South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Were are you going to school little memphis cub? NO ONE meaning every school that DB plays. All DB is good for is a doormat in the first round playoffs. I do know one thing that DB and Memphis have in commen and that is they both CHOKE when it matters!

DB is the KING of the one and done in the playoffs, thats for sure. Their also the KING of upper east tennessee football. As well as the KING of Kingsport. This years South team was still in diapers the last time South beat DB. And after their next game with DB, those same South players will be back in diapers once again.

Did you know that South only has "1" win over a team west of Morristown!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Is South gonna' get new helmets this year or not? The boys club has nicer looking helmets. Do they use red lipstick to draw those S's on there? A couple of the Greenville coaches told me that "S" stood for sissy. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB is the KING of the one and done in the playoffs, thats for sure. Their also the KING of upper east tennessee football. As well as the KING of Kingsport. This years South team was still in diapers the last time South beat DB. And after their next game with DB, those same South players will be back in diapers once again.

Did you know that South only has "1" win over a team west of Morristown!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Is South gonna' get new helmets this year or not? The boys club has nicer looking helmets. Do they use red lipstick to draw those S's on there? A couple of the Greenville coaches told me that "S" stood for sissy. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Wrong...the ''S'' stands for S... IT! GOLLY GOLLY D. HARRELL IS STILL ALIVE. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How many wins does DB have outside of Regions 1 and 2 in the playoffs? DB is king of upper east tennessee football, when they have every competitive advantage over the other local teams. When it is an even playing field, the results are a lot different.

How many wins does DB have outside of Regions 1 and 2 in the playoffs? DB is king of upper east tennessee football, when they have every competitive advantage over the other local teams. When it is an even playing field, the results are a lot different.

That playing field is always even in the weeks leading up to games such as South, Tennessee High, etc. South and Tennessee High fans are always bosting about how their going to beat DB. Only after getting beat (every year) do you start whinning about not having a even playing field (every year). I remember the last time Tennessee High won a football game against DB the radio anouncer for Tennessee High cryed live on the radio after the game. I don't remember the last time South won a football game against DB. If either Tn. High or South ever does beat DB., they should make it a National Holiday. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

That playing field is always even in the weeks leading up to games such as South, Tennessee High, etc. South and Tennessee High fans are always bosting about how their going to beat DB. Only after getting beat (every year) do you start whinning about not having a even playing field (every year). I remember the last time Tennessee High won a football game against DB the radio anouncer for Tennessee High cryed live on the radio after the game. I don't remember the last time South won a football game against DB. If either Tn. High or South ever does beat DB., they should make it a National Holiday. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Would you like for the holiday to be in spring, summer, or perhaps fall? Or maybe it could coincide with the National Holiday that will be established after DB gets over the "one and done" and we could make it along weekend!!!

You didn't answer my question. South is always criticized for not beating teams west of Morristown, which is the dividing line between regions 2 and 3 in their classification. Region 2 happens to extend further west in DB's classification because there are not as many big schools. I just wanted to know how many times DB had beaten teams outside of Regions 1 and 2, which is usually brought up to diminish South's playoff accomplishments.

You didn't answer my question. South is always criticized for not beating teams west of Morristown, which is the dividing line between regions 2 and 3 in their classification. Region 2 happens to extend further west in DB's classification because there are not as many big schools. I just wanted to know how many times DB had beaten teams outside of Regions 1 and 2, which is usually brought up to diminish South's playoff accomplishments.

I didn't think I had to answer your question since you, I and everybody else in upper east tn. knows the answer. But the way you just ask that question I can tell you it has been more than once. Region 2 does stretch all the way out to Chattanooga and does cover Knoxville. DB has also played and beat teams in the Nashville area. South can't even get past Greenville anymore. You see, you never will get it. Always in your argument with DB fans you have to bring up another team that you think could beat DB because you can never use your own team in that argument. That is really lame. You have lost the argument before it even starts. As for as I know there is only one team that has DB number and that is Riverdale. I think DB and Riverdale have met twice and Riverdale has won both times. Other than that I don't think anybody else in the state has much bragging rights. So my advice to South fans is to find somebody like Happy Valley or Volunteer to pick on. You know, a team you have actually beat in the past 15 years. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I didn't think I had to answer your question since you, I and everybody else in upper east tn. knows the answer. But the way you just ask that question I can tell you it has been more than once. Region 2 does stretch all the way out to Chattanooga and does cover Knoxville. DB has also played and beat teams in the Nashville area. South can't even get past Greenville anymore. You see, you never will get it. Always in your argument with DB fans you have to bring up another team that you think could beat DB because you can never use your own team in that argument. That is really lame. You have lost the argument before it even starts. As for as I know there is only one team that has DB number and that is Riverdale. I think DB and Riverdale have met twice and Riverdale has won both times. Other than that I don't think anybody else in the state has much bragging rights. So my advice to South fans is to find somebody like Happy Valley or Volunteer to pick on. You know, a team you have actually beat in the past 15 years. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The winner from Regions 1/2 plays the winner from Regions 3/4 in the semifinals. DB has never advanced to the Finals, so they haven't beaten a team outside of Regions 1 and 2 in the playoffs, same as every other team in NET. And no, I don't include all the times DB "should have" won the state championship. I think at last count that is 3 in football, 2 in baseball and 2 in basketball. Please add any others I have left out.

