South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Yeah Hunter! Put your head in the books and your muscles in the training room and make the most of a full ride, baby. Many little boys are looking at you to see what they can make for themselves. You make all of REBS proud! Kick #2 in the tail when you see him and tell him he mama said to 'drink a protien shake and get to the gym!" I hope Bobby's dream works out the same way yours has.... Taylor LOVE and Rebel NATION!

BobbyMama

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greetings everyone, i hope everyone enjoyed the holidays i know i did ; )....and man i must say it feels good posting on here again even though ive been keeping up as much as possible on the information for the 09 Rebels and i must say i think the rebel nation will be in for another great treat out of this senior class! although they do have some mighty big shoes to fill but i think the biggest thing is getting St.Clair ready to run the O.

btw Congrats to beedle he earned it and best of luck to him for the next 4years.

one more other thing does anyone know what they are gonnia name our conference next year?

Sorry-just read it on TCS. Congrats TF! Sounds like things are falling in place. Lambuth is a good program and nice town in Jackson. McKenzie is a pretty small town I believe. Selfishly,it would be nice to see TF and BD both at Tusculum with more opportunities for South fans to see them play. Surely some offers will come KK's way . Tusculum took Jordan and KK's size and stats exceed his brother's if I'm not mistaken. Best wishes in the process to all. Beedle got the first one. Let's pile 'em up Rebels.

For those unaware, NAIA schools are in a category by themselves. Most are high dollar schools with meager facilities. And coaching staffs to match. The acedemics are generally a shot in the dark. Lambuth howver, seems to break the mold. Their coaching staff closely resembles Sullivan South's with a substancially higher motor. Coach Freeze came from big SEC football and has set his sights high. The whole staff right down to the equipment coordinator is on the same page...National Championship status. They run a tight ship...i.e. if you don't go to class you don't practice. If you don't pass you don't play. If you don't practice or play you lose your ride. They have an active check and balance so they know each day where you are and what you are doing and manage each player accordingly. One of the most impressive staffs I have seen. There are reports they lost one of their million dollar donators.

Bethel is a successful football program. The academics wane a bit.

Frank Debusk is a man that don't take no jive. He is impressive down to the shoelaces. Despite what I have heard, I am impressed with the man. He is the kind of coach TF would sink his teeth into. He is on a mission...a National Championship mission. Taylor and Bradley are in the right place at the right time on this one if they decide to persue it. They both looked like a million bucks at the combine (probably 500 or so athletes). Yall would be proud.

Charleston seems to want their cake and eat it too. We will see.

UVA Wise is on the hunt also. As impressive a local program as they have (acedemics and all) they regularly get thumped by Bethel and Lambuth.

Taking it to the wire.

For those unaware, NAIA schools are in a category by themselves. Most are high dollar schools with meager facilities. And coaching staffs to match. The acedemics are generally a shot in the dark. Lambuth howver, seems to break the mold. Their coaching staff closely resembles Sullivan South's with a substancially higher motor. Coach Freeze came from big SEC football and has set his sights high. The whole staff right down to the equipment coordinator is on the same page...National Championship status. They run a tight ship...i.e. if you don't go to class you don't practice. If you don't pass you don't play. If you don't practice or play you lose your ride. They have an active check and balance so they know each day where you are and what you are doing and manage each player accordingly. One of the most impressive staffs I have seen. There are reports they lost one of their million dollar donators.

Bethel is a successful football program. The academics wane a bit.

Frank Debusk is a man that don't take no jive. He is impressive down to the shoelaces. Despite what I have heard, I am impressed with the man. He is the kind of coach TF would sink his teeth into. He is on a mission...a National Championship mission. Taylor and Bradley are in the right place at the right time on this one if they decide to persue it. They both looked like a million bucks at the combine (probably 500 or so athletes). Yall would be proud.

Charleston seems to want their cake and eat it too. We will see.

UVA Wise is on the hunt also. As impressive a local program as they have (acedemics and all) they regularly get thumped by Bethel and Lambuth.

Taking it to the wire.

Good luck. You guys are a class act. I'm certain something good is going to happen. Best wishes. REBEL NATION!

Yeah Hunter! Put your head in the books and your muscles in the training room and make the most of a full ride, baby. Many little boys are looking at you to see what they can make for themselves. You make all of REBS proud! Kick #2 in the tail when you see him and tell him he mama said to 'drink a protien shake and get to the gym!" I hope Bobby's dream works out the same way yours has.... Taylor LOVE and Rebel NATION!

BobbyMama

Hey D. A member of JT's possee says she's sportin a fancy rock on her finger? Details sister, we need details! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Congrats to TF on the offers. Where's the Doc leaning Comp?

He wants to walk on at a DIA school. Not necessarily an SEC school. Can you say Curt? And he really would like to be with Hunter at Tech. Talk about facilities! They even have their own shooting range. He is happy for Hunter but he is a bit dissappointed in his own achievement. It is my fault for not being on top of the game for him. I get it now but now is too late. For you Junior parents...your work has already begun...just in case you haven't punched the clock yet.

Charleston was like an infirmary..."you can check out any time you like but, you can never leave." After we got past the concrete facade and saw the heart of the matter we relaxed a bit. These people are hardliners but they do have heart. The offer was wonderful much to our surprise. He did not commit. They have almost everything. The acedemics. The offer. The old school Italian head coach. The nice stadium. Wonderful dorm rooms. True to form this is work. More power to Hunter and his Mom and Dad for being on top of it. And to Curt for having the gumption to travel and meet these coaches even when Dad could not make it. Not much time left and he knows he is under the gun. This experience grows them up substancially. Will keep you posted. For the record, this is the premier offer.

He wants to walk on at a DIA school. Not necessarily an SEC school. Can you say Curt? And he really would like to be with Hunter at Tech. Talk about facilities! They even have their own shooting range. He is happy for Hunter but he is a bit dissappointed in his own achievement. It is my fault for not being on top of the game for him. I get it now but now is too late. For you Junior parents...your work has already begun...just in case you haven't punched the clock yet.

Charleston was like an infirmary..."you can check out any time you like but, you can never leave." After we got past the concrete facade and saw the heart of the matter we relaxed a bit. These people are hardliners but they do have heart. The offer was wonderful much to our surprise. He did not commit. They have almost everything. The acedemics. The offer. The old school Italian head coach. The nice stadium. Wonderful dorm rooms. True to form this is work. More power to Hunter and his Mom and Dad for being on top of it. And to Curt for having the gumption to travel and meet these coaches even when Dad could not make it. Not much time left and he knows he is under the gun. This experience grows them up substancially. Will keep you posted. For the record, this is the premier offer.

Are Tusculum and UVA-Wise still possibilities?

Are Tusculum and UVA-Wise still possibilities?

Yes...especially Tusculum. The fit and finish at Tusculum is nothing short of tailor made for premier Sullivan South athletes. Frank DeBusk is a natural transition for Stacy's boys. He is the most impressive coach I have seen yet. He has dynamic energy that infects those around him. I must inject that Coach DeMeo at Charleston is the Fatherly type and attracts those that need that kind of love. Make no mistake...he is a staunch diciplinarian as old school as they get. Did I say GodFather?

You can either play football and then choose a profession or you can choose a profession and then play football. The latter is more complicated with much less freedom of choice and is Taylors situation.