krichunaka

1) Elizabethton

2) Hampton

2) Unicoi County

4) Happy Valley

5) Cloudland

6) Unaka

7) Johnson County

Elizabethton won at home against Unicoi County, putting the Lady Cyclones in favorable

position to win second place in the Watauga Conference. So, after losing at South Greene,

will the Lady Cyclones hold their collective noses while actually cheering for the Lady Blue

Devils this Tuesday? A win by Unicoi County puts Elizabethton in the regular-season title

hunt. And there's little choice but to shout, "Go Lady Blue Devils," due to the early-December

loss in Afton.

Hampton keeps winning - - seven games in nineteen days brings the Lady Bulldogs

overall record, all the way from four-and-six - - to eleven-and-seven. Impressive!

They shouldn't struggle with Providence Academy, Tuesday, however, Friday's game

in Baileyton could be a classic.

Unicoi County did not drop into a tie with Hampton, but rather, the Lady Bulldogs move

up due to the recent, seven-of-eight marathon since 23 December, to include the previously

discussed three round trips to Cherryville, North Carolina. Granted, Unicoi County recently

defeated Hampton, but, to repeat, this ranking is to reward Hampton; certainly not to penalize

Erwin.

Happy Valley hasn't lost this year. And though, for now, the narrow win over Unaka isn't

at all impressive, nor were the huge victory margins over Daniel Boone and Johnson County;

however, the three-point win in Afton certainly is. Two home wins this week against West

Greene and Elizabethton, and the Lady Warriors leap in the rankings.

Cloudland's loss in Baileyton is shocking, only to the extent that the Lady Huskies haven't

beaten the Lady Highlanders during the James Buchanan tenure. A bounce-back win this

Tuesday, at home against Unaka could restore order. Again, Chuckey Doak factors into our

local rankings.

The Lady Rangers appear to have improved a little while in Harriman. The very close call at Happy

Valley sure raised some eyebrows. Cloudland now provides them the next opportunity to begin to

salvage their season. And while Cloudland is awfully good, especially in Roan Mountain, Unaka has

played pretty well there in recent seasons. The Lady Rangers pose potential matchup problems in

the paint against the Lady Highlanders. To what extent, and success, those potentials are exploited,

and whether Unaka can defend the perimeter... will determine the outcome.

Johnson County is struggling with inconsistency, and the Lady Longhorn post game isn't as good as

we've seen in recent seasons. This Friday's trip to South Greene is very imposing, and an upset

there is asking a lot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Elizabethton

2) Hampton

2) Unicoi County

4) Happy Valley

5) Cloudland

6) Unaka

7) Johnson County

Elizabethton won at home against Unicoi County, putting the Lady Cyclones in favorable

position to win second place in the Watauga Conference. So, after losing at South Greene,

will the Lady Cyclones hold their collective noses while actually cheering for the Lady Blue

Devils this Tuesday? A win by Unicoi County puts Elizabethton in the regular-season title

hunt. And there's little choice but to shout, "Go Lady Blue Devils," due to the early-December

loss in Afton.

Hampton keeps winning - - seven games in nineteen days brings the Lady Bulldogs

overall record, all the way from four-and-six - - to eleven-and-seven. Impressive!

They shouldn't struggle with Providence Academy, Tuesday, however, Friday's game

in Baileyton could be a classic.

Unicoi County did not drop into a tie with Hampton, but rather, the Lady Bulldogs move

up due to the recent, seven-of-eight marathon since 23 December, to include the previously

discussed three round trips to Cherryville, North Carolina. Granted, Unicoi County recently

defeated Hampton, but, to repeat, this ranking is to reward Hampton; certainly not to penalize

Erwin.

Happy Valley hasn't lost this year. And though, for now, the narrow win over Unaka isn't

at all impressive, nor were the huge victory margins over Daniel Boone and Johnson County;

however, the three-point win in Afton certainly is. Two home wins this week against West

Greene and Elizabethton, and the Lady Warriors leap in the rankings.

Cloudland's loss in Baileyton is shocking, only to the extent that the Lady Huskies haven't

beaten the Lady Highlanders during the James Buchanan tenure. A bounce-back win this

Tuesday, at home against Unaka could restore order. Again, Chuckey Doak factors into our

local rankings.

