Oh No, it might could happen

AERoadrunners

Well, its hard not to talk about my new team(AE since 1997) but I must talk about my old team(Knoxville West 1992-1996) today. I went to see Knoxville West play Alcoa. Most of you know that I attended Knoxville West(1992-1996) but now I'm a proud supporter of AE Roadrunners but I was very impressed with the way West played last night. After the game most of their players were saying, "This is the year of West High School." I laughed but I thought to myself-it could happen. West hasn't had a good team since 1993 when they were one win away for playing for the State Title. But they are very healthy and was making some big plays last night. Coach Cummings has this team thinking they can beat anybody that steps on the field and from the looks of the game last night, it could happen. I see West making some noise but not winning the state like most of the players were saying after the game last night. There's excitement back on Sutherland Avenue at West High School! I feel that West High Rebel spirit coming back to me. Watch out for the real Rebels! Watch out for Tommy Winton-Boy, he was running all over Alcoa last night it took the whole team to bring him down.

Hey Maryville fans, when do you all play Knoxville West? I might have to come and view that game! There might be an upset in store. :x

GO WEST but as always GO AE!!!!

Guest caligula

The real Rebels don't have their hall of fame on the bathroom. I am glad however that Winton is healthy I and the rest of the region has been waiting for him to heal for 4 years. Upset... that is highly unlikely, beating Alcoa is not the same as beating Maryville. Alcoa will be lucky to go 5-5 this year they are really young.

Region 3-4A

1. Maryville

2. Central

3. Powell

4. Halls/West (Battle for 4th or 3rd)

Anyhow, congrats to the Knoxville version Rebels

West is pretty good IF Winton can stay healthy. And that's a big IF. Alcoa started 7 freshmen on offense and defense and frankly it shows. I think Rebelron and myself both thought West had a chance, since Alcoa lost so many kids, plus West should have beat Alcoa last year. We'll be ready for West, and we'll show you who the "REAL" Rebels are. Go RED Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 8-25-02 3:34P]

I just hope AE doesn't face a good team whenever West plays Maryville. I thought the same thing after I left the game about saying, "that's not Maryville or Central" but the team unity is there and I feel that "The Real Rebels" will surprise some people. I mean, if you go back some years, West did upset Maryville on Maryville's field so anything can happen.

When's the game? You all didn't answer my question.

Don't get me wrong, West will be a decent team, but don't read to much into the alcoa game! They are very young, and it will take a while for them to grow-up. They do have potential to beat teams with their speed but I think 5 and 5 if they grow-up quick! You will see the next two weeks how young alcoa is, they should be blown out by Maryville, and Sweetwater! Good luck to all. :rolleyes: