South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

being far and balanced ,good soccer story about south soccer "modelcitysports.com" just trying to help a young man getting started I'm really the ghost of "Pete Franklin" an old radio sports host

Give it up Hallowwood. All you guys are doing is copying articles from other papers/websites. It's a freaking joke of a website. You'll probably end up getting sued for copyrights! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marchett Barnes hugely overrated? First of CPU Man (you know I am ribbing you here) Marchez Barnes was not rated high. He was maybe a D III player, but a pretty good high school player and he was not on any radar so he could not have been overrated. This kid from MUS sounds and looks pretty solid. I have not heard if he is really coming here or not. But to say DB is a bad choice? Maybe he has no choice. Remember he is a minor and must go where his family takes him and that is probably going to be where a job is. If you aare saying any area school is a bteer choice then DB, forget it. South can get far in the playoffs only because they play other uppereast TN schools until the upper rounds. DB plays out of area teams in round one sometimes. DB has been to the semis 3 times in 11 years. South has been once. End of story. Until you have more then one win over a school west of Morristown, you have no room to bash DB that has many, many wins in out of the area. DB has choked in the first round of late, but the teams that beat DB are equal to the teams that South might see in the semis or even the big game.

The Marchez Barnes thing really got my goat because he walked in and took top seed for RB when IMO wasn't any better than anybody else. I don't recall Andrew Pappas getting a carry all year. And now the politicos have found another way to use their influence. It's no wonder athletes want to leave the Tribe and go elswhere. I have respect for DB's history and you know that but there are so very few Indians that have room in their conversation for anyone else around here. Yes, they are an icon but it just makes people want to bash them in anticipation of common attitude. Yes, I know you call it as you see it and when you speak I listen and when it is waranted you give praise where it is earned. As well Batman tries to be a diplomat. But for people like SarahPalin who with their condecinding view of anyone outside the Indian compound look for any and all chances to bash the Rebel Nation then it leaves I/we with little patience. Besides...you know I'm just trying to start a fire to get people ready for football season. It's all in fun but so many of the Tribe take it personal. That said yes, we embarrassed ourselves in Greeneville. And DB being as good a school as MUS? I'm sure you know what kind of people attend MUS. As well the cost. And to drop hat and move to Kingsport...makes me go hmmmmm.

And to get past Morristown this year might be a larger task than understood. MoEast will field their best team in years and will be gunning for South should they make it that far.

Give it up Hallowwood. All you guys are doing is copying articles from other papers/websites. It's a freaking joke of a website. You'll probably end up getting sued for copyrights! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

how long did it take you to come up with that ,sure can't fool Deloris

how do you think coacht get there articles , you an idiot Deloris

The Marchez Barnes thing really got my goat because he walked in and took top seed for RB when IMO wasn't any better than anybody else. I don't recall Andrew Pappas getting a carry all year. And now the politicos have found another way to use their influence. It's no wonder athletes want to leave the Tribe and go elswhere. I have respect for DB's history and you know that but there are so very few Indians that have room in their conversation for anyone else around here. Yes, they are an icon but it just makes people want to bash them in anticipation of common attitude. Yes, I know you call it as you see it and when you speak I listen and when it is waranted you give praise where it is earned. As well Batman tries to be a diplomat. But for people like SarahPalin who with their condecinding view of anyone outside the Indian compound look for any and all chances to bash the Rebel Nation then it leaves I/we with little patience. Besides...you know I'm just trying to start a fire to get people ready for football season. It's all in fun but so many of the Tribe take it personal. That said yes, we embarrassed ourselves in Greeneville. And DB being as good a school as MUS? I'm sure you know what kind of people attend MUS. As well the cost. And to drop hat and move to Kingsport...makes me go hmmmmm.

And to get past Morristown this year might be a larger task than understood. MoEast will field their best team in years and will be gunning for South should they make it that far.

compusatman i respect your op. but like i said i've been carp fishing and i caught some big one's

i'm going to start calling you spot after that old dog that can dish it but can't take , here spot here spot, ah i like Deloris better ,what about spotted Deloris

i almost forgot there is a rumor coming out of memphis that Barry Brunetti from Memphis uni, shcool won 2-aa is transferring to D.B. he is a mid D-1 prospect. eastman must have brought in a new V.P.(mississppi st. , Duke, MTSU. and Memphis have offered scholarships

This is just another one of those "upper east tn." rumors. And of course it appears on a South thread. There is a bunch of top D1 schools looking at this guy. If his parents moved him to any upper east tn school for his senior season they should be jailed for ignorance. Clark would probably move him to linebacker.

Can you please explain how I was condescending to South folks? I wasn't trying to be.

hey Deloris have you ever heard of "Anchoring" - check with btmoms daughter ,she is studying law ,maybe she can explain it . i bet you are glad you can't be sued for being an idiot ,you would be broke

Crawdad...I put no stock whatsoever in spring ball. I assume you were there and even though there were highlights overall they need work. They will be ready come August. You'll see. It will come together. I have faith in the boss and the system. Who will the leader be...because you can't go no where without a leader. I think Heath was a highlight...he looked the part.

