Hillsboro Next Football Season

I don't disagree that many principals are not qualified to make athletic decisions. However, I have no confidence in Scott Brunette to make that decision either.

They had two assistant coaches in addition Fite that didn't teach full-time anywhere in MNPS if that is what you mean.

Then it might not end up good for Hillsboro.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it might not end up good for Hillsboro.

My understanding is that then Principal Lawson was the one who wanted Blade and Brunette disagreed with his opinion. I don't know who Brunette wanted instead, but I think Manuel should follow Lawson's example and strive to do only what is in HHS's best interest. It really seems to peturb MNPS that HHS hasn't been known to do "edumacation" exactly the way they think it should be done.

Fite is not a finalist he didn't interview for the job the nfo in paper is false.

Strange. Makes me wonder where they got their information from.

Hey, I have a question: do you know if Fite was technically able to interview for the head coaching job (i.e. he has his teacher certification)? I ask because it would certainly be great if he was a full-time teacher at HHS in addition to his duties as an assistant coach.

I don't disagree that many principals are not qualified to make athletic decisions. However, I have no confidence in Scott Brunette to make that decision either.

They had two assistant coaches in addition Fite that didn't teach full-time anywhere in MNPS if that is what you mean.

Why do you not have any confidence in the athletic director to make a heads up decision? Are you afraid that he may make a decision based on a personal belief or let his emotions take over. lol

Why do you not have any confidence in the athletic director to make a heads up decision? Are you afraid that he may make a decision based on a personal belief or let his emotions take over. lol

I'll put it this way: I would rather have someone put HHS's interest above everything else when it comes to this decision. I don't trust Scott Brunette to do that for HHS. In a situation like this, I am glad that Manuel has the final say just like Lawson did 3 years ago, and I truly hope Manuel hires the best candidate available.

I'll put it this way: I would rather have someone put HHS's interest above everything else when it comes to this decision. I don't trust Scott Brunette to do that for HHS. In a situation like this, I am glad that Manuel has the final say just like Lawson did 3 years ago, and I truly hope Manuel hires the best candidate available.

As long as Scott is in on the process he will have a lot of input. Will the new coach be allowed to bring in his own staff?

As long as Scott is in on the process he will have a lot of input. Will the new coach be allowed to bring in his own staff?

Of course, but as I understand it, Principal Manuel will have to make the final decision and he ultimately decides who to hire.

Depends, it will most likely require them also being certified teachers in order for it to happen. However, I'm not sure how many current head coaches are actually finalists. All the names mentioned with HHS ties are currently assistants due to Phillips withdrawing his name. We will find out soon enough I suppose.

Coach Fite sent players home?...no conditioning today? Has a decision been made?

Probably so. It was supposed to be made this week so it will probably be announced within the next few days. My guess is Thompson from Maplewood, Law from Whites Creek, or even Brunetti from Pearl Cohn. It seems like someone else said that from all reports that I am hearing in will be a young energetic coach that will relate to the athletes. The most qualified is not always the applicant chosen. Personally I would have to go with Coach K. I havent always seen eye to eye with him but I respect the job he has done as DC at Hillsboro and I think he would have made the transition easier for the players and would have done a good job as well.