The Lady Rangers appear to have improved a little while in Harriman. The very close call at Happy

Valley sure raised some eyebrows. Cloudland now provides them the next opportunity to begin to

salvage their season. And while Cloudland is awfully good, especially in Roan Mountain, Unaka has

played pretty well there in recent seasons. The Lady Rangers pose potential matchup problems in

the paint against the Lady Highlanders. To what extent, and success, those potentials are exploited,

and whether Unaka can defend the perimeter... will determine the outcome.

Johnson County is struggling with inconsistency, and the Lady Longhorn post game isn't as good as

we've seen in recent seasons. This Friday's trip to South Greene is very imposing, and an upset

there is asking a lot.

Elizabethton had a good week. They played well against Unicoi and South Greene and I think the home court decided both of those games. South Greene will be in for another fight with Etown when they come to our house. Likewise, the LAdy Devils will be looking to avenge their loss to the Cyclones when they go to Erwin. Its not easy to win on the road in the conference, especially between teams of this caliber. So the team that can win on the opposing teams court will probably come in first.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Well Unicoi's girls got some revenge yesterday with them beating Elizabethton in the middle school game. It was a close game but our girls pulled it out in the end. T.. Dugger could not hit free throws when it counted and the Lady Devils made the right plays at the right time.Seems things are picking up just before the big one on Wednesday for those girls. I think Unicoi should be listed as number two with Hampton 3 and everything else the same. Seems their might be some carter county home cooking there. Just Kidding.

After seeing the 61-24 drubbing of the Lady Rangers, I don't think I've ever seen a more poorly coached team. And on the stage at Cloudland sat the man that the intelligent /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> stoner creekers wanted to replace and they did replace. I talked to this man and he would very much like to coach at Cloudland. I guarantee we would take care of him up here. In fact, after seeing Cloudland dismantle Unaka in all four games, you can't help but admit that the basketball power has shifted from the creek to the mountain. Whats even funnier is we are dominating them in football as well. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

After seeing the 61-24 drubbing of the Lady Rangers, I don't think I've ever seen a more poorly coached team. And on the stage at Cloudland sat the man that the intelligent /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> stoner creekers wanted to replace and they did replace. I talked to this man and he would very much like to coach at Cloudland. I guarantee we would take care of him up here. In fact, after seeing Cloudland dismantle Unaka in all four games, you can't help but admit that the basketball power has shifted from the creek to the mountain. Whats even funnier is we are dominating them in football as well. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And to think, the Lady Blue Devils were at home, where they took South Greene

down to a four-point, bitter end. But, somehow, someway, we expected those

beloved Creekers to make a game of it.

Where to start? The obvious, overall beat-down is all-entailing. However there are

a few things where better effort could've made this a much more competive game:

Boxing out. Anybody can box out. And with respect to the great performance by

Cloudland, the Lady Rangers did little-to-nothing under the boards. Board-play is

not complicated. Sure, there are tricks to the trade, so to speak, but rebounding is

a war of wills. And, if Unaka had a pregame advantage, anywhere, it was in the

paint.

We've known for years now, that Shellie McKinney has, and always will, battle from

start to finish. Last night she and Brittany Reece, who, played the best we've seen

her play, destroyed Unaka under the glass.

Perimeter Defense. As repeatedly stated by The King himself, the Lady Highlanders

MUST hit the Three to win. News Flash, Lady Rangers: All of them can hit the Three!

So, the Lady Rangers didn't guard the perimeter, and they didn't box out. Those are

the things that better effort can significantly change.

There's much more to the Roan Mountain fiasco, but the essense of last night's loss

was an apparent lack of effort. The Lady Rangers are struggling, physically, and sadder

still, emotionally.

We've witnessed, first hand, the affect of the "change in direction." Unfortunately, the

result has, to date, evolved into a downward spiral.

Again, the loss of Taylor Byars is huge. And though her absence has created opportunity

for some of the younger players, there's no true measure of her court-presence.

Chensie Cox and Tayler Nidiffer both played aggressively, and with time, both will help

greatly. Kayla Wilson saw several minutes, and continues to improve.

