South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Bumped (Due to importance for South Fans)

South stands to lose many fine athletes, who may never get a chance in the big city.

Please let them know this really stinks.

This was forwarded to me and I don't think the writer will mind posting here. I will, however, remove their name.

If so inclined, please help. I can't imagine what they are thinking.

Dear Sullivan South friends,

An important item will be considered at Monday's [June 1] Sullivan County Board meeting. The Director of Schools will be proposing that the policy freezing of North and South school zones be rescinded. This means that students living in the annexed areas would be required to attend the city school for which they are or would be zoned. Obviously, this would have a devastating effect on our beloved county schools. Please join us in opposing this action by e-mailing each and every one of the seven members of the Sullivan County Board of Education. Below are the e-mails for each.

If you'd rather have phone numbers they may be found here:

http://www.scde.k12.tn.us/metadot/index.pl...ory&op=show

Below is a copy of the memo stating my vehement opposition. Please join us in SAVING OUR SCHOOLS!

Lady and Gentlemen,

An important vote concerning the future of Sullivan County schools is forthcoming on Monday, June 1. A proposal to rescind the policy of freezing the Sullivan North and Sullivan South school zones will be considered.

I implore that you oppose such legislation that would seriously compromise the future of all schools in the affected areas and another county areas considered as such in the future.

If passed, this measure will mean significant job loss [teachers, administrators, support staff], reduced academic program availability, reduced enrichment opportunities such as music, clubs, sports, etc, and reduce the overall educational effectiveness of every school in Sullivan County

Many, many parents like myself, wish for their children to continue their education in the Sullivan County school system. These same parents had zero input on the unwarranted annexation measures forced upon them and without your opposition, will have zero input on their educational future as well.

Please join with me in opposing this proposed measure on June 1. Thank you in advance for your support.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The proposal to rescind the policy of basically letting kids stay in their own schools has failed. The board got the message loud and clear and no one even seconded the proposal.

This was potentially more important to South athletics than any player or coach.

Thanks to all who took a stand, but stay vigilant. They will come again.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does anyone know why we do not have a summer, flag football passing league for our local teams? I'm thinking this is big in Knoxville. Is it still going on or has TSSAA ruled against it? Also why is South not participating in the big passing scrimmage at Abingdon with Tn. Hi . D-B . and many of the SW Va. teams?

Does anyone know why we do not have a summer, flag football passing league for our local teams? I'm thinking this is big in Knoxville. Is it still going on or has TSSAA ruled against it? Also why is South not participating in the big passing scrimmage at Abingdon with Tn. Hi . D-B . and many of the SW Va. teams?

Hmmm. Stacy...

I don't know what your used to. But this here is the messege board big leagues. You do need sombody to get your back when your having a back and forth with me, and they will be along shortly. As far as calling me out it shows your elavator don't go all the way to the top floor. I don't care how fat you are or how many cookies you can stuff in your pie-hole at once. I've been here along time and will be here when your gone. We have all seen nut cases like you before. You are alot like JPATTS, a Jefferson Co. fan that was on here a few years ago. Another Mo-Ron redneck that was always trying to get somebody to meet him somewhere to fight. But at least he was not a woman trying to pick a fight with a man. My advice to you would be to calm down before somebody as crazy as you takes you up on your offer.

My Darlin' Waco, please take your glaucoma medication with an aspirin and chill, as surely your old heart can't take this stress...

1. If you really think this is message board is the 'big leagues' then you're goofier than we first thought. The BIG LEAGUE message boards is EquineYoga. com but if you think you're in the right place, okeeeey dooookey.... we'll play along.

2. Now lets go really slowly for you: I invited YOU to MY yoga class at Olsen's and after I asked you to meet me in the parking lot (that is connected to Texas Roadhouse, as stated in my post) to share with YOU my dissertation on Yoga Benefits for Athletes (which you asked for) and I planned to take you to Texas Roadhouse where I could buy you an adult beverage and perhaps a meal while we debated yoga applications applied to current football leagues in recent years and resulting benefits.

3. Somehow in your polluted DB mind, that equated to a girl beating you up in the parking lot and your crying over it. Dear Lord, no wonder you still live with your mama in a room in the basement! Did every girl that invited you to the parking lot at DB beat you up? Honey, there's counseling for that surely! We can help- just reach out to the community. I recommend starting with a local domestic violence help group.

4. Ok, the first outta the gate lessons you should know: women are smart and most of us are talented, educated and in good physical shape; some of us women not born in 1930s will invite you to a physically challenging class that they actually may TEACH ( note: you may not make it through, but effort counts), and lastly...when a woman wearing a black belt asks you to meet her in the parking lot- NEWSFLASH!- she may be able to afford to personally treat you to drinks and a nice dinner then deliver you home in her BMW. All that AFTER she's gotten 5 kids off to school, taught a full day of 3rd grade, made dinner for her family, ran 2 kids to dance and 1 to art, turned 2 horses out, washed football pads, and slid into her martial arts class. In a few words, welcome to REAL WOMEN in 2009.

5. Do NOT come on a South thread and try to tell any of us about CLASS. We South moms work circles around other ladies in our area---- and still find time to volunteer in our schools and communities. We only ask our BOYZ to work as hard as we do---- and that's pretty dang hard, so expect to be overtired but still bucking. THAT is a SOUTH mom- true grit with gratitude and another 10 things still to be done on our list.