The winner from Regions 1/2 plays the winner from Regions 3/4 in the semifinals. DB has never advanced to the Finals, so they haven't beaten a team outside of Regions 1 and 2 in the playoffs, same as every other team in NET. And no, I don't include all the times DB "should have" won the state championship. I think at last count that is 3 in football, 2 in baseball and 2 in basketball. Please add any others I have left out.

So now your talking about the playoffs again. In your last post you didn't say playoffs. Either way, your argument is stupid. It doesn't matter how many playoffs games DB has won or how many South or any other team in upper east tn. has lost. The bottom line is DB is the King of football in Upper East Tn. Thats my argument. Your argument that DB can't beat a team outside of Region 1 & 2 will never help South, Tennessee High, or any other team in upper east tn. beat DB. But I do realize that that's all you got. And thats sad for you.

So now your talking about the playoffs again. In your last post you didn't say playoffs. Either way, your argument is stupid. It doesn't matter how many playoffs games DB has won or how many South or any other team in upper east tn. has lost. The bottom line is DB is the King of football in Upper East Tn. Thats my argument. Your argument that DB can't beat a team outside of Region 1 & 2 will never help South, Tennessee High, or any other team in upper east tn. beat DB. But I do realize that that's all you got. And thats sad for you.

My original question was about the playoffs. I don't think I have been arguing about anything. You try to turn everything into an argument so you can start calling people names, like a child. Teams are placed in classifications based on enrollment, so I don't think South has much input on the location of other schools in their classification. The size of the student body plays a role in the strength of a football team, which is why they have classifications to begin with. DB is king of NET football, where they have a distinct advantage over almost every team they play. They should beat the smaller teams, and they are very successful at doing so. An even playnig field leaves them struggling to get out of the first round.

As far as advancing out of Regions 1 and 2, Morristown West is the only team I know of in 4A or 5A to advance to the Finals since the reclassification.

My original question was about the playoffs. I don't think I have been arguing about anything. You try to turn everything into an argument so you can start calling people names, like a child. Teams are placed in classifications based on enrollment, so I don't think South has much input on the location of other schools in their classification. The size of the student body plays a role in the strength of a football team, which is why they have classifications to begin with. DB is king of NET football, where they have a distinct advantage over almost every team they play. They should beat the smaller teams, and they are very successful at doing so. An even playnig field leaves them struggling to get out of the first round.

As far as advancing out of Regions 1 and 2, Morristown West is the only team I know of in 4A or 5A to advance to the Finals since the reclassification.

Ok , lets talk about even playing fields and enrollment and see if you can explain this. Since your so smart and all. I lost count at how many BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS DB has won in the past years playing against teams in their classifications. And also beating Science Hill like 15 years in a row, a school that has a larger enrollment than does DB. If your "ideal" that DB wins over South" just because of enrollment makes sinse, then why has South lost the last two out of three games against Greenville??? A team with a 3A enrollment. You see nothing you can say will ever change this FACT. DB is the KING of football in upper east tn. And South can't beat them.

Ok , lets talk about even playing fields and enrollment and see if you can explain this. Since your so smart and all. I lost count at how many BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS DB has won in the past years playing against teams in their classifications. And also beating Science Hill like 15 years in a row, a school that has a larger enrollment than does DB. If your "ideal" that DB wins over South" just because of enrollment makes sinse, then why has South lost the last two out of three games against Greenville??? A team with a 3A enrollment. You see nothing you can say will ever change this FACT. DB is the KING of football in upper east tn. And South can't beat them.

I don't really think you should use Science Hill football to emphasize your point. Actually, South has won 2 out of the last 3 games with Greenville. DB, on the other hand, has lost to the 4th seed from Region 2 in 3 out of the last 4 years. I am sure that is something the KING is really proud of (though from what i have read, the officials are to blame for two of those losses). /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />