South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Lordy, Vik, if you're asking me about something in the FALL, you betta call somebody! I can't get the schedule to dang FRIDAY, much less fall! My scheduling started something like this at about 6:00 this morning...."What do you mean you have a snow schedule, Bobby?! I don't see no freakin' snow! You Sullivan kids are going to be dumb as rocks with all the school you miss. Get up anyway- that just gives you two more hours to do your barn chores! I don't care if every other kid is sleeping in- I'm not every other kid's momma (of which I'm sure they are grateful each day)! When are you going to the trainer? Can you get in this morning? We have yoga, tonight- don't forget- and no excuses! I don't care if you hate your pink Yoga mat! There's kids in Arizona that wish they had a pink yoga mat and mama to make them go. I know you're tired from the Combine this week--- I'm tired of doing all your chores so you could go to the Combine. Lena & Rayne! Get in the car--no, you can't take Jessica's DOG with you to school. Kate get up- Your daddy's gotta drop you off before he goes to work to watch the stockmarket finish it's eternal crash. See Bobby--- dumb kids that don't go to school help your mama have JOB SECURITY! Get that cat out of the dryer and get in the car! Bobby you betta be up!" Now does that sound like a lady who would know one single thing about something that would happen this fall? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

BTaylorMom, you are pretty much the funniest poster on here (in a good way) so please don't stop posting! You may make football season much more entertaining for those of us who stalk CoachT and find it terribly frustrating and annoying but still can't look away...kinda like staring at the proverbial train wreck, or watching a ridiculous reality TV show and feeling your IQ go down 50 pts. even while you keep watching... Your intelligent sense of humor helps me feel better about continuing to read...

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think scrimmage count. i now how things are in greene co. but it shouldn't have been close were the refs can make a difference . you boys had the d.b. syndrome looking ahead to the next game. so move on

I think we all moved on just fine...and then people like you come here to throw it in our face again. So maybe you should move on? Anyway, looking forward to the 2009 football season and another South/DB match-up. Those were always my favorite in high school!

P.S. If Tyler Nottingham is on this board...I want my rebel flag back you stole off of my truck senior year. No, I didn't forget. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

BTaylorMom, you are pretty much the funniest poster on here (in a good way) so please don't stop posting! You may make football season much more entertaining for those of us who stalk CoachT and find it terribly frustrating and annoying but still can't look away...kinda like staring at the proverbial train wreck, or watching a ridiculous reality TV show and feeling your IQ go down 50 pts. even while you keep watching... Your intelligent sense of humor helps me feel better about continuing to read...

My poor husband is just killing right over at your kind comment to me... I love it! He seems to think this is a boyz club--- he probably thinks women shouldn't vote too. (SHUT up Robby!) I really only read and post just to aggravate him and suspect that it's working! Stranger still, I found myself adding you, gatorfan64, to my friends list! I have never said 'gator' and 'friend' in the same sentence before, as I am a TRUE NOLE and Tallahassee Lassie. Then again, I've never had a gator say anything nice before---so 'tis a new day, apparently!

I do thank you for encouraging me on with my aimless reflection of sports and life on this site. I really have nothing of value to add about football, but enjoy airing Bobby's dirty laundry to humble the child and annoy my husband. Delicious enough, my eldest daughter has joined in on the boards as to follow in the footsteps of her wicked mother. Look for her mouthy posts as Sisterofthebluedeuce05. She is much brighter than I since she is a fall '09 Law Student and UT graduate-- if I allow her to live until May. I just come here for the good music and fine wine. Here's to you, my new and only gator friend! CHEERS!

Do you hail from the area?

Peace & Duece Love,

TheBOBBYMAMA Dahli Lama

Walking back to my car after that game I was walking near a ref (don't know if it was "the" ref) accompanied by a policeman and watched the ref get in his truck with a Greene County license plate and drive off. Don't think he was from Knoxville.

My, my...small world. Still, that Greeneville squad played with heart.

I think we all moved on just fine...and then people like you come here to throw it in our face again. So maybe you should move on? Anyway, looking forward to the 2009 football season and another South/DB match-up. Those were always my favorite in high school!

P.S. If Tyler Nottingham is on this board...I want my rebel flag back you stole off of my truck senior year. No, I didn't forget. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

just what we need another lawyer , please don't sue me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just what we need another lawyer , please don't sue me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She gonna be a LIAAAAAYER, LIIIIIAAAAWWWWYYYERR--- just like the rest of them! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sadly, I'll be her best client- just like Madea.