Alas, don't play word games with me Waco...reread your posts and you'll see I granted each of your requests. The lesson here is--- watch what you request, as you might have to live through an advanced yoga class then have an share a meal and educated discussion with the professor. You would have gotten off a lot easier if I would have kicked your tail... it would have taken 2 seconds and wouldn't have required any thought or effort on your part.

So, as only I like to challenge the spider to the fly again..... I teach my next yoga class Sunday at 2:00. You in?

Om with the Proud South Mom

BTAYMama

Holly crap. Women wanting to fight men? This post has gotten way out of hand. Talk about a bunch of rednecks. Way to go South you've lived up to your reputation. Redneck high at Pactolus at its best. Lots of class.

Oh wow come on! You DB fans are simply no fun. So please do us all a favor and go back to YOUR lame, boring, no fun thread. However, if you would like to have a good time, then we have enough CLASS to welcome all of our opponents. Hey, at least alot of us on this thread have no shame in revealing our true identity. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

REBEL NATION

[/quote

I don't know what your used to. But this here is the messege board big leagues. You do need sombody to get your back when your having a back and forth with me, and they will be along shortly. As far as calling me out it shows your elavator don't go all the way to the top floor. I don't care how fat you are or how many cookies you can stuff in your pie-hole at once. I've been here along time and will be here when your gone. We have all seen nut cases like you before. You are alot like JPATTS, a Jefferson Co. fan that was on here a few years ago. Another Mo-Ron redneck that was always trying to get somebody to meet him somewhere to fight. But at least he was not a woman trying to pick a fight with a man. My advice to you would be to calm down before somebody as crazy as you takes you up on your offer.

Uh, Waco, no offense, but if you think this is the big leagues, you need to get out more. I'm just sayin'...

My Darlin' Waco, please take your glaucoma medication with an aspirin and chill, as surely your old heart can't take this stress...

1. If you really think this is message board is the 'big leagues' then you're goofier than we first thought. The BIG LEAGUE message boards is EquineYoga. com but if you think you're in the right place, okeeeey dooookey.... we'll play along.

2. Now lets go really slowly for you: I invited YOU to MY yoga class at Olsen's and after I asked you to meet me in the parking lot (that is connected to Texas Roadhouse, as stated in my post) to share with YOU my dissertation on Yoga Benefits for Athletes (which you asked for) and I planned to take you to Texas Roadhouse where I could buy you an adult beverage and perhaps a meal while we debated yoga applications applied to current football leagues in recent years and resulting benefits.

3. Somehow in your polluted DB mind, that equated to a girl beating you up in the parking lot and your crying over it. Dear Lord, no wonder you still live with your mama in a room in the basement! Did every girl that invited you to the parking lot at DB beat you up? Honey, there's counseling for that surely! We can help- just reach out to the community. I recommend starting with a local domestic violence help group.

4. Ok, the first outta the gate lessons you should know: women are smart and most of us are talented, educated and in good physical shape; some of us women not born in 1930s will invite you to a physically challenging class that they actually may TEACH ( note: you may not make it through, but effort counts), and lastly...when a woman wearing a black belt asks you to meet her in the parking lot- NEWSFLASH!- she may be able to afford to personally treat you to drinks and a nice dinner then deliver you home in her BMW. All that AFTER she's gotten 5 kids off to school, taught a full day of 3rd grade, made dinner for her family, ran 2 kids to dance and 1 to art, turned 2 horses out, washed football pads, and slid into her martial arts class. In a few words, welcome to REAL WOMEN in 2009.

5. Do NOT come on a South thread and try to tell any of us about CLASS. We South moms work circles around other ladies in our area---- and still find time to volunteer in our schools and communities. We only ask our BOYZ to work as hard as we do---- and that's pretty dang hard, so expect to be overtired but still bucking. THAT is a SOUTH mom- true grit with gratitude and another 10 things still to be done on our list.

Alas, don't play word games with me Waco...reread your posts and you'll see I granted each of your requests. The lesson here is--- watch what you request, as you might have to live through an advanced yoga class then have an share a meal and educated discussion with the professor. You would have gotten off a lot easier if I would have kicked your tail... it would have taken 2 seconds and wouldn't have required any thought or effort on your part.

So, as only I like to challenge the spider to the fly again..... I teach my next yoga class Sunday at 2:00. You in?

Om with the Proud South Mom

BTAYMama

i said, i would wrestle you

i said, i would wrestle you

Oh, ET, you really don't have time to wrestle with me....you'd have to drive in from Elvisville, change into those little wrestling shorts, chase me around a mat until I pushed you out with one nail....then I'd have to apologize for hurting your feelings and your tail feathers, clean you up nice, feed you a good meal, then put you back on the road west. OK, yeah, it would be worth your time, on second thought. Gas up the Harley.... /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Now on to something someone cares about besides Waco.... like REB Football!

I busted the Yoga out with a bunch of bright eyed Rebs this morning at 8 on the dot! They were there with great attitudes and ready to rock it. Our next session is tomorrow at 8:00 so dad's: get your boy's butt up and tell to come see the Mom with the most OM for some strength, core, balance, and focus training. It's a great way to start their summer workouts--- AND I bring Renegades (NOT Gatorades), hot doughnuts, and apples for rewards for the early risers. Let's get this SEASON started BABY.... these boyz are lean, mean, winning machines. REB NATION with a lil Namaste on da side... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

BTMomma