South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Happy New Year to all the Rebel faithful. Well, holidays are over and I'm beginning to recover from the early end to the '08 season. It was much worse on me than on the players, no doubt. Heard the Pigskin Parents are already at work making things right for the boys in the weight room with new flooring. For all the returning Rebels, especially the upcoming Sophs and Juniors--------pay attention. There is basically one thing that is most important for you (it is critical) if you want to get your uniform soiled in '09. Get you butts into the weight room, whether it is at the All-Purpose facility, your basement, or at a PE class at school (or bettter yet--all of the before mentioned). Get there and get there at least 4-5 times per week. This is the absolute most important thing you can do to make yourself better in the offseason. If you are playing basketball, or baseball, or tiddlywinks---------great--but you got to get strong--ask any coach---ask any upper classman-----------

Go Rebels!!!!!!!!!! Hoddy Toddy!!!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year to all the Rebel faithful. Well, holidays are over and I'm beginning to recover from the early end to the '08 season. It was much worse on me than on the players, no doubt. Heard the Pigskin Parents are already at work making things right for the boys in the weight room with new flooring. For all the returning Rebels, especially the upcoming Sophs and Juniors--------pay attention. There is basically one thing that is most important for you (it is critical) if you want to get your uniform soiled in '09. Get you butts into the weight room, whether it is at the All-Purpose facility, your basement, or at a PE class at school (or bettter yet--all of the before mentioned). Get there and get there at least 4-5 times per week. This is the absolute most important thing you can do to make yourself better in the offseason. If you are playing basketball, or baseball, or tiddlywinks---------great--but you got to get strong--ask any coach---ask any upper classman-----------

Go Rebels!!!!!!!!!! Hoddy Toddy!!!

Running track is crucial.

I agree. Weight room after school AND join the Track team. Young guys, look at the examples before you... Curt ran track, for one. And if you want an example of weight room results, find a picture of Jake Logue from 8th grade and then look at him now. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> He has built himself into a true college caliber player.

With Coach Hilton taking over as the T&F coach, the T&F and Football programs will be joined at the hip and working together for the improvement of all. Big boys, get out there, do the throws, get in a little extra cardio. Skill position guys, work on your explosiveness, stride, and form...and of course cardio. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I agree. Weight room after school AND join the Track team. Young guys, look at the examples before you... Curt ran track, for one. And if you want an example of weight room results, find a picture of Jake Logue from 8th grade and then look at him now. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> He has built himself into a true college caliber player.

With Coach Hilton taking over as the T&F coach, the T&F and Football programs will be joined at the hip and working together for the improvement of all. Big boys, get out there, do the throws, get in a little extra cardio. Skill position guys, work on your explosiveness, stride, and form...and of course cardio. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Get those nightly protein shakes too. Drop a banana and a couple raw eggs in that blender. While you're at it ,get plenty of rest. Sleep is critical to build that muscle mass. Receivers should spend the winter nights learning to juggle 3 tennis balls. Its great for eye-hand coordination and concentration . Go Rebels!

The weight room is a given indeed. But speed is the name of the game. Speed will get college attention any day of the week over size...regardless of position. Yes, there are some size and strength prerequisites but speed is the A#1 thing they are looking for. A couple of visits to college coaches camps this spring and summer will prove that to you rising upperclassmen in short order. Underclassmen...it starts now! Frosh and Sophs should already be signed up for Shumans combines. Again, you snooze you lose! Sign up at a Taekwondo studio...that will buy your quickness. Explosion, strength, speed, endurance, technique. The key is to work to failure regardless of the facet. Baseball is a gentlemans sport. Footballers are Gladiators.

Happy New Year Reb Friends!

If next year's success can be predicted by my poor kid's work out schedules, Rebels will win the SEC! The boy is juggling more than tennis balls--- 3 little sisters, 4 personal training workouts a week, after school weight room & team workouts, farm chores, and YOGA with mom! (His personal favorite, I'm certain. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) His diet has beefed up with Protien shakes plus 6 meals a day. His trainer is Dustin Mohr, fomer Rebel and fitness trainer at Lifestyle Fitness Center in JC. We are proud of his work with Bobby and can certainly tell a difference with Bobby's 4.6 run yesterday in the freezing weather! So, by my estimations, if I am after him with a switch, he should run a flat 4.... seem right to you all?!

