Hampton Basketball

If bigdawg3 is a bench coach for the Bulldogs it would be in his and his team's best interest to remove himself from these boards and not to get drug into these ditches. Lucas you can't win on here no matter what you say, so it is best as a coach not to say anything. You are a great kid, and the times we have met always respectful, and Coach White is lucky to have someone of your character on his bench. However, this is not the place for a coach. As bad as you may want to defend your team, players and coaching staff, STAY AWAY, your words will be used against you. Good Luck!!!!

How did Tan like volley ball?? Don't anwser that, just wanted you to know that this is someone who wants to see you succeed. STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we go to Bluefield for a little golf scholarship and get home sick and come home to cry to mommy! Now you try to kiss up to Jerry and get to set on the bench again. WOW full circle!! I am impressed! WE ALL WANT TO SEE HAMPTON WIN!! The players on the floor know more basketball than you do!! The freshman team knows more than you do. And by the way "genius" I wasn't trashing any of the "real" coaches, I was making a suggestion to Jerry. I have a lot of respect for him, have known him long before you were ever born. I know how much pain Jerry is in. He has a severe back problem. He is also a compassionate coach...if not he wouldn't have let you sit on the bench for 4 years!! I also knew Buck Vanhuss and trust me, you wouldn't have made a good manager for Ole Buck. First of all you shouldn't get on here and trash the players on the team, so don't look for respect from them. Secondly, thats why Hampton sports is where it is today, snotty nosed "kids" trying to act like coaches. The title of "coach" isn't given to you, you have to earn it! So keep your negative comments to yourself better yet maybe I should give Jerry a call and let him know just how people are trying to tear down the team from inside. I'm sure he would be very proud!!

I??™m not even going to talk about the scholarship thing because bulldogblue05 covered it pretty good. I didn??™t have to stink up to nobody to get to the spot where I??™m at I was asked. I don??™t get on here and bash the players I get on here to try to stop people that do because people can talk about the coaches all they want and that don??™t bother me but I think its disrespectful to get on here and bad mouth the players.

As far as I see it on the Post situation, Why would he even want to play? I mean you have the two guards scoring over 85% of the Bulldogs points, Not to mention shooting only about 20% in doing that LoL! I over heard some people say "If I were Hill I'd be mad, they don't get the post the ball". If a Key player is injured or had a previous injury flaring up then you do not want to risk getting them hurt worse. He's only a sophmore, but yet he's getting pounded by everyone on here. Somthing I'd like to say is Let this team grow, eventually those guards I mentioned will get to a game,"maybe in the tournament" and they will try their way of taking it inside and not using a BIG God given talented 6'6'' player on the inside. well they will take it up and be denied. Any good defensive team can shut us down. Just stop those two guards. LOL

With this team playing the way they are it dosen't look any fun. and if you have played any sport you'd know "IT HAS TO BE FUN!

Maybe just maybe they will grow with the team and as a team someday. I hope so for if not, total loss of what could of been will never be"!

God bless and Go Dogs!

UsersBRAINwasalreadytaken........I really don't think you are smart enough to even watch a game! How do you even keep up? 85%.........are you serious? 20%........are you serious? Man if I was out there playing hard every game just trying to win, and playin my heart out and doing whatever it takes to win games every night. Then to have my own fans come on here and criticize me(you do know a lot of the players read this board), do you know how that would make a young person feel? I know what I would probably do, and that would be go to a school that maybe did appreciate me just a little bit! Hopefully they realize that there are just idiots like you everywhere and shrug it off. I just know if it were me, I would be p'ssed off. With that said, I think most people realize that Hampton does need a post game to be really sucessful. People just have to realize that the post guys are young and are not ready to be "go to" guys right now! They, especially DH, has a lot of potential and if he works hard could be one of the best big guys in E. TN. He is just not there now. I am not knocking him whatsoever, because I can see the potential in him. He is young though and not ready to be "The Man" right now. The better he gets, the easier it is on the guards, and I think they realize this. He is just not the #1 option right now and is not Hampton's best chance at scoring. I think everyone should quit with the criticizing and just enjoy watching the team play! Hampton "could" have something special, but I really don't think the fans and/or parents are going to let it happen. I hope I am wrong!

UsersBRAINwasalreadytaken........I really don't think you are smart enough to even watch a game! How do you even keep up? 85%.........are you serious? 20%........are you serious? Man if I was out there playing hard every game just trying to win, and playin my heart out and doing whatever it takes to win games every night. Then to have my own fans come on here and criticize me(you do know a lot of the players read this board), do you know how that would make a young person feel? I know what I would probably do, and that would be go to a school that maybe did appreciate me just a little bit! Hopefully they realize that there are just idiots like you everywhere and shrug it off. I just know if it were me, I would be p'ssed off. With that said, I think most people realize that Hampton does need a post game to be really sucessful. People just have to realize that the post guys are young and are not ready to be "go to" guys right now! They, especially DH, has a lot of potential and if he works hard could be one of the best big guys in E. TN. He is just not there now. I am not knocking him whatsoever, because I can see the potential in him. He is young though and not ready to be "The Man" right now. The better he gets, the easier it is on the guards, and I think they realize this. He is just not the #1 option right now and is not Hampton's best chance at scoring. I think everyone should quit with the criticizing and just enjoy watching the team play! Hampton "could" have something special, but I really don't think the fans and/or parents are going to let it happen. I hope I am wrong!

