District 4AA

bilbob

With the classifications changing after this year, this will be the last season of District 4AA Baseball as we know it. I feel this might be the best AA district from top to bottom in the state. Who do you think will be the top team/teams? Here is my predictions.....

1. Anderson County (Rorex, Price, York, Foster, Pack, Ellis all back)

2. C.A.K. (Kolinsky and Fromke...tough pitchers)

3. Catholic (Anders, Irwin, Defilece....still good but heard might have some injuries?)

4. Loudon (McNabb...Who do they have to pitch?)

5. Kingston (Martin and Mitchell....Could be the sleeper!)

6. Stone Memorial (?)

7. Scott County (?)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is full of great teams. You could pick any of the top 5 to win it and have a good chance at being right. I think Stone will be in the mix soon. Scott has got to get kids wanting to play and a better feeder program. If they do that, who knows.

With the classifications changing after this year, this will be the last season of District 4AA Baseball as we know it. I feel this might be the best AA district from top to bottom in the state. Who do you think will be the top team/teams? Here is my predictions.....

3. Catholic (Anders, Irwin, Defilece....still good but heard might have some injuries?)

6. Stone Memorial (?)

7. Scott County (?)

• 3 weeks later...

6. Stone Memorial (?)

7. Scott County (?)

Catholic could be in trouble. Heard that Anders had Tommy John surgery last week and is out for the season. Still could be a threat with Irwin, DiFelice and several other returning starters from last years team. Is it true about Anders?

• 2 weeks later...

Anders is out with Tommy John. He can start hitting only in 4 to 5 months, so maybe tournament time! We wish him a speedy recovery. I still like AC for the district championship!! Good players return and good coach.

I really hate to see this District break up. Great teams with spirited rivalries. You are probably right with an AC prediction. Tough lineup from top to bottom. What kind of pitching does AC have beyond Price? Whoever they have I'm sure they"ll be tough. What about CAK? they always seem to fall just short. I know Fromke can throw. Who else do they have? Anyone else have any comments on any of the other teams in the District, I'd be interested.

Don't count Catholic out by any means. (Not that you are) They are young in some positions, but they have some players who are capable of stepping up big time. The loss of Anders hurts a lot but this team can overcome. Watch out AC. And of course with CAK you have to watch out for Kolinsky.

Did'nt mean to overlook Catholic. They've been tough the last couple years. Very good program with solid coaching. Probably the best facilities in the area. Besides Irwin and Defilese, who does Catholic have that will make an impact this year?

What is Loudon returning this year? Always tough. Will they be in the running for the District title?

Did'nt mean to overlook Catholic. They've been tough the last couple years. Very good program with solid coaching. Probably the best facilities in the area. Besides Irwin and Defilese, who does Catholic have that will make an impact this year?

What is Loudon returning this year? Always tough. Will they be in the running for the District title?

Anybody????

As Catholic goes, I know they have a solid returning catcher in Broussard. I know they have Irwin and DiFelice. But beside them, I think they are a young team after losing I think 8 or 9 seniors.

OK, here is what I've heard about the Irish. After losing plenty from last years District Championship team, will this years Catholic team be as strong? Don't know. Anders, Catholics ace pitcher and clean up hitter is out for the season with Tommy John surgery. That will def. hurt. They'll have returning starters Irwin and DeFilese both seniors and Broussard a junior. Also returning is Peters and Morash, both seniors, and played big roles on last years team and will do the same this year. Breaking into the starting lineup this year should be juniors Williamson,Hookman,McDermott and soph. Shirley. A couple other soph. could also see some playing time. I think Catholic is a big "Question Mark". What I do know is that they'll play hard and be as scrappy as ever. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

OK, here is what I've heard about the Irish. After losing plenty from last years District Championship team, will this years Catholic team be as strong? Don't know. Anders, Catholics ace pitcher and clean up hitter is out for the season with Tommy John surgery. That will def. hurt. They'll have returning starters Irwin and DeFilese both seniors and Broussard a junior. Also returning is Peters and Morash, both seniors, and played big roles on last years team and will do the same this year. Breaking into the starting lineup this year should be juniors Williamson,Hookman,McDermott and soph. Shirley. A couple other soph. could also see some playing time. I think Catholic is a big "Question Mark". What I do know is that they'll play hard and be as scrappy as ever. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think the biggest questions will be with 2nd base and third base. DiFelice is a pretty solid anchor at short and can lead a young or inexperienced infield. Cooper/Hookman/Irwin all have experience at first so I think they should be alright there. McDermott at third is another ? The outfield is pretty well proven and catching is pretty well stocked with Broussard as well. Pitching will include Peters, Irwin, and Junior Travis Donahoo as probable starters with relievers Difelice, Juniors Matt Seaver, John Andrew McDermott, And Tyler Williamson.

The loss of Anders is big.