Oak Hill at Bearden?

Turtle

And think.. In the NBA. Kids look up to these guys and then go to a game and hear them constantly cussing. Now those same kids are going to say. hey! My hero is cussing like a sailor while he plays.. So should I! Now it's on the parents to get the kid out of it because they have some sense and know you should be respectable. Cussing is just another word but it's very disrespecting.

What if you owned a business and a guy comes in for an interview and the first thing is says is.. "How the f*** are you, bi***!?" Think you are going to hire him because it's acceptable that he is only cussing instead of walking in and shooting you? No.. You won't even consider the guy.

First of all thats never going to happen as long as your arent completely dumb. And if u are then u shouldnt get the job. And a very select few amount of kids are ever gunna get to sit realy close to an NBA game. So what this MAY(prolly not to) count for like 2 possibly 3 percent of the kids. *clap*clap*.

Hahahaha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> thats an absolutely HORRIBLE/ABSURD analogy. As if anybody is going to do that in an interview, what you need to understand is that there is a VAST difference bewtween you being mad in a basketball game and going for an interview.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont give a crap what place you grow up in... how many struggles youve had... tell me where does it say you have to cuss because you llive in a bad enviroment??? does it make you tougher for the hood or somethin like that??? haha really??? its a decision that you personally make stop making escuses!!! this is ridiculous! It never ceases to amaze me how ppl will make escuses for ppl who live a hard life! listen man tell me whats the difference in someone cussing who lives in a good enviroment or someone who lives in a bad enviroment? (they grow up hearing it WHO CARES that doesnt mean they have to do it) you think that lets them off the hook and makes them specail makes cussing right and gives them a reason to do it at a ball game!? NO... lemme give you an analogy what ur sayin is cuz they grew up in a different envrioment that gives them the right to cuss but you see thats saying the same thing as well say boi from the hood shot somebody and got caught and guy from good enviroment shot somebody and got caught that the guy from the hood should not get sentenced cuz thats what hes seen his whole life... thats not how it works big dog they will both be sentenced to the same amount... same thing goes with basketball and showing respect on the court the dicipline should be the same no matter where you come from!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE ESCUSES!!

Well if you hate EXCUSES I hate bad spellers. Are you serious? You can't spell any better than that? You have to be the most ignorant person I have ever encountered. Any idiot(you are obviously the exception to this rule) knows that murder and profanity are not even close to being on the same level. Another reason that you are an idiot is that you misunderstood my point. My point was not that profanity is okay, but that their are far worse things. Murder is obviously worse. And another thing, people receive various sentences for crimes all the time. On occasion these sentences are different due to life circumstances. You are so ignorant that your point actually strengthens mine. How does it feel to be the dumbest person on the planet? Answer me once you figure out that I am talking to YOU. I hope that you are already in bed asleep because your first grade teacher is going to want you well rested for tomorrow's spelling lesson.

Well if you hate EXCUSES I hate bad spellers. Are you serious? You can't spell any better than that? You have to be the most ignorant person I have ever encountered. Any idiot(you are obviously the exception to this rule) knows that murder and profanity are not even close to being on the same level. Another reason that you are an idiot is that you misunderstood my point. My point was not that profanity is okay, but that their are far worse things. Murder is obviously worse. And another thing, people receive various sentences for crimes all the time. On occasion these sentences are different due to life circumstances. You are so ignorant that your point actually strengthens mine. How does it feel to be the dumbest person on the planet? Answer me once you figure out that I am talking to YOU. I hope that you are already in bed asleep because your first grade teacher is going to want you well rested for tomorrow's spelling lesson.

hahahaha im glad the best thing you could come back at me is spelling... who cares how bad i spell i made it to college on a scholarship for basketball... everyday shooting the rock playing ball so obviously i dont have to be that good of a speller haha. and murder and profanity are not the same thing GOOD JOB im glad you noticed... thats why i said it was an analogy and my point does not strengthen yours at all! if you would like to show me how it does please go right ahead prove me wrong??? hahahah good one with the first grade teacher thing gah im so hurt right now /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and yes big man ppl do because they have to take into consideration what kind of crimes and how bad the crimes were but no if two ppl have an identical murder it doesnt matter if u black white from the hood from the city u goin to jail the same amount of time. and the analogy i said is for basketball it doesnt matter what type of enviroment you grow up in the coach should punish them just the same for there language as should beardens for theres!

