Friendship Christian @ Gordonsville

Stark1

I was at the game on somewhat of an assignment to scout for an upcoming game. I thought the officials did a nice job. It wasn't like it was the best played game by either team. It was actually a pretty sloppy game. I knew all of the officials and none of them were new. I believe one of the male officials worked the State Tourny last year. The lady official works women's college basketball. I have an older daughter that plays at Roane State and have seen and talked to the lady official before while officiating my daughter's game. The walk against the Macon Co. girl at the end when she was trying to call a timeout was a great call. The girl took a whole step before she even signaled for a timeout. I noticed Butch from Macon Co. didn't say a word about the call. He obviously seen it too!

I'm not saying the officials were 100% but neither team was either! It was a hard fought game by both teams. I thought both teams, especially Friendship missed a lot of open layups and free-throws.. You can't expect to win a game while missing the easy shots.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game on somewhat of an assignment to scout for an upcoming game. I thought the officials did a nice job. It wasn't like it was the best played game by either team. It was actually a pretty sloppy game. I knew all of the officials and none of them were new. I believe one of the male officials worked the State Tourny last year. The lady official works women's college basketball. I have an older daughter that plays at Roane State and have seen and talked to the lady official before while officiating my daughter's game. The walk against the Macon Co. girl at the end when she was trying to call a timeout was a great call. The girl took a whole step before she even signaled for a timeout. I noticed Butch from Macon Co. didn't say a word about the call. He obviously seen it too!

I'm not saying the officials were 100% but neither team was either! It was a hard fought game by both teams. I thought both teams, especially Friendship missed a lot of open layups and free-throws.. You can't expect to win a game while missing the easy shots.

Well obviously u were at the Macon Co game since thats who you keep referring to instead of Gordonsville-Friendship?????

I wasn't talking about either of the men- they have both been around a while and usually do an ok job. As far as the lady referee- college lady hoops is different game than high school I am sure you will agree. I have seen her about 3 times this year MEANING she must be new to our area. With all that said the call about time out may have been right in front of you-if so you were near me. However it was very far away from gville bench and Butch couldn't see what happened anyway.

I agree it was a sloppy game and I have very little complaints about the refereeing last night-it's just in general

that they are not what they used to be but neither is anything else so There You Go!!!!

you're right we missed too many easy shot to expect to win. I think the officiating was mediocre to say the least. They missed alot of holding underneath the basket in the girls game and then actually called it in the boys game. They also let one girl ,who had the ball sitting in the paint , jump up and dribble down the floor. The other thing that makes me crazy is the charge calls. they need to get together and stop the floppers. If a kid is strong enough to mow another down that's a foul but to fall over when you're tapped is ridiculous and hazzardous to the shooter. Hopefully we'll be ready for them next time there's still alot of ball left to play.

you're right we missed too many easy shot to expect to win. I think the officiating was mediocre to say the least. They missed alot of holding underneath the basket in the girls game and then actually called it in the boys game. They also let one girl ,who had the ball sitting in the paint , jump up and dribble down the floor. The other thing that makes me crazy is the charge calls. they need to get together and stop the floppers. If a kid is strong enough to mow another down that's a foul but to fall over when you're tapped is ridiculous and hazzardous to the shooter. Hopefully we'll be ready for them next time there's still alot of ball left to play.

Iagree aaumom there is still a lot of basketball to be played we can still win the district if we take care of business. Plus Gville has not played westmoreland yet .And believe it or not i will have to hope westmoreland wins those games to give us a little help but its still early but i cant help but think of districts.