Whats going on with the Wartburg Lady Dogs?

bballpain

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, you have to consider they ran into an Oneida girls team that is playing pretty well right now. My sources tell me that it would not have made a difference, in the first half, if Fountain had played. Oneida played a nearly flawless first half, and the score certainly indicated as much. (42 -19) It looked like J. Davis played a variety of players, that each did a pretty solid job on the floor, but I wouldn't say anyone particularly "distinguished" themselves over anyone else. Still, at "60%"....Armes was clearly the Lady Bulldogs best option. Fountain is certainly a very good player too, and I'm sure her coach will gladly put her back on the floor when she is healthy! You folks are nuts if you think Davis isn't playing the right personnel, it is just some of your little babies ain't as great as you make them out to be! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Take that how you may.....it is probaby a little harsh as statements go, but it is true!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Plus, you have to consider they ran into an Oneida girls team that is playing pretty well right now. My sources tell me that it would not have made a difference, in the first half, if Fountain had played. Oneida played a nearly flawless first half, and the score certainly indicated as much. (42 -19) It looked like J. Davis played a variety of players, that each did a pretty solid job on the floor, but I wouldn't say anyone particularly "distinguished" themselves over anyone else. Still, at "60%"....Armes was clearly the Lady Bulldogs best option. Fountain is certainly a very good player too, and I'm sure her coach will gladly put her back on the floor when she is healthy! You folks are nuts if you think Davis isn't playing the right personnel, it is just some of your little babies ain't as great as you make them out to be! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Take that how you may.....it is probaby a little harsh as statements go, but it is true!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

As usual Kaz you hit the nail squarely on the head! Harsh, yes, but true, absolutely!

COACHING

You're right! I don't think it has a thing to do with not having Fountian and Armes.

Where would any other team in the district be without their two best players? You just don't like the coach so you pile on when things get bad. I don't remember you getting on here and giving the kids or the coach any positive comments when they were playing well early in the year.

I agree with kaz for the most part I just think that the team is now in a scramble mode to find new pieces of the puzzle and that isnt very easy.

I thought that his coaching adjustments were pretty good last night they won the second half 40-31 I think.

You're right! I don't think it has a thing to do with not having Fountian and Armes.

Where would any other team in the district be without their two best players? You just don't like the coach so you pile on when things get bad. I don't remember you getting on here and giving the kids or the coach any positive comments when they were playing well early in the year.

I agree with kaz for the most part I just think that the team is now in a scramble mode to find new pieces of the puzzle and that isnt very easy.

I thought that his coaching adjustments were pretty good last night they won the second half 40-31 I think.

The only reason we won the secon half is that oneida put their younger kids in the game with 6 min to go, the lady indians have a good team

I break it down like this we emphasize 4 things in our system and they are not terribly creative.

1. Pressure Defense - to this point I have been very disappointed with it. Drilled every day work on it HARD, but for some reason we are not getting after the ball at game time.... still we are forcing about 15 turn overs a game, but Grade D

2. Rebounding - We only lost one game last year when we out boarded our opponents but to this point that is possibly our weakest area....But we are working very hard to fix that as well. Grade D

3. Protect - We preach and drill protecting the ball, to this point we are turning it over almost 20 times a game. Point Blank we will NOT win again until that is taken care of. Grade F

4. Shot Selection - Needless to say that's a Grade F

Now Oldschool I know that coaching is bad at Wartburg I get it, it is just about the only thing that I hear anymore, but understand that the staff and players are working very hard to return to WARTBURG Form and I have all the faith in the world that if healthy we will get back on track!

• 1 month later...

Umm Middle School Girls where he won the only County Championship in the last 6 Years at CMS and went to a state tournament, and High School Girls where he won the only Regional Championship in Basketball History and Went to a state tournament. What are you talking about coaching? Every coach I know has lost a few games that he or she shouldn't have.

Coaching, Look at what he has done with the Chapman girl this year. He has made her in to a very solid All Tournament Caliber player, and got the team in the regional tournament despite some very serious injuries to his two best players...who by the way are still just playing at about 50 percent!

I really don't know how you can say that they have been outcoached everytime what about the Oakdale game in the 4-A tournament? What about the O.S. game in last year's Region? I wouldn't doubt that J. Davis steps down at the end of the year and I can guarntee you we won't make it to state without him. We have a good group of freshmen and incoming 8th graders he has been here 2 years, let him see what he can do with that group.

Why don't you go tell Coach to his face? That's the problem with you people wait until Region Tournaments and then stir up some distraction for the girls so they don't play to their ability.

Go to him Friday at Harriman and tell him what you think and stop backstabbing him and our girls they should be focused on the game not this trash!