Spring ball doesnt mean anything. That is true. So it is good we take little from this scrimmge for either the Rebs or Clones. We need to keep in mind, this Rebel team was without BOTH potential All-State LBs, Garvin and Phillips, D1 prospect Big 'ole Jake Logue only played a couple of series, Juggernaut Bobby is just getting back after a groin pull, Speed Merchant Seth is out as well healing the hammy, and many of the key players including Zman Zanoni and Haden have only had 4-5 days back since baseball ran so long. They looked fine. I do wonder if Betsy has dropped off a bit since last year and this helped the Rebs' cause. Didn't look like the bus from Elizabethton brought many this year.

But, I'll tell you the player that looked good, that would be the Saint. Every single player on this team trusts him and HE will Lead. This is what the Rebs' need. He won't throw everyone on his back and run in victorys like Curt did. But he'll guide his team as one unit, implementing the right plays and personal when needed and when best. This kid walked off the baseball field and was audibling to better plays in practice on day 1. Heath looked good too. It's nice knowing Heath will be there if and when needed. He's another smart QB/Field General, like the Saint. He'll get a bunch of 2nd half time. 2nd half time with the Rebs can be as extensive as a starting QB position at most schools. I noticed thrown balls from both the Saint and Haden have the same trajectory/spin/look to them. What I mean is the spin is nice and tight with the nose slightly up. Curt's ball was like that with more gitty-up, which I am told is easier to catch. But, hey, I'm just an old DE.

The Rebs running game will be good again as Bobby is hard to handle. Looks like there will be backups to spare as well. I believe the passing game has the potential to be better in '09 as the open WR will be found and hit... short or DEEP. The Saint showed his arm well in the scrimmage. Passes from the Saint have wise direction and calculated intention. The Reb D will be extremely tough across the line, at LB, and in defensive backfield. Long and Solt looked good, and are ready to go. Dillon and Jake will be very very good, they welcome the brave qb who brings the option their way... here's a hint, better pitch it fast. A defensive tackle who's probably 6'5" 250+lbs, strong as a bull, and ran a 4.3 shuttle at the Nike combine is downright scary. I also am looking forward to seeing JC Garvin stepping up to the varsity level. He could be bigger than Ty and he'll be stud just like older brother. Come August, things will be fun.... and yes, should be another long season with another deep run.

Spring ball doesnt mean anything. That is true. So it is good we take little from this scrimmge for either the Rebs or Clones. We need to keep in mind, this Rebel team was without BOTH potential All-State LBs, Garvin and Phillips, D1 prospect Big 'ole Jake Logue only played a couple of series, Juggernaut Bobby is just getting back after a groin pull, Speed Merchant Seth is out as well healing the hammy, and many of the key players including Zman Zanoni and Haden have only had 4-5 days back since baseball ran so long. They looked fine. I do wonder if Betsy has dropped off a bit since last year and this helped the Rebs' cause. Didn't look like the bus from Elizabethton brought many this year.

But, I'll tell you the player that looked good, that would be the Saint. Every single player on this team trusts him and HE will Lead. This is what the Rebs' need. He won't throw everyone on his back and run in victorys like Curt did. But he'll guide his team as one unit, implementing the right plays and personal when needed and when best. This kid walked off the baseball field and was audibling to better plays in practice on day 1. Heath looked good too. It's nice knowing Heath will be there if and when needed. He's another smart QB/Field General, like the Saint. He'll get a bunch of 2nd half time. 2nd half time with the Rebs can be as extensive as a starting QB position at most schools. I noticed thrown balls from both the Saint and Haden have the same trajectory/spin/look to them. What I mean is the spin is nice and tight with the nose slightly up. Curt's ball was like that with more gitty-up, which I am told is easier to catch. But, hey, I'm just an old DE.

The Rebs running game will be good again as Bobby is hard to handle. Looks like there will be backups to spare as well. I believe the passing game has the potential to be better in '09 as the open WR will be found and hit... short or DEEP. The Saint showed his arm well in the scrimmage. Passes from the Saint have wise direction and calculated intention. The Reb D will be extremely tough across the line, at LB, and in defensive backfield. Long and Solt looked good, and are ready to go. Dillon and Jake will be very very good, they welcome the brave qb who brings the option their way... here's a hint, better pitch it fast. A defensive tackle who's probably 6'5" 250+lbs, strong as a bull, and ran a 4.3 shuttle at the Nike combine is downright scary. I also am looking forward to seeing JC Garvin stepping up to the varsity level. He could be bigger than Ty and he'll be stud just like older brother. Come August, things will be fun.... and yes, should be another long season with another deep run.

I think it is safe to say...South will have the best defense for '09 it has had in the history of the school. I think it is safe to say that Jake Logue, Dillon Hammonds, Ty Garvin, and (Dr.) Clint Phillips are all preseason All Staters. I think it is safe to say that Stacy has built a reputation of producing one of the best offenses in the state year after year and '09 will be no different but for '09 defense will be the '09 Rebels claim to fame. I think it is safe to say that defense wins championships.