Ryan Results

rebelfan13

Now, I don't have a dog in this fight, but to me it seems like you see this one-sided. And totally one-sided. FR fans do not just root for their own. From what I saw, the FR fans were screaming for stalling the entire last period. (maybe longer). Sorry, but that is not rooting for your own wrestler. No way you put it. You can say what you want, but you are defending your own team, and not seeing it from both sides.

As for wrestling on the edge, sorry but this is within the rules and until the change the rules, he can do it. I have watched my son lose on more than on occasion to a wrestler that I didn't think could beat him. My response to my son was "learn to beat him at his own game". Which is what Marchetti will have to do. No double Marchetti is a fine wrestler, and probably in my opinion wins more matches out of 10 than Cash does. But the fact still is the same, that's an opinion and yesterday Cash won. Bottom line. Can't take that away from him.

Good post, 2blLeg, but actually IMHO I would say that Cash and Marchetti would win the same amount....otherwise, you would be implying that one has a more effective style than another, and the records would not support that... "In Hoc.." keep the blogs coming, you can't buy this kind of theater...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan runs a great tournament. Their fans love their team and they are vocal. So what ? If every school in the state had a base like this wrestling would be a big revenue sport instead of struggling like most of the state does. As you stated the matches are randomly assigned to mats with the exception of the finals round. Because Father Ryan usually has a decent team they often have quite a few in the finals so it may appear " all " their wrestlers are in front of the home crowd section of bleachers, for " all " their matches but it is simply not true. Bradley runs another fine tournament and they too have a section for their fans during the finals, nothing unique about the Ryan set up at all. I for one am glad the home fans turn out and help make the finals an event.

Good quote Tex, just to set the record straight there was a minor slap on the shoulder and a few cross words made by a "woman fan" that appeared to me to be a Simpson... .

When the incident happened Cash Mother was giving him a very intense scolding and the other "Woman Fan" stepped in and made her point.

I hope this is not the opening of the door for more of this activity at our wrestling events. This is a sport of respect and discipline we should instill this from parents to wrestlers

Matmax, unless you were in both wrestling headquarters and in fact privy to some of the conversations that may have taken place last year, you just don't have the facts about who "blinked " on the weight classes you are referring to. It might be convenient for you to believe that one dodged another, and claim it as a fact, but you might be exactly wrong. MWR, I would suppose that Cash and Simpson will do what they want and what is best for their teams and wrestlers, and probably not listen to biased folk's opinions of who is doing who....

gonavy2.....

You are correct in that Cash and Simpson will both do what they want and what is best for their teams and wrestlers. However, what one's perception of "right" is may differ from another. It's wrestling season.. let the boys wrestle. Don't dodge and don't play games. To be "The Man" you must be "The Man" and act like a man all the time.... It's not a one shot deal...

Let's tune in on the 20th and see what happens.

Alrite if the home crowd works to set up the gym for the event and organizes the entire tournament and hospitality room, I think that they have the right to sit where ever in the gym that they want. Cash is a good wrestler, but he does not show nearly the amount of class that he should. How can you say that Father Ryan fans are jerks for booing him?? What makes them jerks? They are at a darn sporting event!! Are you going to say that all Titans fans are jerks because they boo the other team? NO!! What do you expect??

Alrite if the home crowd works to set up the gym for the event and organizes the entire tournament and hospitality room, I think that they have the right to sit where ever in the gym that they want. Cash is a good wrestler, but he does not show nearly the amount of class that he should. How can you say that Father Ryan fans are jerks for booing him?? What makes them jerks? They are at a darn sporting event!! Are you going to say that all Titans fans are jerks because they boo the other team? NO!! What do you expect??

Do you forget that this is high school, and not pro?

gonavy2.....

You are correct in that Cash and Simpson will both do what they want and what is best for their teams and wrestlers. However, what one's perception of "right" is may differ from another. It's wrestling season.. let the boys wrestle. Don't dodge and don't play games. To be "The Man" you must be "The Man" and act like a man all the time.... It's not a one shot deal...

