South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Attention all Reb Playas, Moms, Dads, Cousins, Aunts, Brothers, friends and grandparents:

I'm starting "Yoga for Athletes" next week at house. We will practice on the top of the hill behind the house at sunset 2 days a week. This sport specific stretch routine is ideal for off season recovery phase and on season competition season to speed recovery, prevent injury enhance performance and increase your range of motion and total body flexibility. I adhere to the principle that regular yoga practice provides enhanced athletic conditioning, improves balance and concentration and reduces the chance of injury. I will teach various bending and twisting exercises for spine, hips and hamstrings. "Conditioning" steps up the energy level with balancing poses and bends, and the final "Integration" session combines several different seated and reclined moves that provide conditioning for the hips. Bobby Taylor really wanted me to start these before and offer them during spring workouts since that??™s when most injuries occur.

I have Stacy Carter??™s blessing and his attendance at times to work on his own back pain. We have plenty of room and wide open space. The work out is open to Dads & Moms or other family members who want to improve flexibility and get in shape! Bring a mat or beach towel, water bottle and a clear mind. Just watching the sunset on top of the hill overlooking Gray is magical in itself. Talk about it and I??™ll post my schedule tomorrow. Anyone is welcome to attend??”but no crying like a little girl (it scares my horses & cows!)

PS: I??™m pretty certain my husband will not be anywhere in near my yoga instruction, but don??™t let that stop the rest of you studly dads! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dahlia Lama Bobby & Yogi Mama

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satch...#15 was recovering from a tender hamstring (same ole story...it's called not stretching) and didn't compete. And Track IS preparing for college football!...in my book. Was dying to see him push #1 in the hurdles. As for Lil' Fletch...she was way off the mark. First meet...no one to push her. 66 in the 400. She ran consistant 62's in the 8th grade and a 61 in the City Meet. She is still learning the hurdles even though she won. And the LJ was 14 I believe. There were girls jumping that in MS. She didn't get to run the 200 and I removed her from the last relay in order to drive to AAU BBall practice in Chilhowie that same evening. Racing improves the breed. How do we make them understand that stretching...intense stretching is the only prevention for injury? Know it all candies!

comp,

I suspected that #15 was nursing a minor nagging injury. I just didn't want to overspeak, not knowing for sure. I just don't know what is involved with getting ready to depart for college football. Wasn't sure.

I wish #15 would run the hurdles as well. There was no one there to push #1 and you know what happens.... a slow time. They will feed off each other. I would have liked to have seen KK and #1 run in the same heet of the 100M as well. No one pushed either of them in their heets and almost identical, and slow, times.

Oh, and I agree about Track helping football. And who knows, track might just be a way for a kid to attend college /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .

As far as lil' Fletcher goes, I can see it. She'll pick up as the season goes on.

Stretching...? Stretching seems to be a foreign word for us.

Attention all Reb Playas, Moms, Dads, Cousins, Aunts, Brothers, friends and grandparents:

I'm starting "Yoga for Athletes" next week at house. We will practice on the top of the hill behind the house at sunset 2 days a week. This sport specific stretch routine is ideal for off season recovery phase and on season competition season to speed recovery, prevent injury enhance performance and increase your range of motion and total body flexibility. I adhere to the principle that regular yoga practice provides enhanced athletic conditioning, improves balance and concentration and reduces the chance of injury. I will teach various bending and twisting exercises for spine, hips and hamstrings. "Conditioning" steps up the energy level with balancing poses and bends, and the final "Integration" session combines several different seated and reclined moves that provide conditioning for the hips. Bobby Taylor really wanted me to start these before and offer them during spring workouts since that??™s when most injuries occur.

I have Stacy Carter??™s blessing and his attendance at times to work on his own back pain. We have plenty of room and wide open space. The work out is open to Dads & Moms or other family members who want to improve flexibility and get in shape! Bring a mat or beach towel, water bottle and a clear mind. Just watching the sunset on top of the hill overlooking Gray is magical in itself. Talk about it and I??™ll post my schedule tomorrow. Anyone is welcome to attend??”but no crying like a little girl (it scares my horses & cows!)

PS: I??™m pretty certain my husband will not be anywhere in near my yoga instruction, but don??™t let that stop the rest of you studly dads! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dahlia Lama Bobby & Yogi Mama

I think I'll hang with the husband. I wouldn't want to get in too good a shape.

