Hillsboro Next Football Season

I'm pretty sure Hillsboro will run their offense that Coach Blade ran.

Why? The spread is the easiest offense to defend. Why not run something different that teams do not see each week and make them spend time preparing for it. Don't say because the team already runs the spread,because when Blade came they made the change to spread from the wing with little or no problem. Being that Moreno is a good defensive coach I would think he would run what causes him the most problems.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? The spread is the easiest offense to defend. Why not run something different that teams do not see each week and make them spend time preparing for it. Don't say because the team already runs the spread,because when Blade came they made the change to spread from the wing with little or no problem. Being that Moreno is a good defensive coach I would think he would run what causes him the most problems.

Blade ran the spread because that was the type of offense and plays he hated and gave him trouble as a defensive guy, so I think that spread's probably not the easiest offense to defend.

Moreno is going to have the Burros ready with whatever offense he plans to implement, but I heard he likes what Blade did with the O and plans to keep it that way for the most part.

Blade ran the spread because that was the type of offense and plays he hated and gave him trouble as a defensive guy, so I think that spread's probably not the easiest offense to defend.

Moreno is going to have the Burros ready with whatever offense he plans to implement, but I heard he likes what Blade did with the O and plans to keep it that way for the most part.

If the spread is not the easiest what offense is easier to defend. I am not talking about any offense that is not balanced, just would like to hear your opinion.

If the spread is not the easiest what offense is easier to defend. I am not talking about any offense that is not balanced, just would like to hear your opinion.

I'll say this about Blade's version of the spread offense: It was pretty straightforward in what they want to try and do, but as far as easy to defend, that is pretty ridiculous. When they had everyone healthy, HHS was one of the top offenses in the state. Their running/passing game was as statistically balanced as anyone.

The spread offense as a basic system is designed to take advantage of one-on-one match-ups in space. In fact, I don't know of any other offensive scheme at this time that is harder to stop, without having better individual players at every position. FYI, Blade's version of the spread is EXTREMELY versatile in the ways in which they can attack.

I'd actually be interested to hear how you would plan to so easily stop a variation of the spread offense.

I think the easiest offense to defend is probably the I-Form. Most of the time it's gunna be given to the backfield and if it's not, it has a chance to go to the tight end.

Really though, all schemes just depend on your personnel. Like BurroBall kind of said, when the Burros had all their players ready to go, they were extremely balanced and hard to contain/stop. But if we had wideouts who ran 5.2's and lineman who couldn't get out of their stance, the spread wouldn't have worked at all.

Really though, all schemes just depend on your personnel. Like BurroBall kind of said, when the Burros had all their players ready to go, they were extremely balanced and hard to contain/stop. But if we had wideouts who ran 5.2's and lineman who couldn't get out of their stance, the spread wouldn't have worked at all.

Good post! I am very interested to see what kind of offensive scheme the Burros will employ this coming year.

It sounds like Blade and The new coach has different teaching styles

I kind of disagree. The papers have made it seem like Blade focused more on emotion and really didn't game plan and Moreno is the opposite of that. I agree with the fact that they are completely different on the emotion part, but Blade was a great strategist and had his guys prepared week in and week out.

I'm looking forward to Moreno getting Spring Ball started. It should be Friday, right? Hopefully he'll get the players pads and jerseys early this week and have them out on the field running drills and learning the playbook. Oh, and you can't forget getting a staff in place.

How likely is it that they scrimmage another team? I know they were suppose to scrimmage Wilson Central, but then Blade left so....?

Does HHS still have a football program? We know a new coach has been hired, but no information on if there will be spring practice, summer conditioning, nothing. When and who will inform parents and players whats going on and when? This administration stinks. Its time for a change Dr. Register.

Announcements have been made yesterday and today at the school to report to locker room today at 2:20 to get equipment and max out with weights. Spring calendar will more than likely be given to the kids and sport physicals information probably will be given out as well.

My response is that I would like some information. If you don't have any then go back to what you were doing. If you are annoyed, get over it.

Announcements have been made yesterday and today at the school to report to locker room today at 2:20 to get equipment and max out with weights. Spring calendar will more than likely be given to the kids and sport physicals information probably will be given out as well.

Thank you 12NCS..going to stick around?