Whats going on with the Wartburg Lady Dogs?

bballpain

bulldogfamily,

Did he bench you or something. And I don't know why you would bring his playing record Dallas didn't play much girl's basketball either. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Fact 2005 Jason's Girls were TMSAA State Tournament Runners up to Oliver Springs losing by 8 points

Fact 2005 Won County Championship (Napier's have choked in each of the last two tourney games)

Fact is he has been county coach of the year 2 times (once at CMS, once at CHS)

Fact his team has done very well in tournament play over the course of his time at CMS and CHS

Fact 99% of the girls enjoy playing for him and he probably will cut the other 1% this summer lol. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As for the comment on Armes that's a total fabrication!

Bulldogfamily....I'm not sure what you are not happy about 1. that your not the coach or 2. your not the director of schools!

Wartburg has not ran one possession of man to man in the post season so for you to think that is what they are doing shows your basketball i.q. which is zero!

Supporting the team means supporting the coach.....he is the head of the program!

I'll call you what you are bulldogfamily A COWARD! Come see the coach to discuss any problems that you have with him you accomplish nothing on here!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bulldogfamily,

Did he bench you or something. And I don't know why you would bring his playing record Dallas didn't play much girl's basketball either. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Fact 2005 Jason's Girls were TMSAA State Tournament Runners up to Oliver Springs losing by 8 points

Fact 2005 Won County Championship (Napier's have choked in each of the last two tourney games)

Fact is he has been county coach of the year 2 times (once at CMS, once at CHS)

Fact his team has done very well in tournament play over the course of his time at CMS and CHS

Fact 99% of the girls enjoy playing for him and he probably will cut the other 1% this summer lol. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As for the comment on Armes that's a total fabrication!

Bulldogfamily....I'm not sure what you are not happy about 1. that your not the coach or 2. your not the director of schools!

Wartburg has not ran one possession of man to man in the post season so for you to think that is what they are doing shows your basketball i.q. which is zero!

Supporting the team means supporting the coach.....he is the head of the program!

I'll call you what you are bulldogfamily A COWARD! Come see the coach to discuss any problems that you have with him you accomplish nothing on here!

well said charliemurphy.... well said..... Anything that has the Napier name involved in it is a disgrace...... Bad for the health.. They dont know what they are doing for sure... Jason can only do so much.. The girls, parents and the fans have to be behind him 100%.. good or bad... wheter you believe in what he does or not... If they are not what good is any of them? The basketball program at Wartburg needs to step it up a notch and get the fans involved in it.. Do more for the girls... They need support from all of us. When they hear and see negativity it brings it out in them. Do you want to bring your own kids up that way? Lets stick together and support these young ladies......... They have alot of talent up there... Why let it go to waste??????

Well the question was whats going on with the lady dogs....my opinion is its the coach and if you were at any of the games and talked to anyone there you would know the feelings that almost everyone shares about J. The silver lining around this cloud is that he atleast has one cheerleader. The Armes statement was not fabrication, you can see it on the video!!! But, that is not the only time he has gotten upset over something like that and you can catch up with the other times on the videos as well. Maybe if you like him so much you should go move in with him and his daddy.

obviously you havent' been watching the lady dogs since they have been playing in the tournaments. They have been playing a better game. Very good team ball... You must want to get on here and just bash a coach. So it looks like your child must be sitting the bench.... If you dont' like what is going on then why are you watching the games? I think I could find something better to do with my time than degrade a human being.... GROW UP................

Just browsing through tonight following our crushing loss at Greenback. You Wartburg people are NUTTS! The man has been there two years and at worst has had you in the Regional Semi's both years must be awful with such a downtrodden program. Our boys would love to be so awful. You need to wake up and understand that O.S., Oneida, and Coalfield were all head and shoulders above you in terms of talent with the injuries to your two studs. Healthy they could have competed but I was very impressed with the way they have battled to this point in tournaments.

Just an observation of the program kids won't play that hard for someone they don't like. Our girls were on their way to being great until people in the stands started on Coach Hines and now the kids show the effects on the court. bulldogfamily whether you know it or not you are hurting your team.

I'll Amen Jacketfan by saying they are crazy up there. What coach in his right mind would want to put up with the situation JD has had to deal with the last 3 seasons? You have been deep in tournaments each of the past two years and are still unhappy! Wartburg is not a place where you can expect 20 wins every year or state trips. You should feel very good about being in the top 4 teams in Region 2A.

I continue to be shocked by the ignorance of many in bulldogland!

Does anyone know what Dallas's record as coach was over his 30 years we were talking about coach snow having 400 wins and wondered how many he had?

Definately the coach!!!!!Say what you want, but J.Davis is no coach. He started out by ruining the middle school girls and now moves on to high school. He has gave the girls no reason to respect him. He has no clue how to coach. There is only so much you can learn from training videos. He has gotten the girls so down this year. When we play a team we can just out right beat, everything is fine, but when we play someone where there is any coaching involved, we get outcoached every time. And the state trip last year was not from his coaching, he can thank the previous "Coach Davis" for that trip. Wartburg has alot of talent and I would like to see them go far, but if they do it while he is still there, it will be solely on their own not because they have a coach there to lead them. J nor his dad has the ability to coach that team or any other for that matter.

To my understanding the previous "Coach" was there 30 + Years? Where did he take the girls?????? Definetly not a state tournament apperance. That's what I thought... You act like this is all the coaches fault.. Yes alot of it lies on his shoulders, but how do you expect him to try to do his job when he is getting bashed in public... A little bit of support would help .... He may not be the best, but it looks like he is giving all he has....

I'll Put this question to bed now!

What's wrong with the Wartburg Lady Dogs?

Wins over Harriman and Oneida have got the dogs in the Region 2-A finals for the second straight year!

So Whats Wrong?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Back to the Sub-state for the second year in a row!

Great Job Girls and Coach Davis!!!

Congratulations to Oneida on a great season also. Look out for that team next year!

I've been simply amazed at how much bashing some of the fans have been doing to this coach. Now they are in substate, let me assume that the coach has nothing to do with that? Good job coach, great job ladies for playing hard with all of the negativity in your ears. Keep it rolling!

Nice to see he finally just let the girls play. Oneida played bad, no doubt not the regular season lady Indians. Our girls played a very good game. To say without Coach Davis the past two teams at wartburg wouldn't have been as good is crazy. There is more talent at that school right now then Dallas ever had. Plus Dallas played AA a lot. Anyone could have coached last year's team to state. Extremely talented group of girls. This year, the group of girls are stepping up. Not the coach. The coach doesn't win games, but he can lose them. He has had the right personal in the game and it's paying off. Get use to it folks, people don't like him. I think he is a very nice and good guy, but it's obvious people don't like him. But back to the talent level if he stays next year, we will see how good his coaching skills are. He as had very good talent, that was good talent before they played for him. We will see next year, if he is a good coach. Keep winning girls.