Pre-Season Rankings

mjuhb

Carter definately not worthy of the top ten ranking they have recieved pre-season. Have 2 forwards with nothing behind them Stop Sherrod stop Carter!

Alcoa is better for sure and Seymour has a better overall team too! As I am sure many teams across the state in AAA are better than them. It is true they do not have the caliber player that Sherrod is on there team.

A team should be ranked based on team talent not one players ability.

How do you know that Carter has nothing behind Sherrod.....Have you been scouting their practices?? Oh wait, I didn't think coaches could start their practices until February.

Pre-Season it's nothing but a guessing game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Yet so many posters are so matter of fact.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see how Farragut, Knox West, and Dobyns-Bennett fair down in South Carolina. They are all 3 playing in the same tournament. Farragut has played in it the last few years and done pretty well. DB and Knox West are in the same group so they will play each other. Farragut is in the SC 3A State Champion from last season's group. Will be fun to see what happens.

white house high school should be in top 20 and you have heritage to high

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the White House program but is this just supporting your school or is something really happening in White House that would improve the prospect for such a lofty ranking. I saw both teams play last year and thought WH Heritage was a strong team and I thought they were returning a lot of their starters. Has their been a defection to White House High from Heritage or something?

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the White House program but is this just supporting your school or is something really happening in White House that would improve the prospect for such a lofty ranking. I saw both teams play last year and thought WH Heritage was a strong team and I thought they were returning a lot of their starters. Has their been a defection to White House High from Heritage or something?

I don't have a dog in this hunt....and have no clue how good their HS will be this year or where they should be ranked, but I have seen a rise in the number of White House club teams in select Tournaments. Granted most of the teams I saw were in the younger age groups u-13 to u-16. So I can't say how good they will be this year, but the sport seems to be growing up there.

On a side note...I found their coaches and fans to be very passionate about their teams yet respectable toward their opponents. It's hard not to root for any White House team.

I don't have a dog in this hunt....and have no clue how good their HS will be this year or where they should be ranked, but I have seen a rise in the number of White House club teams in select Tournaments. Granted most of the teams I saw were in the younger age groups u-13 to u-16. So I can't say how good they will be this year, but the sport seems to be growing up there.

On a side note...I found their coaches and fans to be very passionate about their teams yet respectable toward their opponents. It's hard not to root for any White House team.

I would have to agree with that assesment. I have seen quite a few White House Storm clubs involved in select tournaments this past fall. I know they have gotten some good coaching involvement and seem to have a plan. That should ultimately bode well for the high school. Good luck where ever things end up White House.

take it from someone that watches district 8 a/aa (the district that white house is in), White House should not be in the top 25. They are a good team don't get me wrong but they're not that good. White house was the fourth seed in their district last year. I believe they lost their midfielder that held them together. I don't expect them to be better this year. Basically, they'll be relying on their defense and play long ball to their quick striker up top. It sounds primitive but they win ball games so you can't say much about it. Their defense is consistently solid. Just not top 25 material. Not this year anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang,

Independence's coach here...

While it's always nice to see people taking about your team, I think that it's way too premature to make predictions about the season. We graduated some great players last year and are returning a few great ones also. As always Williamson County AAA will be competitive and every team has a chance at the District Title!

Let's not overlook Centennial... they're returning just about everyone on their team!

Brentwood always reloads!

Franklin always has like 90 students tryout for the team (hahaha)

Ravenwood was down last year, but look for them to rebound with some young talent.

Anyone else excited about our Tournament? Some great talent will be showing up!

Independence

Franklin

Centennial

Ravenwood

Dickson Co.

Athens, AL

Dobyns-Bennett

Portland

Germantown

Clarksville

Shelbyville

Columbia Central

Agree with Coach that it should be a competitive year. Look out for Ravenwood. Saw them last night. Looked very good.

I think you should know that Bearden couldn't beat Lenoir City last season, and Lenoir City has a much stronger team this year than last year

huh? Were you wanting ihavenofriendz to add Lenoir City's name onto that list, or were you suggesting that Lenoir City is going to beat Bearden this year?