Comp & Satch-- We so appreciate all your advice and friendship in helping Bobby get moving on the right track for next year. There's still a million things to do, but we're never too caught up to be grateful for a healthy kid and good friends! Also, Comp, you'll appreciate that Coach is interested in having me do some Yoga workouts with the team for core strengthening, balance, and focus. Won't Bobby be thrilled to have his friends OM with his MOM?! Couldn't happened to a nicer guy, huh?

Thanks for all the Rebel community & beyond for love & support in '08!

Many blessings for all in '09-

Reb Nation

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> BobbyMama

Happy New Year Reb Friends!

If next year's success can be predicted by my poor kid's work out schedules, Rebels will win the SEC! The boy is juggling more than tennis balls--- 3 little sisters, 4 personal training workouts a week, after school weight room & team workouts, farm chores, and YOGA with mom! (His personal favorite, I'm certain. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) His diet has beefed up with Protien shakes plus 6 meals a day. His trainer is Dustin Mohr, fomer Rebel and fitness trainer at Lifestyle Fitness Center in JC. We are proud of his work with Bobby and can certainly tell a difference with Bobby's 4.6 run yesterday in the freezing weather! So, by my estimations, if I am after him with a switch, he should run a flat 4.... seem right to you all?!

Comp & Satch-- We so appreciate all your advice and friendship in helping Bobby get moving on the right track for next year. There's still a million things to do, but we're never too caught up to be grateful for a healthy kid and good friends! Also, Comp, you'll appreciate that Coach is interested in having me do some Yoga workouts with the team for core strengthening, balance, and focus. Won't Bobby be thrilled to have his friends OM with his MOM?! Couldn't happened to a nicer guy, huh?

Thanks for all the Rebel community & beyond for love & support in '08!

Many blessings for all in '09-

Reb Nation

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> BobbyMama

Good stuff D! Tell him to keep his eye on the prize. This is the year of his life. IT'S ONE SHOT AND THAT'S ALL YOU GET! His dues are paid and it's his turn...and well deserved. He does need a sidekick and I have heard the rumors. I said it all along...we will see. It takes 22 + another 40 to go down the road. '08 was supposed to have been the year...that should be plenty of motivation to make history. The goods are there they just need tweaking. 4.6 ain't shabby, 4.5 and you get a date, below that and you can rock steady. Tell him to watch "The Karete Kid"...corny movie but alot of solid technique in that movie...especially the balance with the blindfold. Can't wait to watch him squirt out of piles for multi-yard scampers Spin Dr. style.

A good puchase from East Bay is the "Strength" weight vest and weight shorts. I think the Dr. used it with a total of 50 lbs. for running drills. Great tool for running the stadium.

The rumor is that JC is leaving. I hope he reconsiders! You never know when your number gets called. Besides, he stands to inherit the 2010 call. Tell Duece to talk to him. There's alot to be said for standing on the sideline knowing what your contribution could be but having the stones to support Stacy whatever his decision. The character that builds cannot be bought. No one understand this better than #2.

I still have a couple of things to show him when time permits. After the first week in February we will be done so maybe then.

On a lighter note...I have one question for you. Call me at work sometime. The Ghetto...Rebel Nation /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

i have heard a rumor that hammonds is up tp 260 lbs? any validation? Also, how is the offensive line situation looking right now?