But last night's spotlight shone directly on Cloudland. Jordi Miller was hitting from a mile

away, and we saw a couple nice, mid-range jumpers, which bodes very well for tournament

time, when many a gunner has trouble hitting from long-range.

Brooke Hughes hit a couple bombs; B. J. had her usual assortment of plays. Sydnie

Buchanan is still Miss Reliable.

And, the younger players could be at least as successful as the current starters. The future

looks bright on the mountain.

Sad, isn't it? We really feel for the seniors on this team. Their frustrations were obvious. Like krich said, suffering emotionally. So, my question is, what did this 'different direction' really do to the young ladies on the creek?

Sad, isn't it? We really feel for the seniors on this team. Their frustrations were obvious. Like krich said, suffering emotionally. So, my question is, what did this 'different direction' really do to the young ladies on the creek?

Just like zAZa90, just like The Highlander; just like coachh17; like all of us; I want, more

than anything, for my favorite team to do well. That said, it's not at all difficult to view

these contests, tactically and technically, from an unbiased perspective.

So, tactfully, technically, the game was a mess. The mauling at Cloudland was very sad

to watch.

Physically, there have been injuries: Chelsea Anderson, Taylor Byars, Danielle Jones.

They'll heal, and Jones and Byars will come back even better; in fact, Jones played

several minutes last night. Anderson, a senior, will not play again, but her injuries will

mend, and she'll move on to better things.

And, to clarify, the alleged "lack of effort" on my part, is much more than just, the girls

not trying. In fact, the effort in the first quarter, and part of the second, was inspiring. But

at some point there was a shutdown. And thus, Emotion Health becomes the bigger concern.

Something is askew. Something is very, very wrong at Unaka.

And though there's blame-enough to go around, for certain, it's Not the players fault.

They are much better than what we've seen this season.

And, they deserved a better fate.

As for Kenenth Chambers, he will coach again. A big part of his decision process is

geographical. Where he might best fit, I have no idea. All I know is, there have been

several inquiries, which is not all that surprising. He's a very capable coach.

And, he also has an incredible record as a softball coach.

Just some thoughts.

Wow! I didn't know he coached softball? Very interesting. That is something we definitely need at Cloudland. My little girls are both gonna be lefties. They will learn to pitch at a very young age. I won't put them in an embarrassing program. This man will not accept nothing but the best out of everyone. Thats what I look for in a coach.

As for the Creekers, I couldn't help but feel lonely the other night. When you talk about the creek, you have to talk about the big loud crowd they always had. How they made you love to hate them because they couldn't be beat at Snavely. Man have times changed.

...But last night's spotlight shone directly on Cloudland. Jordi Miller was hitting from a mile

away, and we saw a couple nice, mid-range jumpers, which bodes very well for tournament

time, when many a gunner has trouble hitting from long-range.

And, the younger players could be at least as successful as the current starters. The future

looks bright on the mountain....

Gotta point out that the "younger players" include a core group that played on the Middle School State Championship team in the 8th grade, so they have a little success behind them already.

You saw a couple of pretty threes from two of them last night, and a bunch more if you watched the JV game.

The Highlander

The problem seems to be solved! Hire the man, you(Cloudland) want him, he wants to go seems like a good fit for both, he may even help you get over the North Green hump! The only thing I see standing in the way is your principal and your current head coach, oh yea the fact that he(said coach) would loose the stigma of the "poor coach that was done wrong", AND he would have to quit comming to ALL the Lady Ranger games and they may get the chance to move on themselves. That last one is a BIGGIE, and I (personal opinion) just don't see it going through. zAZa, go for it, I think you might be in for quite a shock when you find out he won't go! Just make sure you find out why(he won't go, or can't go) and come back on here and TELL us ALL!

Wow! I didn't know he coached softball? Very interesting. That is something we definitely need at Cloudland. My little girls are both gonna be lefties. They will learn to pitch at a very young age. I won't put them in an embarrassing program. This man will not accept nothing but the best out of everyone. Thats what I look for in a coach.

As for the Creekers, I couldn't help but feel lonely the other night. When you talk about the creek, you have to talk about the big loud crowd they always had. How they made you love to hate them because they couldn't be beat at Snavely. Man have times changed.

Yet again, another reason to make the hire! Can't wait to see why this doesn't happen.