Your not.(wrong)

If bigdawg3 is a bench coach for the Bulldogs it would be in his and his team's best interest to remove himself from these boards and not to get drug into these ditches. Lucas you can't win on here no matter what you say, so it is best as a coach not to say anything. You are a great kid, and the times we have met always respectful, and Coach White is lucky to have someone of your character on his bench. However, this is not the place for a coach. As bad as you may want to defend your team, players and coaching staff, STAY AWAY, your words will be used against you. Good Luck!!!!

How did Tan like volley ball?? Don't anwser that, just wanted you to know that this is someone who wants to see you succeed. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Some good advice(I'd take it if I were you) but it may be to late......(damage already done)

What mess are you talking about? The dawgs are winning. Sure, there are some things we need to do better but we are young and getting better every game. Some people prefer different styles of play and want changes made at every school in every sport to me it??™s a very common thing. I think people just see the great potential and talent this team has and they want to make sure that it is used in the right way and it will be. This group is going to have a very successful run and its going to be a lot of fun to watch if you??™re wearing Hampton colors.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!

What mess, WHAT MESS,............READ,READ,READ and READ some more!

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! LOL!

I'd like to say sorry about some of my previous statements, I just wish the post could get more spotlight and/or attention, so they can do for Hampton what they are capable of.

Hampton has four outstanding sophmores and will be very hard to beat when they are juniors and seniors and really now. LETS NOT TURN INTO UNAKA!!!

THIS IS A CALL OUT TO EVERY HAMPTON FAN OUT THERE. LETS JUST SUPPORT THE HAMPTON BULLDOGS AND NOT FIGHT AMONG OURSELVES.

A FAMOUS QUOTE SAYS: UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!

God Bless and GO Bulldogs!!!

Don't worry you won't(2004 STATE CHAMPIONS)

It??™s so funny that a guy from Unaka is on here talking about Hampton??™s program being a mess. Unaka fans are on here bragging about getting beat by less than 20 and Hampton is actually winning games. You need to take a look at your own program and try to actually compete in the conference and stop running off your coaches that are actually successful. Talk about a mess I would say that Kenneth Chamber fiasco ranks pretty high on that list and we all know how well that decision is paying off for the lady Rangers. (4 ??“ 13) is pretty good hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You have to realize that this "mess" is not involving the team. The "mess" is in the stands...

Don't worry you won't(2004 STATE CHAMPIONS)

Unaka had talent and a coach in 04. They have neither now. The Stoner Creekers were a purty decent program for about an 8 year span. Now, Unaka is back to losing like it has done in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and in the first half of the 90's. The days of Aaron Dugger and Rusty Chambers are over...

It??™s so funny that a guy from Unaka is on here talking about Hampton??™s program being a mess. Unaka fans are on here bragging about getting beat by less than 20 and Hampton is actually winning games. You need to take a look at your own program and try to actually compete in the conference and stop running off your coaches that are actually successful. Talk about a mess I would say that Kenneth Chamber fiasco ranks pretty high on that list and we all know how well that decision is paying off for the lady Rangers. (4 ??“ 13) is pretty good hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do you REALLY want to get in to coaching"fiascos"(I wouldn't "PUSH" if you know what I mean)(football), heck McClain's name could even surface. That's a pretty tall list in it's self, well not pretty, just TALL. Oh yea, didn't McClain take the Dogs to a sub-state? Successful he was! Do you want to get into this, we can?(almost blew over, almost).

You have to realize that this "mess" is not involving the team. The "mess" is in the stands...

Unaka had talent and a coach in 04. They have neither now. The Stoner Creekers were a purty decent program for about an 8 year span. Now, Unaka is back to losing like it has done in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and in the first half of the 90's. The days of Aaron Dugger and Rusty Chambers are over...

First, why then are the( players/ex-players/coaches) typing on here?(I would call that a "mess on the bench") Second, we are quite happy with(ALL) our coaches on the Creek! By the way all three(boy's coaches) played during the time frame you typed of, yes including Aaron Dugger. The days of Jon Minton, Aaron Dugger, and Daniel McInturff have just begun.(no "mess" on their bench, no "mess" in the stands, no "mess" on these threads) No, the days are not over. I know thst's a tough one to read.

First to the post players at Hampton, Thats the nature of the game.(every where else at least) You rebound, run down the floor(repeatedly), you defend, and you take very few shots(except off. rebounds), with very little if any credit.(IF YOU PLAY FOR HAMPTON) Coach White plays his own way, and thats HIS way. Who can argue with his success? I'm sure if you choose another path, White will fill the void(may very well be with another guard) if they are scoring 85% of the points, it may need to be looked at anyway(they WILL move on). Kuriousgeorge, funny you typed about Carpenter, every thing I'm hearing is "He's the next man" at Hampton. I even heard this at the Cloudland/ Unaka game. This came from Cloudland fans/supporters. Anyone else hearing this?

Lord Vader, did you not read this? I don't think UsernameIsAlreadyTaken did. He/She brought Unaka into this.