Love,

MaDEENA

Ryan, I know you have had my back before. And it's not all about my son. Fact is, I was praying that he would not get the ball. #27 Story had a bead on Taylor all night long. My hat is off to him. But I don't care if the refs were from Chicago...excuse me Ref...as in singular. One ref. Not refs. One ref made all the flagrant calls...I believe their were 6 of them from seconds to go in the game through the last overtime. Everyone knows who this ref is. He could have been from Albania but he was paid off. Period. End of story. If you could have been at the Channel 11 Elite 11 banquet and heard how Kasey Marlar depicted that game then you would have known how far the flagrant calls traveled. When Taylor was interviewed by the coaches at Tusculum and Carson-Newman they all, in part of their conversation, alluded to how South was robbed in that game. Even coach Turner. Both coaching staffs were at the game.

Dude I'm over it and am looking forward to the next level. Truly. And I can say on Greenevilles behalf that they were twice the team we played at the beginning of the season. And nothing about that game was detrimental to Greeneville players character. They played clean and with honor. I mean Travon was talented but Chaz Story was the player of the game in my opinion. He rocked. But someone in a high place wanted something and he got it. And the price was merely a peanut or two to him. But I tell you now that everyone outside of Greene county knows and confesses the same story about what happened. Their is no denying from the people that were at the game.

Nevertheless you guys were the best competition we played all year. The Vikings did not hold a candle to you. Morristown East came very close but your defense was much better. You did a much better job at containing our running game. MoEast was more explosive on offense than you but not as much 4th quarter power. I would play you again any day of the week...and look forward to it because your squad is respectible. And as far as Curt is concerned...you beat us in '07 fair and square. I mean you were the better team at the beginning of the season. Now that year the Vikings were the best team we played with no argument except for Maryville and I still don't know how Volunteer beat them.

But I know you will rule your new conference and will make it to the state so good luck and I always follow your comments on the boards. Where are you going to school?

I know the Refs or Ref weren't the greatest in the game, i was there. I just hate how everyone things its always the refs fault and give no credit to Greeneville. If South's Oline wouldn't have had 3 foot splits on a FG then the game would have been over in regulation because the kick wouldn't have been blocked and if the WR from South wouldn't have dropped a wide open pass in the endzone same story. I also saw the last play in double OT on film and the South Oline got no push and the call could have went either way. It was the greatest football game i had seen in my life.

I'm at The University of Tennessee now and the Story kid that played so good took over for me when i graduated. He has made leaps and bounds since his freshman year. I had offers to play football at Maryville College and some other smaller schools but decided to hang the pads up to concentrate on my school. I hope Taylor all the luck at Charleston and Sullivan South in their new conference. Please Kill DB noone likes them!

I know the Refs or Ref weren't the greatest in the game, i was there. I just hate how everyone things its always the refs fault and give no credit to Greeneville. If South's Oline wouldn't have had 3 foot splits on a FG then the game would have been over in regulation because the kick wouldn't have been blocked and if the WR from South wouldn't have dropped a wide open pass in the endzone same story. I also saw the last play in double OT on film and the South Oline got no push and the call could have went either way. It was the greatest football game i had seen in my life.

I'm at The University of Tennessee now and the Story kid that played so good took over for me when i graduated. He has made leaps and bounds since his freshman year. I had offers to play football at Maryville College and some other smaller schools but decided to hang the pads up to concentrate on my school. I hope Taylor all the luck at Charleston and Sullivan South in their new conference. Please Kill DB noone likes them!

who is noone (i can tell you are going to U.T.) about those MEMPHIS TIGERS

Ryan...good luck at UT. Story was not that great in '07 when he was in the game. Neither was he that great in the first game in '08. Something happened to that team when they lost the QB. Something major. Very few teams recover from that kind of devistation. But not only did they recover...they reinvented the whole team. Especially the defense. Everyone is quietly saying let it go. But I guess the most appalling call of all was the play before the field goal. That one was the worst. Then the interference. Then the corner of the endzone...in that order. And yeah, it was a truly exciting game.

But Greeneville is on a new track now with their new coach and they will continue to be a load year in and year out. And that is what we wanted right? To reinvent NET. One team at a time so as to get rid of the stigma of soft NET football.

who is noone (i can tell you are going to U.T.) about those MEMPHIS TIGERS

Were are you going to school little memphis cub? NO ONE meaning every school that DB plays. All DB is good for is a doormat in the first round playoffs. I do know one thing that DB and Memphis have in commen and that is they both CHOKE when it matters!

Were are you going to school little memphis cub? NO ONE meaning every school that DB plays. All DB is good for is a doormat in the first round playoffs. I do know one thing that DB and Memphis have in commen and that is they both CHOKE when it matters!

WHOOOOOO you boys are a little touchy ,People at work told me how nutty and touchy the south fans are ,they didn't say greeneville fans are just as bad. I have never saw a DB or South game ,just pullin some hook and line. no excusses Memphis choked. but is was nice while it lasted