The Best of Metro

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Here is a better question. Is there any hope for the Nashville Metro Schools in sports?

Since moving back 3 years ago, I was shocked to see the lack of support in the Metro system for the scools and Sports teams.

I like what I see at East Lit (The old East High). The Coach's and parents really love their program. Who else in Metro is stepping it up?

Coming from a program in the late 70's that only lost 1 match in 3 years. It's been tough seeing what the wrestling world of Metro Nash has turned into. I hope it changes. I would love to see TSB come back and know Overtons coach loves his program.

Just my 2 cents. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Most youngster really don't care to much for wrestling like they once did. They are more interested in the sports thats get the attention i.e. football and basketball. Some of you better athletes are not even wrestling now llike they once.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachMick could you please elaborate on Tony Rowland's career. I know he is currently living in Nolensville and his son is a beast for ravenwood football, but could you give me a summary of his career?

Tony was a good (not great) wrestler at MTSU at 150lb class. He left MTSU after roughly 3yrs he went up to 167lbs and maybe higher and became very good. I remember he beat some Highly ranked wrestlers at the higher weights.