Manassas just beat the AP #5 3A team in the State

Legend

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Reginald Buckner doesn't win Mr Basketball the award is worthless....Maybe there needs to be a Mr Basketball award for the top players in each classification from West Tn only......It could be called West TN Mr Basketball......an award like that would certainly trump the one the good ole boys get together and decide on!!!!!!!!!!

U right but over the years we all all seen better players from this part of the state get overlooked! Which is wrong simply because West TN doesn't get the respect it deserves! They think if u are not from East or Middle Tn u are not deserving! Thats wrong but thats the way they are.

U right but over the years we all all seen better players from this part of the state get overlooked! Which is wrong simply because West TN doesn't get the respect it deserves! They think if u are not from East or Middle Tn u are not deserving! Thats wrong but thats the way they are.

well the past 2 out of 3 Mr Basketball winners have been from West TN

and i think Buckner will win it

if he is really putting up those kind of numbers consistently

It's true...those numbers are real. Buckner is also one of the top defensive big men in the country....that's not a stretch. I may or may not be wrong but I think Buckner will break the alltime shotblocking record for the State this season....I'm not 100% certain on that though. I beleive if the Manassas coach would turn him lose he is capable of a 20 rebound 20 block game......it would not make sense to go for those type of numbers unless they come naturally in the course of a competitive game..........Buckner stats are not padded either. All joking and smack talk aside...this kid is an absolute beast...I think a future NBA player. Kid has the skills to play all five positions to. Buckner is a special player....Serioulsy.

Guest snakedriver

Yall won't come to lake county and beat us on the 30th. We will be alot better by then. Alot of players are still getting over injurys from football. We will be better by the end of this month. Humboldt better play us in a half court game this time around are it could get ugly for yall. If yall play that 1-2-2 zone, i think we have something for that.

Your right LCfan007, I was just talking trash to legend. If Humboldt continues to try to press LC they will lose.....maybe Coach Boykin will wise up this time. Humboldt should win though. It'll be a war thats for sure!

He is...and it is consistent. Besides his blocking and rebounding he has also had a good number of assists in games.....kid has got some unreal stats.

Who are absolutley right if he doesn't get the award nobody deserves it more! But till West TN can win a few gold balls they will not get the respect they deserve! He is a great player and very few come along like him often. I wish him all the luck in the world!!!

It's true...those numbers are real. Buckner is also one of the top defensive big men in the country....that's not a stretch. I may or may not be wrong but I think Buckner will break the alltime shotblocking record for the State this season....I'm not 100% certain on that though. I beleive if the Manassas coach would turn him lose he is capable of a 20 rebound 20 block game......it would not make sense to go for those type of numbers unless they come naturally in the course of a competitive game..........Buckner stats are not padded either. All joking and smack talk aside...this kid is an absolute beast...I think a future NBA player. Kid has the skills to play all five positions to. Buckner is a special player....Serioulsy.

lastnight

Reggie Buckner 16pts 17rbds 12blks 6ast

played 24 minutes

Joe Northington 6 3s made finished with 22pts

Shaq Walker 6 3s made finished with 19pts one 3 was and1 lol!!!

they both played 18 minutes

Apparently the OVC doesn't have MJ to worry about either.

UTM is 2 and 5 when MJ plays 20+ minutes a game and are 7 and 1 when he gets under 20 minutes a game (and some of them games are way under 20 minutes a game)

Is MJ injured because he hasn't even played the last two games. This is the same MJ people were saying was far better than Willie Kemp and would make a contribution at UT if he would have walked on. I was serious when asking if MJ was injured..not trying to start anything. I noticed he got 1 minute against Murray St and hasn't played since.

D1 even at UTM is a big adjustment from highschool.

MJ Brown

FG% .344 3pt FG% .154

He does hit is FT's (% .846) although he hasn't taken that many.

I think MJ has hit a wall. But, he will be fine next season. I believe the recruiting fiasco really hurt him going into the season.

People keep talking about last season so I just thought since MJ was brought into the conversation I would post some stats. I would bet a million dollars Buckner doesn't have a dissapointing Freshman season at Ole Miss (SEC).

I think people now might know why MJ didn't go to UT. UTM is a good fit for MJ Brown and good luck to him!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't get to see as many games as you guys do but with the game on the line and needing a free throw made for the win I would take MJ Brown over anyone that I have ever seen and that includes high school, college or pro. He put a dagger in Falcon's heart many times. Now before you basketball afficionados start going off I did say that "I" have seen and I know that ya'll are pretty smart but you haven't seen things through my eyes except probably for Legend since he is omnipotent, omninpresent and omnicient. Just ask him and he will tell you. Or don't ask him and he will still tell you.......... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I don't get to see as many games as you guys do but with the game on the line and needing a free throw made for the win I would take MJ Brown over anyone that I have ever seen and that includes high school, college or pro. He put a dagger in Falcon's heart many times. Now before you basketball afficionados start going off I did say that "I" have seen and I know that ya'll are pretty smart but you haven't seen things through my eyes except probably for Legend since he is omnipotent, omninpresent and omnicient. Just ask him and he will tell you. Or don't ask him and he will still tell you.......... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think I would take the other MJ or maybe Larry Bird!!!!! Reggie Miller to!!!!!