Trousdale County Basketball

JacketAlumni

During the Nera White Christmas Tournament, head coach Josh Ray gave an interview with radio host Jerry Richmond. During this interview, coach Ray stated that he didn't know which 5 players should be on the floor or who should get the ball when we needed a crucial basket. We are over ten games into the season and he is about the only one in the building who doesn't know who should be on the floor at one time, it is very simple, Holland, Cornwell, Gregory, Brown, and Ford should get the bulk of the playing time with Wood and Dillon coming off the bench. If he can't see that Holland should be the one getting the ball when a basket is needed than he should leave the building. Holland can take the ball from one end to the other, through the press and finish, yet the head coach can't see this? We are continually beat on the offensive boards while our best leaper and one of our two tallest players is playing guard and not post? One player keeps getting playing time, yet is subject to losing the ball at any time? And then gets yelled at, every night (except for the Jackson County game). Players are getting swapped in and out too often. A very good talent , freshman Ford, is not seeing the time he should, one mistake and out he comes. The kids are scared to play, if they make a mistake they get benched, no continuation to gel as a team. This is not just my opinion, there are plenty of fans and parents that feel the same way ( that is what they say when we talk). We have too much talent on this team for the record we have at this point. Coach Ray please pick 5, put them on the floor, tell them what is expected, and let them play without fear of being taken out of the game for 1 turnover if they are playing hard. These boys practice hard for you, please evaluate the season to this point, and make some changes if you can. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can lead us to more consistent play.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one question for a genius like you or should I say a know it all like you.... How many years of coaching experience do you and your little so called friends that "talk" have?... To the best of my knowledge, which by the way I do not claim to have a lot of for the sport, but I am pretty sure that swapping the boys in and out is called keeping them fresh. But from what I gather from you is that you want one or two boys to be the show. I think Coach Ray is a very talented and respected Coach, but it is people like you who trash talk and make the boys upset with all the LOUD mouth talk or should I say screaming, from the stands. And no, Coach Ray is not Mike Potts nor should he try to be. Potts was and still is a wonderful coach and a great person but Coach Ray is his own person with his own coaching abilities and does a teriffic job if people like you would stay out of it. And I am sure Mike Potts would agree and disagree with some things Coach Ray does.... but guess what? In the end it really does not matter what you or your friends think because he is the coach and he will continue to be the coach, unless that is if you want to step up and show your all mighty skills... unless trash talking people is the only skill you have... We should all be teaching our kids to respect their coaches instead of running them down, and by the way,I really can't remember ever seeing a boy come off the court shaking in their shoes with fear. We need to support our coaches who dedicates a huge amount of their time with our kids. So before you bad mouth again just stop and think, he is giving up a lot for these kids and never says one word because he loves the game and the kids, only to have people like you run him down..... So as a new years resolution, try to be positive and say good things or nothing at all. I mean really, this is a small town where everybody knows EVERYBODY, so try to consider that people do have feelings and a heart regardless to what you think. I am sure Coach Ray will not lose one minutes sleep over the things you say but always remember one thing, things always comes back home to ya.

I have one question for a genius like you or should I say a know it all like you.... How many years of coaching experience do you and your little so called friends that "talk" have?... To the best of my knowledge, which by the way I do not claim to have a lot of for the sport, but I am pretty sure that swapping the boys in and out is called keeping them fresh. But from what I gather from you is that you want one or two boys to be the show. I think Coach Ray is a very talented and respected Coach, but it is people like you who trash talk and make the boys upset with all the LOUD mouth talk or should I say screaming, from the stands. And no, Coach Ray is not Mike Potts nor should he try to be. Potts was and still is a wonderful coach and a great person but Coach Ray is his own person with his own coaching abilities and does a teriffic job if people like you would stay out of it. And I am sure Mike Potts would agree and disagree with some things Coach Ray does.... but guess what? In the end it really does not matter what you or your friends think because he is the coach and he will continue to be the coach, unless that is if you want to step up and show your all mighty skills... unless trash talking people is the only skill you have... We should all be teaching our kids to respect their coaches instead of running them down, and by the way,I really can't remember ever seeing a boy come off the court shaking in their shoes with fear. We need to support our coaches who dedicates a huge amount of their time with our kids. So before you bad mouth again just stop and think, he is giving up a lot for these kids and never says one word because he loves the game and the kids, only to have people like you run him down..... So as a new years resolution, try to be positive and say good things or nothing at all. I mean really, this is a small town where everybody knows EVERYBODY, so try to consider that people do have feelings and a heart regardless to what you think. I am sure Coach Ray will not lose one minutes sleep over the things you say but always remember one thing, things always comes back home to ya.

