hey Catt, I know you don't need me to speak for you but just wanted to let you and your close friend know that I am sorry if I did anything inappropriate on any of the other threads in the past to offend anyone. That was not my intention at all. You know that my blood is black and gold as well and always will be just like yourself. Just thought apology might be needed.

Me and mine are in Orlando till the 30th. Good luck at Monticello, KY and Nera White for the Lady Dawgs. Cheer them on only like you can! See you when we get back! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I will agree with you on that 7aSuperfan, Shawn's game does need to be more rounded but that's why he has a coach. But to insult him like you have and say that all he brings to the team is layups? You are either ignorant or stupid. Go figure!!!!! Another thing Rob Edwards is a very good coach and knows what his players need to learn inorder to advance to the next level so please let him and Shawn worry about that.

Ok, one, I'm talking about the offensive end, he is very solid on the defensive end, no doubt about that, i'm in no way of either talking about his leadership. I am simply talking about his offensive skills.

No!! I think you have a deeper problem or issue where Shawn Garrett is concerned, (Since you are the same one who bad mouth him last year) But no need for you to worry your pretty little head about him ok. He will succeed so what you need to do is worry about yourself.

Anyway, how many of the players you named up there actually went on to the next level and played ball? And for the ones that did good for them. I take my hat off to any player that gives it their all.

Amonett Played at Wake Forrest with Tim Duncan, Aaron played at Freed Hardmen and is their all-time leading scorer, Joe Bailey is at UT Martin right now, and Jacob Wright had offers from small NAIA schools and was told by coach Sutton at Tech that he could try and walk on if he wanted, but he decided that he was ready to just focus on Tech, so 3 out of 4 went to college, 2 are/were at NCAA schools.

By the way did you or do you play ball? Where you or are you a big three point hitter? and Are you playing now? Did you go to the next level? Do you coach? Since you claim to know so much about it. I just wondered.

I played at a point in time. No I was a post player, I could knock down a three when I wanted to though. No I didn't go to the next level, to be honest my game was always and will always be baseball, and I coach that.

And if you think those players I named only hit an occassional three well like I said you need to do your homework.

Do they make those those 3 pt shots 50% of the time? 40%?

Oh!!! and another thing I was not the one who commented about the fans and could care less if your people support them or not I just know that Clay County supports their team very well.

I was commenting to a wide array of people who where writing to me

Thank you and peace out!!!!!

GO Big Dogs!!!!!!!!

Superfan, word of warning when you tangle with Battlecatt you are pretty much messing with the "heart" of Bulldog basketball! This fan is arguably one of if not THE #1 Dawg Fan! Hey Catt, I know you don't need me to speak for you but just wanted to let you and your close friend know that I am sorry if I did anything inappropriate on any of the other threads in the past to offend anyone. That was not my intention at all. You know that my blood is black and gold as well and always will be just like yourself. Just thought apology might be needed.

Me and mine are in Orlando till the 30th. Good luck at Monticello, KY and Nera White for the Lady Dawgs. Cheer them on only like you can! See you when we get back! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

No hard feelings, I'm not trying to offend anyone or say anything inappropriate either, but it seems like a lot of times people take my words that way. So apologies from me as well. I am critical at times, of my players and other players as well. When you get a bunch of passionate fans on this website, that happens. Battlecatt should know that she is probably messing with the #1 PC fan as well. I've missed probably 10 games since I turned 16. I defend my guys at all cost, but I will be critical of them too.

No hard feelings, I'm not trying to offend anyone or say anything inappropriate either, but it seems like a lot of times people take my words that way. So apologies from me as well. I am critical at times, of my players and other players as well. When you get a bunch of passionate fans on this website, that happens. Battlecatt should know that she is probably messing with the #1 PC fan as well. I've missed probably 10 games since I turned 16. I defend my guys at all cost, but I will be critical of them too.

As my friend above you stated I fell like I am one of the top Bulldog fans. I also take any derogatory comments about (Any) CCHS ball player serious. And I will be the first one, also critize them if I dont think they are giving their all.

So we can agree, that we are both die-hard fans let it go at that.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Was it as bad as the score indicates? It was worse. Am I ashamed to be a bobcat? Yeah. Is Clay Co. good? yeah. Is this team gonna win state? Not even close. Listen folks, all I've heard is how good Clay Co. is, how many players they have coming off the bench, how they will not only be good this year but next. Like a friend of mine said, Shawn Garrett can't hit a jump shot, or basically anything outside of 3 ft. And he is right, but PC didn't make him have to score any other way that on lay ups. Attention, Shawn Garrett is not the BEST player in 7a, Upchurch can Shoot circles around this kid. Garrett should not be the MVP after the season. The well hasn't run dry, this team and this year has been a rebuilding year all along, PC has some bright spots, with its juniors and its sophomores, but like many inexperienced players, they need time to mature, and thats what is happening now. This team isn't that good, because even against this awful PC squad, you all could only manage 49 points against them, and Garrett and Edwards and many other starters and regulars where still playing in the third quarter. Listen, Clay is the best team in probably the worst this district and region has been in a long time. Some team from chattanooga could easily come beat this team in substate. This team is no better than it was last year. No shooters really what-so-ever, this team relies on lay ups too much, if they make it to state and have to face Buckner and Manasass, that shot won't be there. And as for being ok for years to come? I sure didn't see it, I saw some good seniors, but not much else. So like I said in a previous post, Enjoy it now Clay Co, cause it's a long fall from the top.

The District MVP will come from Jackson Co. and his name is Jared Robinson just to clarify any misunderstandings. As for the game didn't see it but looks like Clay dominated. PC is down but PC always comes back and they will again. They played with alot of heart when i watched them in JC and that along with hard work will eventually make them better. I wouldn't count my chickens just yet Clay Co. Remember last year and the year before when PC and JC dominated and was "suppose" to go to the state tourney. ANYTHING can and usually does happen in the tournaments!

If battlecat was meaning by a previous post that shawn garrett would play college ball by asking if whoever played at the next level. Well Shawn Garrett is good in "high school" I would almost put my life on it that he will not play ball at the "next level". For 1 he isn't strong big or tall enough, and 2 he doesn't have the mental toughness to with stand what college coaches dish out. He could possibly play juco but I still see people twice his size there also with "tons" more talent. The road will end at the high school level thats why I don't understand why parents, teachers, and coaches think sports should be life in high school.