South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

I'm with ya crawdad---- thanks for keeping us on the inside track, satchup! If my little fat boy is going to the combine on Sunday, what is that last day he should work out this week? Can't be nothin' wrong with doing some OM with MOM to keep up his core strength & balance while we let his muscles rest. Besides, he looks so cute on his pink yoga mat!

Funny Mama Story: He came in last night trying to be all ghetto and told us that he was teaching his buddy how to "spit game on this cute girl..." AND I WHACKED HIM. In a loud voice I retold the rule about how he should respect all women and spitting on girls is never appropriate. After a few mumbling restarts at telling his story, I hammered out some sense. Apparently 'spitting game' on a girl mean to show her you are interested in some way. The boy must SPEAK ENGLISH in my home-- ghetto is not our second language! This morning Greg came to kiss me goodbye and offered to 'spit game' on me but I reminded him that he doesn't want to wake up next week missing half his head. You believe that language?! If my kid spits on you, girls, smack him from his mama!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Comp! Bobby tried the pole vault yesterday---- I told him it probably looked like a bowling ball on the end of a straw! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> He said that only a few guys were crazy enough to try it. So proud my kid was one of them. Dear Lord, help a Bobby Mama. Tell Fletch to keep him from doing dumb stuff!

I just saw a baseball schedule and noted the last regular season game was on 4/28 and the district tourney the first week of May. How does this relate to the start of spring practice? I'm thinking the track guys normally don't miss much but don't know about the way baseball plays out. Will we even have a QB in camp? Also, is a scrimmage scheduled yet?

I just saw a baseball schedule and noted the last regular season game was on 4/28 and the district tourney the first week of May. How does this relate to the start of spring practice? I'm thinking the track guys normally don't miss much but don't know about the way baseball plays out. Will we even have a QB in camp? Also, is a scrimmage scheduled yet?

Baseball players are never in spring practice. Never have been, never will be. And no, there will be no QB. I would say he will put Shanks back there and let him take snaps. Maybe some direct snaps.

Baseball players are never in spring practice. Never have been, never will be. And no, there will be no QB. I would say he will put Shanks back there and let him take snaps. Maybe some direct snaps.

Thanks Comp. I would think this would be the first spring practice in the Stacy Carter tenure that we went into spring without a projected starter in camp, not to mention not having the projected back up either. It will be interesting to see how they structure their practice time. I'd guess it will be more focus on defense, honing the offensive line, and looking extra hard at the rising sophomores. Someone will definitely be experienced as a 3rd team QB. You never know at that position.

Do you know when the first practice is scheduled and if they have a scrimmage set?

Not directed to me '04, but I can tell you what I've heard. Also,did you catch my reply to you on the Taylor Fletcher thread?

Yeah I saw it. It's a shame they don't have that anymore, but a few players from this area have participated in the East vs. West game of the past two years.

I believe the Rebels play Knox West, Gate City, and Greeneville in non-district and that leaves the rest of their Big 8 opponents. Now we just need someone to place them in the correct order.

Yeah I saw it. It's a shame they don't have that anymore, but a few players from this area have participated in the East vs. West game of the past two years.

I believe the Rebels play Knox West, Gate City, and Greeneville in non-district and that leaves the rest of their Big 8 opponents. Now we just need someone to place them in the correct order.

week 0-Knox West A

week 1-Greeneville H

week 2-Boone A

week 3-Gate City H

week 4-Central A

week 5-OPEN

week 6-DB H

week 7-Crockett A

week 8-SH H

week 9-Volunteer A

week 10-Tn Hi H

I believe this is close according to what I heard several weeks ago.It should be a fun schedule. I'm especially looking forward to the trip to Knoxville. Hopefully we can get a victory over a team west of Morristown .