Westmoreland head coach:Jackie Kelly is stepping down

Eag4LIFE

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to say thanks alot for the great years and dedication to the Westmoreland football program coach Kelly. I just hope the next man will have as much integrity and emphasis on moral values and work ethic as you did coach. You are highly respected by many people who you have coached. I also hope that the next coach will take winning as serious as you did. I know the time and effort you put in having a good football program. I also know the pride you took in taking care of the facilities such as the football field and wieghtroom. Just wish you could have stayed around long enough to coach my sons. You will be missed.

Yes. Coach Kelly will be staying with Westmoreland too teach and says that he will no longer be coaching.but says he will be the number 1 Eagle supporter as long as he lives.in my mind im pretty sure he will still come to practices an im sure every game.Their is no way i think he will b able to stay away too long.I jus hope whoever the new coach is thats coming in will b able to be as great or even better as coach Kelly is. The principal is meeting with football players tommorow on new coaching possiblities i jus wonder if another West. coach will take over or if someone new will be coming.ill get the info and post tommorow

Yes. Coach Kelly will be staying with Westmoreland too teach and says that he will no longer be coaching.but says he will be the number 1 Eagle supporter as long as he lives.in my mind im pretty sure he will still come to practices an im sure every game.Their is no way i think he will b able to stay away too long.I jus hope whoever the new coach is thats coming in will b able to be as great or even better as coach Kelly is. The principal is meeting with football players tommorow on new coaching possiblities i jus wonder if another West. coach will take over or if someone new will be coming.ill get the info and post tommorow

I dont wanna see coach go :/ But I'll bet anything its going to be Coach Graves, or Harris

Today Mr. Oldham met with the football team and said that the job will be posted for ten days and its open to anyone that he will be interviewing people.and he says that he most likely will have a new coach middle of February.The way he talked someone would be coming in to coach the team.I jus hope that the new coach can bring moral values and care for the kids like coach Kelly did.

Being the devout Eagle fan that I am and sure many more are, it would be interesting to know how many and who was interested in this job. I have already been told by a reliable source that several coaches were already very interested in this position. I would think Westmoreland would be a good place for a coach to go especially with the program winning the way they have been. They do lose alot of players this year but in my mind, come into the next season with lots of experience and some good young talent on the rise. Biggest freshman class ever in school history to my knowledge. The different competition we face will be a challenge, but I look at it like this, we play Macon Co. every year already and are very competitive with them. We also play Greenbrier in scrimmages and look to me to compete very well in that every summer. Sycamore is basically on the same level as Greenbrier from what I gather of them. However, I have never seen them play. White House and Goodpasture are definitely the 2 teams to beat but I think we could win 1 of the 2 at least some years. I think if Westmoreland can get someone that puts as much time and effort as coach Kelly did we will be just fine in the new district. On the other hand, if you get somebody as coach that slacks up just the least bit it could be bad for a program that has its success due to out working people. In my mind Westmoreland is never going to out athlete anybody they have to out work their opponents.