The '06 O line was hard to beat. The '06 box was one of the best if not the. The '09 O line is smart strong and quick...just what the doctor ordered. The '09 box will rival '06. I would imagine Sam won't let such a good line go to waste. With one of the toughest schedules in recent history I see the '09 squad stepping up to the plate big time. 260...and he's already an animal. O'Quinn, Logue, Hammonds...who will step out this year? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good stuff D! Tell him to keep his eye on the prize. This is the year of his life. IT'S ONE SHOT AND THAT'S ALL YOU GET! His dues are paid and it's his turn...and well deserved. He does need a sidekick and I have heard the rumors. I said it all along...we will see. It takes 22 + another 40 to go down the road. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ghetto,

I miss high school football! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> When will the '09 season be here! As of right now, I am wallowing in this downtime. The '08 Rebs will soooo be missed. I miss especially miss seeing the Spin Doctor juke and then run over somebody. I've seen the top RB's in our area since the early 80's, played against "Little Man", Rocky Clay, Gary Dandridge, and Mike Faulkerson. But Taylor Fletcher has been 10X the joy to watch. If you love football, you love seeing him with the rock. Some college is going to get a STEAL!

What's the latest on this year's seniors? Beedle decided? KK, Bradley, and Fletcher getting closer? I'm so outta da loop, I havent heard anything. I hope as the recruiting period draws to an end, they will all find happy 4-year homes. There's other young men that could play at the next level as well, like "I'll run through you like a paper towel" Chuck Columbo. Things will heat up and hopefully doors will open as we get into February. No matter what pans out, the Senior parents and the Reb Coaches have guided them towards a successful life. Good boys.

Next years Rebels are indeed hard at it in the offseason. Better be, the schedule is killer. Logue has emerged as a force and should be on the college coaches' watch list. Garvin has always been D1. Hammonds stepped in for Beedle and also stepped up. Solt has impressed me. Ethan long will step in nicely. #10 will be healthy and back to true form. #2 working his tail off and has a real FOCUS (I wish I had a mama that would help me like that...say 60 lbs to drop or so). #1 has put on about 10lbs of muscle so far and I swear I think he's picked up speed. He's been working with the linemen some to use comparable weights. I miss seeing him on the roundball court, but football and track are his passion. Track season will hopefully be a bit of an appetizer before football 2009 hits. Coach Hilton is certainly my hero for stepping in with T&F program. Ghetto, come find us at the meets. Hope JC doesn't depart, right as he is about to step up to the plate. You don't wanna miss your opportunity in the spotlight!

BTW, what's the sidekick rumor you refer to?

Rebel Nation

UPDATE..........

Beedle commited today to Tennessee Tech. Full Ride. He had full offers from Austin Peay and UT Chattanooga as well.

Ghetto,

I miss high school football! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> When will the '09 season be here! As of right now, I am wallowing in this downtime. The '08 Rebs will soooo be missed. I miss especially miss seeing the Spin Doctor juke and then run over somebody. I've seen the top RB's in our area since the early 80's, played against "Little Man", Rocky Clay, Gary Dandridge, and Mike Faulkerson. But Taylor Fletcher has been 10X the joy to watch. If you love football, you love seeing him with the rock. Some college is going to get a STEAL!

What's the latest on this year's seniors? Beedle decided? KK, Bradley, and Fletcher getting closer? I'm so outta da loop, I havent heard anything. I hope as the recruiting period draws to an end, they will all find happy 4-year homes. There's other young men that could play at the next level as well, like "I'll run through you like a paper towel" Chuck Columbo. Things will heat up and hopefully doors will open as we get into February. No matter what pans out, the Senior parents and the Reb Coaches have guided them towards a successful life. Good boys.

Next years Rebels are indeed hard at it in the offseason. Better be, the schedule is killer. Logue has emerged as a force and should be on the college coaches' watch list. Garvin has always been D1. Hammonds stepped in for Beedle and also stepped up. Solt has impressed me. Ethan long will step in nicely. #10 will be healthy and back to true form. #2 working his tail off and has a real FOCUS (I wish I had a mama that would help me like that...say 60 lbs to drop or so). #1 has put on about 10lbs of muscle so far and I swear I think he's picked up speed. He's been working with the linemen some to use comparable weights. I miss seeing him on the roundball court, but football and track are his passion. Track season will hopefully be a bit of an appetizer before football 2009 hits. Coach Hilton is certainly my hero for stepping in with T&F program. Ghetto, come find us at the meets. Hope JC doesn't depart, right as he is about to step up to the plate. You don't wanna miss your opportunity in the spotlight!

BTW, what's the sidekick rumor you refer to?

Rebel Nation