McCallie Invitational

MLK

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on JT ChattWrestling- although it was hard for us McCallie fans to watch him make it to the finals, it was obviously well deserved!! I hope that boy got a well cooked meal tonight!! See you guys soon!!

We like to say in this house" WERE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED", I'm proud of my LION and we are proud to be a part of the EBE, there are brighter days ahead for The McCallie School. To quote one of my all time wrestling idols.

What ever happened to I just freaken lost. I got one for ya " if, if and butts were candy and nuts we all would have a merry xmas. I thought Calloway wrestled great all weekend save for one match, he lost- 13 other kids lost in finals matches, they weren't fluke moves they were winning moves. This family goes all in, you win some, you lose some. If your man enough to accept the victories be man enough to accept the losses and move forward. I had a son today run through an opponent for a 6-0 lead in one minute first period, he got caught at the beginning of the second and didn't make it out of it. Crap Happens, I also had one son that never got caught this weekend and I'm darn happy. You go J.T. Money. Love Dad. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well said sir! Congrats to JT! He wrestled a great tournament this weekend.

Well said sir! Congrats to JT! He wrestled a great tournament this weekend.

With that being said, I think that the EBE/ officials (not sure who made the OW award pick) dropped the ball. I know that Brandon Westerman is a great wrestler, butttttttttttt when a kid practices for less than a week, is seeded 12th, pins his way into the finals, which besides " The Unbeatable" ( I think that is what wreslte90 called him) 2x State Champion TJ Duncan, he also beat a very good Taylor Whitt, should have been without a doubt THE OW.

Congrats JT, you can pick up The BCB III /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> OW award at your Local Hooters, during the Christmas break. And no JT it isn't little Susie on Brainerd Rd.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

What ever happened to I just freaken lost. I got one for ya " if, if and butts were candy and nuts we all would have a merry xmas. I thought Calloway wrestled great all weekend save for one match, he lost- 13 other kids lost in finals matches, they weren't fluke moves they were winning moves. This family goes all in, you win some, you lose some. If your man enough to accept the victories be man enough to accept the losses and move forward. I had a son today run through an opponent for a 6-0 lead in one minute first period, he got caught at the beginning of the second and didn't make it out of it. Crap Happens, I also had one son that never got caught this weekend and I'm darn happy. You go J.T. Money. Love Dad. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It was good seeing you this weekend and even better watching the boys have a very good weekend. I like that candy and nuts quote of yours, looks like there were many a good christmas spent in the Henry household. Now I know where that extra large frame of yours comes from. It was Candy and nuts all these years. Tell both the boys Im proud of them and ask Jt where that showmanship came from. He must have gotten that from coach E.

With that being said, I think that the EBE/ officials (not sure who made the OW award pick) dropped the ball. I know that Brandon Westerman is a great wrestler, butttttttttttt when a kid practices for less than a week, is seeded 12th, pins his way into the finals, which besides " The Unbeatable" ( I think that is what wreslte90 called him) 2x State Champion TJ Duncan, he also beat a very good Taylor Whitt, should have been without a doubt THE OW.

Congrats JT, you can pick up The BCB III /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> OW award at your Local Hooters, during the Christmas break. And no JT it isn't little Susie on Brainerd Rd.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I second that motion on the Ow award. I overheard a conversation about this topic afterwards and it was probably a very close vote. The consensus among those with votes was that the 130 lb class was loaded with 4-5 state champs. Westerman, Hayes, Hooker, Francis and I think another Ga state champ possibly.

It was good seeing you this weekend and even better watching the boys have a very good weekend. I like that candy and nuts quote of yours, looks like there were many a good christmas spent in the Henry household. Now I know where that extra large frame of yours comes from. It was Candy and nuts all these years. Tell both the boys Im proud of them and ask Jt where that showmanship came from. He must have gotten that from coach E.

Mike, as you know from Blaikes quarterfinal match, dad just can't sit still-the kids get the emotion from their dad. I hope your shoulder is o.k., i know i was putting alot of pressure on it- not including the neck wringing i gave you when i thought Blaike was gonna get that pin to make it to the semi's but alas it was not to be and we fight on but I'm so proud to call you a friend, this wrestling community are our friends, even my old classmate from Red Bank-Eddie Davis running up to me in the stands after Jonathans final match, its times like those that make it all worth it. I even enjoyed a couple of fresca's with Tracy Duncan after the semifinals and as much as I enjoyed that match and seeing J.T. win, I hurt some for a young man that I care about and respect as a competitor surpreme. Coach Emily always preached to the boys that win or lose they will know we were there. When people watch my kids wrestle they will always know that Coach E. is with them on the mat, as soon as we got to the van last night J.T. wanted to know if I had talked to Coach, as I've said before when my kids ask about Coach I know who they are talking about, I said I bet if you called him right now he would answer, true to form Coach answered. Coach Emily is grieving for the loss of his grandmother today but at somepoint today he will think about the young men that he so dearly loves and know that this weekend they truly fought like MIGHTY WARRIORS.

Brian Henry /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I also need to add - Got a call from Nashville last night from Mr. Wright from Father Ryan, Dylan's Dad. You guys are indeed a class act and some of the best people I've ever met.

'If's and But's and Candy and Nuts", and JT Money walking through The McCallie....yeah it's gonna be a Merry Christmas. Tell your boys the nails are on the way - KEEP PUTTING THE HAMMER ON EM'

U GOTTA LUV IT!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

'If's and But's and Candy and Nuts", and JT Money walking through The McCallie....yeah it's gonna be a Merry Christmas. Tell your boys the nails are on the way - KEEP PUTTING THE HAMMER ON EM'

U GOTTA LUV IT!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It was a good day, I missed my friend. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not to mention he teched his oppenent 17-0 IN THE FIRST PERIOD of his finals match.