44th Lions Club Christmas Tournament

N2Choctaws

Have you seen everybody Dyer County has faced all year?? If not, you would be surprised at the guard play they have faced already... Ripley has great ball handlers! Henderson Co., KY has a good backcourt! and you are also saying that Union City doesn't have good ball handlers in their guards?? I wouldn't say that you might get a verbal beatdown by some Union City fans... lol

You'll understand more of what I'm saying here in a few hours

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the championship game was just played. Great game by both teams and should make both teams better in the future. Hc led most of the game but didn't come away with the win. Its a shame these two can't play again. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. Might be tough to get up after tonight, but these were definitley the best two teams at the tournament, no questions asked!

I think the championship game was just played. Great game by both teams and should make both teams better in the future. Hc led most of the game but didn't come away with the win. Its a shame these two can't play again. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. Might be tough to get up after tonight, but these were definitley the best two teams at the tournament, no questions asked!

I agree whole heartedly! That was the championship game and it felt like it. Henry County played well the entire game, but DC got hot in the final 1:30 or so to quickly catch up hitting three 3 pt shots! James Dumas fouling out on a bogus call hurt since he was our primary ball handler and I can't believe that DC's final basket to put them up two was not called a travel. I give them credit they hung in the game all game and they were down by as much as 11 or 12. They just kept chipping away. Hats off to two very good teams and I hope they both go far in their respective classes!

Not that it matters but could someone give me a report on the Fulton KY and USJ game. I know they loss but how bad and were they ever in the game. What was Russell's great game plan?

Not sure wasn't there but Word is same old same old. Russell changed the offense at half time and EJ Miller doubel digits first half had limited scoring in the 2nd half and and John Ross Glover did not score in 2nd half after scoring double digits in the first half. Same old ball coaching that it has been for years. USJ doesn't change despite all information to the contrary. Maybe things will be different when they play in DII.

Rex Pierce = CLUTCH

He hit two threes late and the game winning bucket that finally gave the Choctaws the lead back...Hudson hit a couple clutch shots in the fourth as well.....HC led by as many as 12 is what the radio guys were saying...I knew they had the athletes to hang with DC....DC's big game experience was the difference...

Great game by both schools !!!

What players have looked good after 2 days in Martin?

John Hudson #22, Freshman from Dyer Co. stepped up with #24 Rex Pierce and freshman guard #30 Fred Yarbrough to help in the comeback over Henry Co.... Hudson is a pure 3pt shooter and a great free-throw shooter! I don't know his totals, but I only seen him miss only one shot! Pierce, Yarbrough, #14 Crittendon, #10 Williamson,, & #50 Janes all had 4 fouls and still had an excellent last few minutes on the defensive end.... Cedric Janes had a nice one step dunk in the first half!