I know it's early but is there any college interest yet for the '09's?

Yes! I'm interested in sending two or three of my kids this week if possible!! THEY'RE DRIVING US CRAZY!!!! I'm taking the fourth graders to take the ACT test on Saturday. Don't even tell me they're too young........

Seriously though, BT has a couple of camp invites. One more combine this weekend in Nashville. Have forced him to rest the muscle pull for three weeks hoping for a better 40 time this week. His January times were much better obviously than the last two combines. Have been slow in getting highlight video out but will be pushing hard on that over the next few weeks. Will also have film from one of the combines to use shortly once they get it to us.

Thanks Comp for all your pointers along the way. Still have not seen your final highlight film you did for 15. If you get a chance send one with him to get to us. Would like to see it before we finalize ours.

Yes! I'm interested in sending two or three of my kids this week if possible!! THEY'RE DRIVING US CRAZY!!!! I'm taking the fourth graders to take the ACT test on Saturday. Don't even tell me they're too young........

Seriously though, BT has a couple of camp invites. One more combine this weekend in Nashville. Have forced him to rest the muscle pull for three weeks hoping for a better 40 time this week. His January times were much better obviously than the last two combines. Have been slow in getting highlight video out but will be pushing hard on that over the next few weeks. Will also have film from one of the combines to use shortly once they get it to us.

Thanks Comp for all your pointers along the way. Still have not seen your final highlight film you did for 15. If you get a chance send one with him to get to us. Would like to see it before we finalize ours.

I have you a copy at the office. I actually have a few. You can pick it up tomorrow. I'll tell my girls. #15 is too unreliable. The pointers...it's just the stuff Jim Phillips passed along to me. Well, most of it anyway. Speaking of which...can you wait to see Curt on TV this fall?! I hope Clint is all patched up. He will be the glue on the D.

There are opportunities afoot. Yell at me sometime comp. Maybe grab dinner at R's next to your office. Rather not go into that here.

It's a date! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Rebels' Fans, the Pigskin Parents page is looking good with all preseason activities and games on the calendar. Nice job guys and gals! Looks like Elizabethton and Jefferson County for scrimmages.

Agreed. Nice job.

http://www.eteamz.com/pigskinparents/index.cfm? Here is the link for the Pigskin Parents page. A couple of upcoming freshmen parents I talked to this week were not aware of the site so here it is. There is a form for reserved parking available on the site. Buy one and help support the team!

Agreed. Nice job.

http://www.eteamz.com/pigskinparents/index.cfm? Here is the link for the Pigskin Parents page. A couple of upcoming freshmen parents I talked to this week were not aware of the site so here it is. There is a form for reserved parking available on the site. Buy one and help support the team!

I have purchased (donated) a Reserved Parking Pass to the PSParents for the last 2 years and it's the best way to support the team. 100% goes straight to the boys football program, as there is zero costs to the PSParent Org.

It is a great gift, as well, to someone who is handycapped, or for older fans of whom you do not want to see walking thru the parking lot in the dark with the traffic coming and going. It allows you to park right up front, even if you arrive in the 1st or 2nd Qtr of play. You get priority leaving the parking lots, as well, after the game. I have shared mine in the past with friends who were coming into town and arriving late (so that they would not miss any of the game) with people that I've invited to the game, with older friends who can't get around well. Buy 2, one for you and one for the grandparents. Again 100% goes to the boys.

I have purchased (donated) a Reserved Parking Pass to the PSParents for the last 2 years and it's the best way to support the team. 100% goes straight to the boys football program, as there is zero costs to the PSParent Org.

It is a great gift, as well, to someone who is handycapped, or for older fans of whom you do not want to see walking thru the parking lot in the dark with the traffic coming and going. It allows you to park right up front, even if you arrive in the 1st or 2nd Qtr of play. You get priority leaving the parking lots, as well, after the game. I have shared mine in the past with friends who were coming into town and arriving late (so that they would not miss any of the game) with people that I've invited to the game, with older friends who can't get around well. Buy 2, one for you and one for the grandparents. Again 100% goes to the boys.

And for the DB game you will want a parking pass!

There are opportunities afoot. Yell at me sometime comp. Maybe grab dinner at R's next to your office. Rather not go into that here.

I'm down wid da grub at R's and talking Rebel football. Do you guys do threesomes? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />