South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

ha ha ha lol..... here we go again. already putting the pressure on a kid in the optimist league for being the next great running back in east tn..MY GOSH people, let them be kids!!!!! unless they are good enough for lane kiffin right now cause i think he may need a RB for next year!!

Actually 100, I believe if he wants to play for the Kiffins he better start working on it now. I do agree with you though that UT could use a RB.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satch,

Who punted for CHMS when this group was in the 8th? And who was the kicker? And if anyone knows the same for that year at Sullivan. I heard something about maybe Clint punting. I remember watching the Frosh kicker last year but can't think of his name.

I also hear we got another killer RB coming up through the Optimist ranks. can anyone tell about him? Is he out of Optimist yet and what is his name?

Comp,

This class, while at CHMS, really never had to punt. 9-0 and first champion of the newly formed Region I. I think maybe Clint did a couple of times the entire year. They pretty much put it in for 2-pts every TD as well, so I can't remember a kicker either. May they tried once or twice to shake things up, but I cant recall. They never needed a punter or a kicker, so to answer your real question... no idea who will punt or kick for South this year.

crawdad, the scheduled track meet at East was rained out. Rescheduled for Tuesday at East. Also a meet at South on Thursday.

Comp,

This class, while at CHMS, really never had to punt. 9-0 and first champion of the newly formed Region I. I think maybe Clint did a couple of times the entire year. They pretty much put it in for 2-pts every TD as well, so I can't remember a kicker either. May they tried once or twice to shake things up, but I cant recall. They never needed a punter or a kicker, so to answer your real question... no idea who will punt or kick for South this year.

crawdad, the scheduled track meet at East was rained out. Rescheduled for Tuesday at East. Also a meet at South on Thursday.

Did we have the track meet? I didn't see anything in the TN or TCS. They seem to focus on baseball. Satch and Comp, I'm especially interested in your kids performances, football players contributions, and especially the winning sprint times up through the 800m. If you post on the track thread I'll find it.

Thanks in advance. Rebel Nation.

Ok I'm back from Spring Break but all REBS are now on break!

I'm well rested and ready to fight about something... anyone want to throw in a topic? I'm not real picky---it's Monday, so we can fight about most anything. Who wants to start?

Peaceloving BobbyMama

Tell us how the track meet went. Did that bowling ball break any straws? I understand those fiberglass poles are expensive. If he breaks some, he may have to take a part-time teaching yoga!

Tell us how the track meet went. Did that bowling ball break any straws? I understand those fiberglass poles are expensive. If he breaks some, he may have to take a part-time teaching yoga!

Yeah! Crawdad thanks for entertaining me! Bobby didn't do a dang thing at the track meet because he pulled a groin muscle and is on rest for two weeks until his last combine in Atlanta. He did, however, push the blue grocery cart full of hurdles & equipment down the track and I naturally stood right up and cheered very loud and obnoxiously for him in the middle of the stands. He grumbled 'sit down, mama. This is NOT an event!' I thought perhaps they had some special Olympic grocery cart races and Bobby was a competitor. I yelled back for him not to be ashamed of his talents and I thought he was the best dang grocery cart equipment pusher ever- and cute too! Blue Duece Power! He was not impressed and did not volunteer to help with the equipment cart until I left the track.

Bobby is resting up on his spring break in Knoxville with his big sister. Babysitting him will be good birth control for her- when I left them Jess informed him that he would not be looking at girls on campus nor allowed to text any on his phone. OkeyDokey- lemme know how that's workin' for you, my girl!

Anyone hear from the baseball team in Myrtle Beach?

It's Friday and not one single person wanted to argue about anything? Start early! Don't save up till football season! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i'm back , Asked around ,heard nothing but good things about the BT family.

going to the final four for the first time I had hoped Memphis would make it, but it is a once in a life time trip. back to football i heard D.B. is laying low, but will be pretty good ,working real hard.

Tell us how the track meet went.

crawdad,

The meet was ok for a first meet. I can see good things already from the Hilton ran team. The only events I can really comment on are the sprints and sprint relays. The boys were tight in general. I was told by more than one that they felt slow and tight that day. It had gotten real cool as well as they began the meet. KK and Seth ran the 100m at almost an identical time, but both were off. Both seemed tight and slow. I was also a little scared to see Seth run so early in cool weather. He had pulled his leg a little at the NIKE in Cincy the weekend before. But, he was fine, just tight. I think it was high 11's. I'd expect to see at least 8 or 9 10ths dropped by end of the year. The 110M hurdles was the same, tight and slow. I think he was in the high 15s which will win in NET, but for state needs to be 14.8 or better. He should hit 14.9 or better by season end.