Let's tune in on the 20th and see what happens.

I am with you, Matmax, if you follow my point, the inference is that Cash dodged last year, and a little birdie who might have been "in the room" told me that may not have been the case....notice that since I was not in the room, I would not speak for anyone or present this thread as fact...beating a dead horse, they eitherwillwrestle or they won't and they have not consulted me....alos, be careful what you wish for.....

Hahahaha.....your right ironman FR fans are complete jerks for rooting for their team that they payed the price of admission to see.

Ironman clearly is grinding an ax here, perhaps because he or his son got embarrased by a ryan wrestler

2lbLeg wrestling the edge of the mat is not wrestling but is a more clever way to disguise stalling and of an attempt to keep the score low while minimizing the wrestler's(in this case Cash's) chances of being scored on because it increases his chances of being able to bail out of bounds. Cash has always wrestled like this so I am not really surprised, he did it last year against Ryan Konz and Duke Deloache, and did it against Patrick Marchetti yesterday.

I'm really sorry I missed this one. This sounds comical. I love nothing better than 2 private schools ready to beat the tar out of each other. I can't really comment on the incident that happened because I wasn't there. I have met Justin Cash and to me he was a very polite and nice kid. That could have been a front, I don't know. But what I do know is that if you put a tense situation in front of a kid in a bad environment, the chances are that something bad will come out of it even if he wins. With the woman supposively smacking Cash, she should have gone to jail if that is true. In my gym, she would have.

'In Hoc Signo Vinces', we had a disagreement a while back about an unlimited weight class issue, (just so you will remember who I am) and I think we decided to agree to disagree. Once again I'm going to give my opinion. Take it for what it is worth. Father Ryan parents don't just root for their kids, they are off the spectrum. They act like complete morans when the match doesn't go their way. Now, you can say I have an ax to grind but I've been there. I lost to Jimmy Jordan 13-11 in 87 and they were as nice as they could be, saying "hey great match." I also lateral dropped and pinned their crowned prince in 88 (John Michael Garrett) AT Father Ryan and that gym was like a prison yard during a riot. Not all of the Father Ryan people are like that, the Garrett's, Edwards, Jordans and a few others I have forgotten were fantastic people but I think they have more bad apples than good. People do respect Father Ryan for their wrestling but they root against them because of their "holier than thou, arrogant down right I'm better than you crappy attitudes) One more thing, it"s not wise to bring up the wrestling on the edge of the mat comment. Pat Simpson perfected that move and made it an art form before I wrestled in the 80's. Your definition of why it's done is correct, if you don't believe me just ask the master, Pat. I remember other wrestlers having to drag Father Ryan wrestlers back onto the mat just to be able to score. 95% of Father Ryan wrestlers I have met have been nice polite kids (as Marchetti probably is) and I really enjoyed talking to them, but 95% of Father Ryan parents I have met I would perfer to never see ever again. Maybe the parents could watch their kids a little more off the mat and learn a few things, first and foremost class.

As you stated the matches are randomly assigned to mats with the exception of the finals round.

Because Father Ryan usually has a decent team they often have quite a few in the finals so it may appear " all " their wrestlers are in front of the home crowd section of bleachers, for " all " their matches but it is simply not true.

Bradley runs another fine tournament and they too have a section for their fans during the finals, nothing unique

It's not the finals that most of us are talking about. Ryan dosn't usually have a decent team. They have great teams!

If the FR grapplers are put on random mats then some how that random all ways seams to be in front of their section. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Last year we started keeping count and it seamed that 90% of the matches for the FR grapplers were on one mat.

I don't know if that is a fact but form 3 or 4 dads trying to keep up with it it seamed that way. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't remember Bradley's roped off area being a big issue.

However like you, I'm glad to see that many wrestling fans any where.

At the McCallie, FR fans can boo, call stalling, complain about "edge wrestling", insult opposing wrestlers and attempt to intimidate and criticize officials as easily as any fan from any other team.

I guess I need to hang out at McCallie. I been kicked out of a few gyms for the above actions. LOL /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />