District 14A

mrbigster

Sometimes, believe it or not, teams do things to try and take away the best players. I bet Coach T knows what is best for his team.

You are right, but it didn't look like they were stopping her to me. From where I was sitting, she could have scored at will. Not to mention the fact that 2 of those girls had three fouls. I don't claim to know more about basketball than most people, but she needs that ball in her hands down low.

For the record, I have not and will not tell the coach how to do his job. This web site is a place where people talk about sports. Part of that is giving their opinion. My opinion is that she needs the ball more. I'm not trying to make anyone mad or hurt anyone's feelings. Just putting my 2 cents in. It's like my pastor says, "You can take that advice and 70 cents and you can get you a cup of coffee down at Deb's."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Co won tonight by about 6 points against Humboldt..I believe the score was 62-56..Both teams played hard and there was a lot of speed on the floor for both teams..Lake Co led this game just about from the opening tip but had to hold off a strong Humboldt rally..Humboldt couldn't find the basket in the first half and trailed by about 16 points..In the second half those same shots started falling..Number 10 and #33 had a very good second half..I believe Humboldt got as close as 6 points..Renita Kinney had her best game of the year..Probably had about 16 points..If she plays like she did tonight..Lake Co is a different team..T.T. was her usual self..as long as she was in the game..Lake Co handled the Humboldt press..She got in foul trouble..went to the bench..Lake Co couldn't get the ball down the floor..Humboldt made 3 or 4 steals and converted into points and Lake Co had to put her back in and then Lake Co looked to be a different team..T.T. made a couple big baskets down the stretch..Anyway..a good win against a very athletic and talented Humboldt team.!

Lake Co won tonight by about 6 points against Humboldt..I believe the score was 62-56..Both teams played hard and there was a lot of speed on the floor for both teams..Lake Co led this game just about from the opening tip but had to hold off a strong Humboldt rally..Humboldt couldn't find the basket in the first half and trailed by about 16 points..In the second half those same shots started falling..Number 10 and #33 had a very good second half..I believe Humboldt got as close as 6 points..Renita Kinney had her best game of the year..Probably had about 16 points..If she plays like she did tonight..Lake Co is a different team..T.T. was her usual self..as long as she was in the game..Lake Co handled the Humboldt press..She got in foul trouble..went to the bench..Lake Co couldn't get the ball down the floor..Humboldt made 3 or 4 steals and converted into points and Lake Co had to put her back in and then Lake Co looked to be a different team..T.T. made a couple big baskets down the stretch..Anyway..a good win against a very athletic and talented Humboldt team.!

and congrats on that too btw...

so if we manage to beat bradford tuesday...

how will they determine the seeds?

because then Bradford, Lake County, and Humboldt would have all split with each other

and congrats on that too btw...

so if we manage to beat bradford tuesday...

how will they determine the seeds?

because then Bradford, Lake County, and Humboldt would have all split with each other

I looked at all the standings a couple days ago..If I remember correctly If Humboldt had won last night,they would have been tied with Bradford for 1st place..Lake Co had a 2 game lead over Gleason for the #3 seed and a 3 game lead over Union City..So after last night..I believe the standings are Bradford will get the #1 seed..Humboldt will get the #2 seed..Lake Co will get the #3 seed as long as they win 1 of their two remaining games against Dresden and Union City..Both are home games..If Lake Co loses both games..would tie Gleason for the #3 spot if Gleaso wins their last two games..I believe they have Halls and South Fulton ,so they would be heavy favorites..Lake Co..Bradford and Humboldt all split but Lake Co had a couple earlier losses that hurt them..a 2 point loss to Gleason in the first game of the year and a loss at Dresden ,after leading by about 10 points the whole game until the last quarter..So..If I were a betting man..it would be Bradford-1..Humboldt-2..Lake Co.-3 Gleason-4 Union City-5..Greenfield-6 Trenton or Dresden at 7 and 8..South Fulton-9 and Halls- 10..Going to be a tough tournament..All of us are going to have to win at least 1 game,,and all the teams from 1-8 are capable of beating each other..I believe Lake Co will play Greenfield..Gleason will probably play Union City..Bradford probably would play Trenton and Humboldt against Dresden..Depending on how Trenton and Dresden place,I believe Trenton and Dresden are tied and Dresden has games at Lake Co and Greenfield at home..Trenton has a game with Halls remaining so that is just about a gimme so Trenton may have the upper hand for the #7 spot.. A couple games could be reversed with Humboldt facing Trenton and Bradford playing Dresden..Going to be something close to what I have..Not any easy games for any of our teams..South Fulton and Halls will have to play a play in game against either Trenton or Dresden..That's why I picked Humboldt and Bradford to play Trenton and Dresden because I believe both teams will win those games..Bradford,Humboldt,Lake Co and Gleason will all play their first game at their home gyms before going to Trenton for the district tournament..I believe Lake Co has won about 10 of their last 11 games so hopefully being at home will help a little .!

If Humboldt beats Bradford wouldnt they end in a tie for first? I think they both would have 3 losses and both split their games with each other. They might have to flip a coin for first place.

thats what i wanna know too

i didnt know LC had lost other district games

so they'll be 3 for sure

and Bradford only beat Humboldt by 1 in their own gym

so tuesdays game could be interesting

maybe they do a margin of victory kinda thing?

where if we beat them by more than one we get the number one spot?

someone enlighten me

Greenfield beat UC tonite in UC. The girls played a good game. They passed the ball well, and they played tough D most of the game. They handled the ball a lot better tonite, but our 3 point shooting was still not there. I dont know what's going on, but we've been in a 3 point shooting slump the last 5 or 6 games.

This might be of some help as the regular season winds down...

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;seasonid=78

You can find these district schedules on your team's page on the left side where the records are displayed... District Schedule.

You can also see it by clicking the district name on the Top Team Capsules page.

If Humboldt beats Bradford wouldnt they end in a tie for first? I think they both would have 3 losses and both split their games with each other. They might have to flip a coin for first place.

Lake Co beat Dresden last night 54-45 so they have the #3 seed..Lake Co has won about 11 of their last 12 games and avenged all their earlier losses to Humboldt,Dresden and Gleason..I thought Bradford had only 1 loss in the district to Lake Co while Humboldt had 2 disrict losses..Humboldt lost to Bradford and Lake Co..So..if Bradford wins against Humboldt..Bradford will be the #1 seed and Humboldt 2nd..If Humboldt wins over Bradford..will be a tie for first and a coin toss !..Grrenfield...I haven't looked at the brackets but did the Greenfield win over Union City move them up over Union City and put Lake Co and Greenfield in opposite brackets..We had each other playing the last time we talked in all probability...but now I'm wondering if Lake Co will play Union City...Also hears on the radio that Labrica Ward was out until further notice!..Like maybe in the 1st game of the district tournament?..lol

I just looked at the standings and I believe Greenfield is 8-9 in the district and Union City is 9-8...So if Union City beats Lake Co..Union City will be the #5 seed and Greenfield 6th..Or if Union City loses to Lake Co and Greenfield loses to Dresden...If Greenfield beats Dresden and Lake Co beats Union City ,then Greenfield and Union City will tie and have a coin toss !

Lake Co beat Dresden last night 54-45 so they have the #3 seed..Lake Co has won about 11 of their last 12 games and avenged all their earlier losses to Humboldt,Dresden and Gleason..I thought Bradford had only 1 loss in the district to Lake Co while Humboldt had 2 disrict losses..Humboldt lost to Bradford and Lake Co..So..if Bradford wins against Humboldt..Bradford will be the #1 seed and Humboldt 2nd..If Humboldt wins over Bradford..will be a tie for first and a coin toss !..Grrenfield...I haven't looked at the brackets but did the Greenfield win over Union City move them up over Union City and put Lake Co and Greenfield in opposite brackets..We had each other playing the last time we talked in all probability...but now I'm wondering if Lake Co will play Union City...Also hears on the radio that Labrica Ward was out until further notice!..Like maybe in the 1st game of the district tournament?..lol

I just looked at the standings and I believe Greenfield is 8-9 in the district and Union City is 9-8...So if Union City beats Lake Co..Union City will be the #5 seed and Greenfield 6th..Or if Union City loses to Lake Co and Greenfield loses to Dresden...If Greenfield beats Dresden and Lake Co beats Union City ,then Greenfield and Union City will tie and have a coin toss !

I don't know who has beaten who, but the tie breaking procedure is 1. Head to head 2. if a split, who has beaten a higher seeded team 3. coin flip