so come on wit it downtown247 lemme hear somethin about my spelling again... try a lil harder this time

hahahaha im glad the best thing you could come back at me is spelling... who cares how bad i spell i made it to college on a scholarship for basketball... everyday shooting the rock playing ball so obviously i dont have to be that good of a speller haha. and murder and profanity are not the same thing GOOD JOB im glad you noticed... thats why i said it was an analogy and my point does not strengthen yours at all! if you would like to show me how it does please go right ahead prove me wrong??? hahahah good one with the first grade teacher thing gah im so hurt right now /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and yes big man ppl do because they have to take into consideration what kind of crimes and how bad the crimes were but no if two ppl have an identical murder it doesnt matter if u black white from the hood from the city u goin to jail the same amount of time. and the analogy i said is for basketball it doesnt matter what type of enviroment you grow up in the coach should punish them just the same for there language as should beardens for theres!

so come on wit it downtown247 lemme hear somethin about my spelling again... try a lil harder this time

The spelling was just the most obvious thing that I could come up with. I pointed everything else out. Wow! A college education! You must be so proud. The point that I have maintained on this issue is that there are worse things than profanity during a basketball game. I am sure that you have probably said and heard your fair share. I have never made this a black-white issue. I have said an environmental issue. And yes environment matters a great deal. I see young people everyday that struggle because they live in a tough environment. These kids are abused both verbally and physically. Sometimes the stuff that comes out of their mouth is shocking. But that doesn't make them bad kids. The same can be said for some (not all) of the players from both of the teams that are being discussed on this message board.

To basketball2223 spell EXCUSES correctly. And to Camden and 2223. Stop whining cussing goes on ALL THE TIME in basketball whether they are rich or poor. Like I said these dudes are 16-18, cussing is just like another word. Stop acting like you are talking about 10 year olds(and there r kids who cuss before that) who shouldnt be talking like that. The one time I went to an NBA game, that was the most cussing I have ever heard in my life on a basketball court, even guys who look really classy were cussing, it just shows emotion. And the people at that NBA game didnt come away whining about how the cussing was to much for them.

If you found it offensive...LEAVE no one is asking you to listen. Really, stop whinig both teams cussed and there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh and I HIGHLY DOUBT any player expected for the whole crowd to hear him cuss if there where that many people at the game. Once again, if u dont like the cussing well then LEAVE.

This is what is wrong with our society today...people who want to violate the morality of our society with the attitude "if you don't like it leave" are wrong. If you want to disrespect everyone around you...you leave! Same is true in many of the once quiet, family friendly neighborhoods in Memphis where now thugs speed up and down the streets with their music blaring, drug dealers have moved into the vacant house down the street, prostitutes begin to walk the neighborhood, etc. Their attitude is if you don't like it leave. WHY DO MORAL, CHRISTIAN, DECENT CITIZENS ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE ONES TO LEAVE???

This is what is wrong with our society today...people who want to violate the morality of our society with the attitude "if you don't like it leave" are wrong. If you want to disrespect everyone around you...you leave! Same is true in many of the once quiet, family friendly neighborhoods in Memphis where now thugs speed up and down the streets with their music blaring, drug dealers have moved into the vacant house down the street, prostitutes begin to walk the neighborhood, etc. Their attitude is if you don't like it leave. WHY DO MORAL, CHRISTIAN, DECENT CITIZENS ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE ONES TO LEAVE???

This is AMAZING.

Everybody on this board A) cant interpret a sentence correctly or /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Have HORRIBLE analogies

How in the WORLD do u compare cussing at a basketball game, to having drug dealers,prostitutes,etc in your neighborhood.

I didnt say hey u dont like drug dealers in your neighborhood then leave.

I said if u dont like cussing at a basketball game(which you should be excpecting) then leave, you knew it was gunna happen and you paid money to go see it, no one forced you. What your saying is totally irrelevant to what im saying. So I get it everybody here think cussing and murdering are on the same level?

The spelling was just the most obvious thing that I could come up with. I pointed everything else out. Wow! A college education! You must be so proud. The point that I have maintained on this issue is that there are worse things than profanity during a basketball game. I am sure that you have probably said and heard your fair share. I have never made this a black-white issue. I have said an environmental issue. And yes environment matters a great deal. I see young people everyday that struggle because they live in a tough environment. These kids are abused both verbally and physically. Sometimes the stuff that comes out of their mouth is shocking. But that doesn't make them bad kids. The same can be said for some (not all) of the players from both of the teams that are being discussed on this message board.

Yes man i definately here my fair share because the older you get the worse it gets... I just think it could be kept to a low around the coaches and fans and stuff like that... i mean i know words are gonna fly on the court cuz ppl r gonna get heated and say some things... I just know if we came to the bench cussing and had an attiutude we would get chewed on. I just think it should be kept to a low around coaches and fans thats all i have to say i mean you never know what young ears you got listening there could be some kid looking up to you, and if they here you goin on like that what u think theyre gonna do?

Im not trying to get you mad man cuz i know where you coming from on a lot of what your sayin.