South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Like Comp said originally, not the most talent, but if you want to win ,it started with Josef. He was a gamer,undeniably the consummate winner. He was always thinking ahead and getting in his opponent's head. He was always ready emotionally and able to fire up his team-mates. As much as South fans despised him, they all appreciated what he was able to accomplish. I for one miss his passion for the game. Not many in high school play at that level.

At least my homie understands what I was trying to say. Adonis was super talented and he was a hard worker but he didn't have to. Lamon Williams was exciting to watch but he was a thug in the mold of Michael and Marcus Vick. Duran Ferguson...too lazy to reach his true potential. Josef was a fighter every play every second. Aaaahhh, who cares. The people who can read will understand what I meant. "Not many play at that level" huh!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize, I took it out.

No problem SR21, You'll fit in fine here . Welcome to the T at REBEL NATION .

Yep cyclones Friday . Should be a good match-up. I believe they have plenty of speed returning and some good skill people. I would expect them to have a very good team next fall.

OK...what were Teddy's numbers at UT? Teddy was a track guy. Yeah, he got to play a little. The best athlete in years (not the best talent) to come out of Highland High was Josef Throp. Yeah, he was a loud mouth but he played lock down corner and didn't take no static. Fulmer missed many people through the years. BJ Coleman...what a joke. He should have taken the Cobb kid or Curt Phillips. Both of which would have played.

Teddy was a force. Leave it to Fulmer to change him from his best (reciever) to a defensive back. In high school he could play anywhere, cause he was so fast. But catching the ball and burning you was his tea. UT blew it there. Ut also blew it not taking Curt who in my opinion was a 5 star had he played in a big city. All of the Throp kids were amazing. They always made plays when they were needed.

From 2006

D-B beat the clock with an unusual TD play as the first half ended. Josef Throp, holding for a 28-yard field goal attempt by Mikey Alley, had to reach for the snap. He tucked the ball in and won a footrace to the pylon for a 30-0 lead.

"The snap was high,'' Throp said. "I had to stand to get it. I knew it would be close but I ran for the end zone.''

If South is going to beat DB in football, this is the year to do it. But good lord, Science Hill does have some ugly colors.

Yeah, I hate it for the Richardson clan also. They had the goods this year. Science Hill seems to be dominating everything in these hills except for the pigskin. I believe it to be our job to make sure that continues. RebelRed was correct. WW has transcended to WR leaving JC to support Bobeye with BH as backup. Bad thing about spring ball is it's a ripe time for injuries. Hope everyone stays healthy. No viable backup QB behind Heath disturbs me. I'm sure Stacy will be eyes wide open for an apprentice. Volman, there's your que. Understand Cody is out. Hope that works out. Brent Hubbard, you are the man in the hot seat now. Things can go south quickly...I hope you are ready.

I'm with you Comp. You know HH has always been my man from his days at the Heights. But, the Saint has earned his stripes and will do a good job if possible. I don't see a proven QB in the rising soph. class. But, you've got me thinking MC might be the next great thing outta QB High. Let's see what they do with him on the freshman squad.

Are they gonna' change their helmets this year? Those are the uglyest helmets in high school football.

But, Waco, we can BUY new helmets....you're stuck looking like that forever.

Bobby has a new helmet actually---looks like something from Star Wars--- very Michigan style but same REBEL style/color....

I added the lipstick "S" for the kiss of death just for you Waco. You'll be seeing it right before the lights go out.

The new RED REBEL color is called RebelGate....designed by me & VMS. Don't be sad. Just beware. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

'SMoooooooochy...

BMama

But, Waco, we can BUY new helmets....you're stuck looking like that forever.

Bobby has a new helmet actually---looks like something from Star Wars--- very Michigan style but same REBEL style/color....

I added the lipstick "S" for the kiss of death just for you Waco. You'll be seeing it right before the lights go out.

The new RED REBEL color is called RebelGate....designed by me & VMS. Don't be sad. Just beware. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

'SMoooooooochy...

BMama

RebelGate... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...That'd be like HadesGate when the lights go out. And they will go out. What say you Mama D...44-0?

Teddy was a force. Leave it to Fulmer to change him from his best (reciever) to a defensive back. In high school he could play anywhere, cause he was so fast. But catching the ball and burning you was his tea. UT blew it there. Ut also blew it not taking Curt who in my opinion was a 5 star had he played in a big city. All of the Throp kids were amazing. They always made plays when they were needed.

From 2006

D-B beat the clock with an unusual TD play as the first half ended. Josef Throp, holding for a 28-yard field goal attempt by Mikey Alley, had to reach for the snap. He tucked the ball in and won a footrace to the pylon for a 30-0 lead.

"The snap was high,'' Throp said. "I had to stand to get it. I knew it would be close but I ran for the end zone.''

If South is going to beat DB in football, this is the year to do it. But good lord, Science Hill does have some ugly colors.

Bud, did they put Teddy at DB immediately? Because I don't remember seeing him run a route in Knoxville. And what they have done with Crompton is akin to Slingblade.

I'm with you Comp. You know HH has always been my man from his days at the Heights. But, the Saint has earned his stripes and will do a good job if possible. I don't see a proven QB in the rising soph. class. But, you've got me thinking MC might be the next great thing outta QB High. Let's see what they do with him on the freshman squad.

I forgot to add that there might be a possibility also of a city transfer at the QB position for our upcoming freshman class. If this happens, we won't have to worry about MC playing at the QB spot. We can put him at RB along with our transfer from Holston and the backfield is cooking with grease! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />