Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

Just wanted to take a moment to recognize how hard this LA team is working. You have to love watching this team play. It doesn't matter who is on the floor, your sure to get 100% from every player. They get along very great and they all love to get their teammates involved.

They seem to have a lot of momentum as they are on a 8-game winning streak. They recently won the Alec Kessler Classic Tournament in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Then last night they beat a strong John Jenkins led Station Camp team. Their remaining schedule looks to be favorable, but they still have to play an aggressive Upperman team. Twice.

At this point in the season LA is (16-1).

Their only loss was by 2 points to a very strong Ensworth team who is (12-2).

LA is averaging 72 points a game and are out scoring their opponents 1226-902

Remaining Schedule

Fri Jan. 9 Jackson Co.

Tue Jan. 13 at Pickett Co.

Fri Jan. 16 Smith Co. D

Tue Jan. 20 at #18 Upperman D *

Fri Jan. 23 at Macon Co. D

Tue Jan. 27 York Institute D

Fri Jan. 30 at DeKalb Co. D

Tue Feb. 3 at Jackson Co.

Fri Feb. 6 at Smith Co. D

Tue Feb. 10 Cannon Co. D

Fri Feb. 13 #18 Upperman D *

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to take a moment to recognize how hard this LA team is working. You have to love watching this team play. It doesn't matter who is on the floor, your sure to get 100% from every player. They get along very great and they all love to get their teammates involved.

They seem to have a lot of momentum as they are on a 8-game winning streak. They recently won the Alec Kessler Classic Tournament in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Then last night they beat a strong John Jenkins led Station Camp team. Their remaining schedule looks to be favorable, but they still have to play an aggressive Upperman team. Twice.

At this point in the season LA is (16-1).

Their only loss was by 2 points to a very strong Ensworth team who is (12-2).

LA is averaging 72 points a game and are out scoring their opponents 1226-902

Remaining Schedule

Fri Jan. 9 Jackson Co.

Tue Jan. 13 at Pickett Co.

Fri Jan. 16 Smith Co. D

Tue Jan. 20 at #18 Upperman D *

Fri Jan. 23 at Macon Co. D

Tue Jan. 27 York Institute D

Fri Jan. 30 at DeKalb Co. D

Tue Feb. 3 at Jackson Co.

Fri Feb. 6 at Smith Co. D

Tue Feb. 10 Cannon Co. D

Fri Feb. 13 #18 Upperman D *

A focused LA team could go into post season at 27-1. wow

What was LA's record going into state last year? And how did they finish?

They were 30-4 going into the state tournament last year.

They were beat badly by Fulton (92-55)

*You made your point. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Even more of a reason for LA so stay focused this time around.

What was LA's record going into state last year? And how did they finish?

I detect sarcasm. Maybe not. This was a positive thread. Anyway. LA hasn't met their goals yet. People were just stating possiblities. They had a great season last year and want better this year. Keyword, BETTER. Records mean nothing and I promise you LA's coach and players know enough to ignore records and polls. OCF is right. That would be a great season and if these kids remain as hungry as I think they will, it could be scary for opponents. LA hasn't peaked. Not even close. I predict they do at the right time. Could be a historic season for LA.

OCF has answered your questions and detected the same thing I did from HHS.

Thank you to HHS fan for giving LA even more motivation. One more thing. What was your team's record going into the state tournament last year? And how did they finish?

Isn't it amazing how HHS fan seeks out opportunities to insult, I mean motivate, LA?

I detect sarcasm. Maybe not. This was a positive thread. Anyway. LA hasn't met their goals yet. People were just stating possiblities. They had a great season last year and want better this year. Keyword, BETTER. Records mean nothing and I promise you LA's coach and players know enough to ignore records and polls. OCF is right. That would be a great season and if these kids remain as hungry as I think they will, it could be scary for opponents. LA hasn't peaked. Not even close. I predict they do at the right time. Could be a historic season for LA.

OCF has answered your questions and detected the same thing I did from HHS.

Thank you to HHS fan for giving LA even more motivation. One more thing. What was your team's record going into the state tournament last year? And how did they finish?

Isn't it amazing how HHS fan seeks out opportunities to insult, I mean motivate, LA?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Take it how you want, I asked a question. I did not know if they made it to the final 4 or not. I did not know if there record was anywhere near as good as it was this year. Sorry for bringing up the bitter past. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can I borrow your sarcasm detector??? haha

How did that detector come in on that question?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Take it how you want, I asked a question. I did not know if they made it to the final 4 or not. I did not know if there record was anywhere near as good as it was this year. Sorry for bringing up the bitter past. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can I borrow your sarcasm detector??? haha

How did that detector come in on that question?

Sarcasm detector. Ooh. Got me on that one. OCF noticed it too & noted point made. The record was nearly as good. But coacht members such as yourself can find that with a couple mouse clicks. Right. Kinda the same way you got to this thread to do your usual.

We both answered your questions. Bitter.....yes. But we swallowed our pride and answered.

Now answer mine and we'll all three have a rolling laugh.

You can take that how you want. I asked two questions.

Sarcasm detector. Ooh. Got me on that one. OCF noticed it too & noted point made. The record was nearly as good. But coacht members such as yourself can find that with a couple mouse clicks. Right. Kinda the same way you got to this thread to do your usual.

We both answered your questions. Bitter.....yes. But we swallowed our pride and answered.

Now answer mine and we'll all three have a rolling laugh.

You can take that how you want. I asked two questions.

I dont know your question's answer. Sorry. But hey, with a couple of mouse clicks you can find out yourself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tell me when you find out. Thanks.

A serious contender for a state championship!

Not too bad for a young coach, who's only in his forth ( I believe that's correct) season coaching high school ball. It's pleasant to see a coach whose players will "leave it all on the court" for him. The RESPECT these players, and most knowledgeable fans,have for their coach has been well earned.

Not too bad for a young coach, who's only in his forth ( I believe that's correct) season coaching high school ball. It's pleasant to see a coach whose players will "leave it all on the court" for him. The RESPECT these players, and most knowledgeable fans,have for their coach has been well earned. This is a coach that a few foolish schoolboard members tried to fire , just last year. Ain't jealousy and small town politics refreshing? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old news. This team is not looking back and neither should LA fans. You live. You learn. You move on.

Someone mention on the other thread that Chase Dunn only needed 85 points to go until he breaks the LA scoring record. Considering this kid's size and the tough competition that he has played against in his 4 years at LA, this is an amazing accomplishment. I have really enjoyed watching him play over the years. I know he is going to help this LA team finish this season with a bang! Glad he will only be a few minutes down the road next year.

Isn't the record that he is going to break currently held by Coach Melton?

Old news. This team is not looking back and neither should LA fans. You live. You learn. You move on.

Someone mention on the other thread that Chase Dunn only needed 85 points to go until he breaks the LA scoring record. Considering this kid's size and the tough competition that he has played against in his 4 years at LA, this is an amazing accomplishment. I have really enjoyed watching him play over the years. I know he is going to help this LA team finish this season with a bang! Glad he will only be a few minutes down the road next year.

Isn't the record that he is going to break currently held by Coach Melton?

Yes the old record is held by Coach Melton. Im not sure what it is tho it was 2100 something I belive. its on the 1000 pt banner as you come into the gym on the home side. Ill check it the next home game and post it on here inless some one else knows it already