Amen brother great post

During the Nera White Christmas Tournament, head coach Josh Ray gave an interview with radio host Jerry Richmond. During this interview, coach Ray stated that he didn't know which 5 players should be on the floor or who should get the ball when we needed a crucial basket. We are over ten games into the season and he is about the only one in the building who doesn't know who should be on the floor at one time, it is very simple, Holland, Cornwell, Gregory, Brown, and Ford should get the bulk of the playing time with Wood and Dillon coming off the bench. If he can't see that Holland should be the one getting the ball when a basket is needed than he should leave the building. Holland can take the ball from one end to the other, through the press and finish, yet the head coach can't see this? We are continually beat on the offensive boards while our best leaper and one of our two tallest players is playing guard and not post? One player keeps getting playing time, yet is subject to losing the ball at any time? And then gets yelled at, every night (except for the Jackson County game). Players are getting swapped in and out too often. A very good talent , freshman Ford, is not seeing the time he should, one mistake and out he comes. The kids are scared to play, if they make a mistake they get benched, no continuation to gel as a team. This is not just my opinion, there are plenty of fans and parents that feel the same way ( that is what they say when we talk). We have too much talent on this team for the record we have at this point. Coach Ray please pick 5, put them on the floor, tell them what is expected, and let them play without fear of being taken out of the game for 1 turnover if they are playing hard. These boys practice hard for you, please evaluate the season to this point, and make some changes if you can. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can lead us to more consistent play.

You are such a loser. Do you know how much people like you are made fun of? You think you know it all and have all the answers. I bet you probably played a little - maybe in middle school. I bet you have coached some too - maybe some AAU or rec. league. Get a life and quit putting in writing what an idiot you really are.

You are such a loser. Do you know how much people like you are made fun of? You think you know it all and have all the answers. I bet you probably played a little - maybe in middle school. I bet you have coached some too - maybe some AAU or rec. league. Get a life and quit putting in writing what an idiot you really are.

Maybe so, but the facts remain the same.

Well the fact is that you sit in the stands and pay your 5 dollars and can get to yell and scream at the coach and officials and no one really says anything to you because thats your right! But the other fact is that you look like a fool and all you no how to do is eat pop corn and have to play through a relative because you could never succeeded on a high school level! Just like sittin in the stands sayin how awful the referees are really makes you an expert in both areas! You are the reason young coaches and officials get out of their job! And the fact is that more and more people are getting out and retiring! There is a shortage of Coaches and Officials! But you just sit back enjoy your peanuts and Diet Coke!

If getting on this website is your way of actually venting because of issues you have a home then feel free to express yourself! But for you to think for one minute that you have any pull on getting a new coach then you better by another bag of M&Ms!

Coach Ray don't let this fool bother you! They all think they have a say in how things are run and if they don't like it then they now how to transfer their kid to another school! It's pretty simple really! This is just a silly website (no offense COACHT) that gives parents- or relatives- a venting tool cause poor nephew doesn't get enough playing time or how could he cut my son cause he's a superstar!

You have a lot or raw talent as a coach and you just have to get through the trenches like everybody and endure this! This too shall pass!

If it were me I'd just cut the kid! And sign the dad to play! You can recruit up there in TC can't you?

Maybe so, but the facts remain the same.

you're confusing fact with opinion. everyone is entitled to their opinion but that doesn't make it a fact. just because you sit with a few people that agree with what you say doesn't make anything you say factual, it only means you have a shared opinion. anybody can offer an opinion on how to coach but then again anyone can offer an opinion. there's alot more to coaching than sitting in stands with a group habitual whiners. you have now brought your opinion to a place where true sports fans share their opinions and dissect each others. you are now finding out that a majority of fans, in fact, disagree with you.

here's my opinion; you seem to me like a "fan" that sits in the stands hoping that the team you're "rooting" for doesn't do so well so that you can blame it on the coach and some how show everyone how right you think your opinions are. you give the impression that you care more about being right than you care about the kids. you say you hope things get better but you spew poison that does more to hurt our jackets than to help them.

now, here is the 1st factual thing that has been posted on this thread so far;

"there is a reason coach ray leads these kids and there's a reason you don't."

a smart guy like you will figure that out if you can see past your self-inflated opinions of your own personal thoughts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If your going to post get your facts straight. As far as the radio interview Coach Josh Ray never made the comments that you QUOTED. To my understanding the coach always knows who will start and who his subs are. Maybe your just mad because your son never started or because he wasn't good enough to play. Caleb Holland is a great basketball player and has alot of potential to go futher than High School Basketball. Caleb and Ryan aren't tall enough to play college basketball as a post, they are generally atleast taller than 6'4". Perhaps your knowledge regarding this sport is not as broad as you THINK!!!!

You sit in the top roll with your clan, bad mouthing officials, coaches, and players. This is not the way we want Trousdale County portrayed, lets be supportive of these people. "Especially our Coach Josh Ray".