South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on first day in pads?

Me & cowgirls dropped by after practice and they all say it went better that they expected--- which means, they lived! E Money said Bobby had to play some QB for our BB boys that were out. He said Bobby actually did a pretty good job for a fill in. I, of course, asked who ran around after Bobby with the step stool so he could see over the line to throw. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I think Coach Hitler made his boys run pretty hard...Lil' Satch yelled to me "Mama, I need some YOGA--- I feel fragile!" and then they all headed to Long John Silver and the ball game. Whatever all that top secret information is worth... ha.

BMama

Need to bump this, as The Rebels need to be on top.

Anyone seen the practices or have they been curtailed by the weather?

Any young-uns showing promise? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just read on GoVolsXtra.com where Knox West has a D-1 prospect at DE. 6-5, 235, Austin Sowell has received interest from half the SEC as well as Stanford and North Carolina. I hope Coach Haynie is ironing out our zone blocking schemes. This guy sounds like he will present quite a challenge on opening night on the road.

REBEL NATION!!

Well the time has come to start spring practice....lets just see what lies ahead!!! ROLL REBELS its time we get ready to kick DB's ####!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Good luck with that "rebelredneck'. if you can't beat Greenville, what makes you think you can beat the beast of the east? I just hope the game is close. I know it's early to be talking smack but, what the heck. Roll Tribe Roll...................

Good luck with that "rebelredneck'. if you can't beat Greenville, what makes you think you can beat the beast of the east? I just hope the game is close. I know it's early to be talking smack but, what the heck. Roll Tribe Roll...................

dbfan91,well after all these years we've come up with a way to beat DB...its top secret...well no its not the whole state of TN knows how to beat DB by now. Here it is all you have to do is put a sign up outside the stadium that says(TONIGHT IS THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS and DB will lose every time!!!l lol now thats funny I don't care if I did say it.But you know I don't think we will need it,you better tell ya boys they better tighten thier chinstraps extra good...because its going to be a long night. Now thats talking smack but is all in fun!!!ROLL REBEL NATION. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

dbfan91,well after all these years we've come up with a way to beat DB...its top secret...well no its not the whole state of TN knows how to beat DB by now. Here it is all you have to do is put a sign up outside the stadium that says(TONIGHT IS THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS and DB will lose every time!!!l lol now thats funny I don't care if I did say it.But you know I don't think we will need it,you better tell ya boys they better tighten thier chinstraps extra good...because its going to be a long night. Now thats talking smack but is all in fun!!!ROLL REBEL NATION. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

What will the backfield consist of this year at South? I sure would like to see Jordan be the man to carry the rock this year. I sure miss watching him and CS in the backfield working together. They were the perfect compliment to each other. "Thunder and Lightning" Maybe we can watch both run for 200 yds. and 4 td's each in a DB 31-28 win in October. Roll Tribe...................

What will the backfield consist of this year at South? I sure would like to see Jordan be the man to carry the rock this year. I sure miss watching him and CS in the backfield working together. They were the perfect compliment to each other. "Thunder and Lightning" Maybe we can watch both run for 200 yds. and 4 td's each in a DB 31-28 win in October. Roll Tribe...................

The backfield will be Bobby and Jordan and Brent Hubbard,with St Claire leading the way at qb we will be pretty strong on offense and even stronger on the defense side of the ball...we have some head hunters.Jordan and Bobby have looked pretty strong so far,maybe Jordan and Bobby will have 200yds each with 6tds between them.I just don't see Chris getting 200yds against our defense...I may be wrong but I don't think so,it should be a great game.Jordan and Chris where hard to stop together...Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like had Jordan stayed at DB.I don't think there's a defense that was capable of stopping Jordan and Chris together THE THUNDER AND LIGHTNING SHOW....Maybe Jordan and Bobby together might just bring back alot of memories.....Bobby Thunder and Jordan Lightning........ Roll Rebels ....Rebel Nation Rocks!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Sssupp Bud. Everybody kinda' disappeared. If you want a good fight you got to have Cap1, Volman, ArtVandalay, Maroonandgrey, Plowboy. Then you see a good fight with 04 to moderate it.

I may not speak for everyone anymore but I would imagine DB to be the pinicle. There's no wanting to beat Greeneville...they will kill them. Knox West? You tell me. Probably, it's more important than DB in a statewide view. Seeing as how DB's stock has fallen to an all time low. Bristol is supposed to be bad but the South D will be recognized statewide. Bristol will fall to the Rebels. Another good O that will slam points on the board. I (as said previously) expect Science Hill to breakout for '09. And Virginia? Well that's where we all came from. But sorry...this ain't their year.

There were no doubts about the '08 Rebels. Everyone knew they had it all even before summer drills began. For '09 there are a couple of questionables and so many will be conservative for that reason. No die hard Rebel is conservative. Hang it out and go for broke. Again, all bases are covered...from here on out it's a mental game. And the mental game seems to be our downfall so hopefully we've learned our lesson...10-0 from my view. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Great to see this Board up and rocking. Been on the road for a few months. My initial view, w/o any knowledge of spring practice:

South would rather beat D-B than G'ville but the reverse will actually happen. The Devils' forced departure of Coach Mac and the controversy down there with the Principal and Mr. N spells deep trouble for that program. It is a good thing they got their turf in last year. Also, a bad decision by the school to not play up.

The Vikes will have a hard time beating South in a meaningful game as long as Stubbs and Carter are the respective coaches. Carter and the Rebels have the Vikings number; it is mental now. Other than that, the Vikings will be tough, maybe even 8-2.

Boone will surprise. They have a pretty talented group of Sophs and Juniors; the Blazers are probably a year away.

The Hill may very well end the drought against the Tribe. Although at J Fred, it will be very tough. Gilligan is building his program and they may well come to co-dominate AAA in NET along with D-B over the next five years. Of course, that would make imminent sense, as they are the two largest schools.

Early Take on Standings for 2009

The Hill

THS

D-B

South

Boone

Volunteer

Central

Crockett

By the way, I don't know the intricacies of the playoff tiebreakers when you split to AAA-D5 and AAA-D6. Let's say, in conference, THS finished 6-2 with a loss to Science Hill and South and South finished 6-2 with losses to Science Hill and D-B but a win over THS. When you seed for AAA-D5, who gets the #1 seed?

Glad spring practice is here.