The 4X100 and 4X200 actually looked pretty good I thought. Handoffs were decent already and South ran away from everyone. The sprint relays were: KK on the anchor, Columbo on leg three, Bradley on leg two, and Seth starting out of the blocks. The football boys are doing well with track, and will only improve as the season progresses. Bradley, as we know has already signed for the next four years with Tusculum and should do great. I also hope KK and Chuck get to play at the next level. They are a steal for some colleges out there. They can both play. I've seen allot of college games over the past year while attending on unofficial visits, and I can tell you KK and Chuck can play at the next level. You gotta market your talent, baby! Add about 25 lbs to Chuck and turn him into a mean OLB. Keep KK at WR and Safety.

When Bobby returns to track, the sprint corp will get added depth and options. We need to make sure he's 100% for football primarily. We missed Fletcher at the meet. He may be focusing on preparing for college fooball this summer. Little Fletcher (Abbey - FR) is going to be a force in T&F before she graduates, and a force soon.

For the record:

The Sullivan County meet is at South on April 7th. The Rebel track team travels to Volunteer on Thursday April 9th.

crawdad,

The meet was ok for a first meet. I can see good things already from the Hilton ran team. The only events I can really comment on are the sprints and sprint relays. The boys were tight in general. I was told by more than one that they felt slow and tight that day. It had gotten real cool as well as they began the meet. KK and Seth ran the 100m at almost an identical time, but both were off. Both seemed tight and slow. I was also a little scared to see Seth run so early in cool weather. He had pulled his leg a little at the NIKE in Cincy the weekend before. But, he was fine, just tight. I think it was high 11's. I'd expect to see at least 8 or 9 10ths dropped by end of the year. The 110M hurdles was the same, tight and slow. I think he was in the high 15s which will win in NET, but for state needs to be 14.8 or better. He should hit 14.9 or better by season end.

The 4X100 and 4X200 actually looked pretty good I thought. Handoffs were decent already and South ran away from everyone. The sprint relays were: KK on the anchor, Columbo on leg three, Bradley on leg two, and Seth starting out of the blocks. The football boys are doing well with track, and will only improve as the season progresses. Bradley, as we know has already signed for the next four years with Tusculum and should do great. I also hope KK and Chuck get to play at the next level. They are a steal for some colleges out there. They can both play. I've seen allot of college games over the past year while attending on unofficial visits, and I can tell you KK and Chuck can play at the next level. You gotta market your talent, baby! Add about 25 lbs to Chuck and turn him into a mean OLB. Keep KK at WR and Safety.

When Bobby returns to track, the sprint corp will get added depth and options. We need to make sure he's 100% for football primarily. We missed Fletcher at the meet. He may be focusing on preparing for college fooball this summer. Little Fletcher (Abbey - FR) is going to be a force in T&F before she graduates, and a force soon.

For the record:

The Sullivan County meet is at South on April 7th. The Rebel track team travels to Volunteer on Thursday April 9th.

Satch...#15 was recovering from a tender hamstring (same ole story...it's called not stretching) and didn't compete. And Track IS preparing for college football!...in my book. Was dying to see him push #1 in the hurdles. As for Lil' Fletch...she was way off the mark. First meet...no one to push her. 66 in the 400. She ran consistant 62's in the 8th grade and a 61 in the City Meet. She is still learning the hurdles even though she won. And the LJ was 14 I believe. There were girls jumping that in MS. She didn't get to run the 200 and I removed her from the last relay in order to drive to AAU BBall practice in Chilhowie that same evening. Racing improves the breed. How do we make them understand that stretching...intense stretching is the only prevention for injury? Know it all candies!

i'm back , Asked around ,heard nothing but good things about the BT family.

going to the final four for the first time I had hoped Memphis would make it, but it is a once in a life time trip. back to football i heard D.B. is laying low, but will be pretty good ,working real hard.

Memphis...South will enter the fall '09 campaign with little fanfare. Their spring practice will be uneventful with all QB's playing baseball. And with Stacy's philosophy of scheduling weak teams for summer scrimmages we again will begin the season with a lot of criticism. His reasoning is to use scrimmages for QB/WR timing seeing as how that is the single most critical issue to a spread team. The line is set. The RB's are set. So I don't disagree with his thinking after watching his mentality work for 4 years. All Southers on this board will once again be spewing forth nothing less than championship quality personnel and expecting nothing less. After all...Rebel is not exactly a humble nomenclature.

Even though it is said that the Indians are weak for '09 they always seem to have a knack for putting together a winning program when they are supposed to be weak. Everyone will expect their best I'm sure. I can assure you South will give you all you want.

It will be a good year for the fans of NET.