class 1 region 1

bulldogs10

Doubt that!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Hampton fan (even a bigger Pujo fan). Have been since we came up there the day after Thanksgiving '05. Nothing like small town football. You guys put together a run of a few good years, making it to the semi's like 4-5 years in a row, and that commands some respect. I just think some of the "Dogg Pound" need to check themselves. Alot of talk for coming off a 5-5 year, but that's nothing new. Hearing AT last year, he's the best thing that's came out of East Tn. since Peyton Manning. Almost had me convinced that y'all had won it all in those runs to the semi's.

Here's an idea...... win the region outright, go to the playoff taking it one game at a time, get over the semi-final hump (which is apparently bigger than Grandfather Mtn.), put a gold ball in your case, then pound your chest.

Btw, nice signature. Maybe you should shoot for the 15th game, instead of the 14th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If it makes you feel any better, Cloudland probably wouldn't have won it in '01, if we hadn't been in the 3a Semi's. No offense to any 'Landers, or my man Pujo.

If anybody has a right to talk big, its you guys. Your stats speak for itself. Here I make a comment about grilling a deer steak and enjoying some football and someone from Hampton posts about stomping everybody. Its really got old for the last several years. I thought maybe losing to West Greene, Cosby, and HV would humble them a little. At least AT disappeared from the boards. Maybe there is hope for him yet. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody has a right to talk big, its you guys. Your stats speak for itself. Here I make a comment about grilling a deer steak and enjoying some football and someone from Hampton posts about stomping everybody. Its really got old for the last several years. I thought maybe losing to West Greene, Cosby, and HV would humble them a little. At least AT disappeared from the boards. Maybe there is hope for him yet. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No need to talk big. Everyone knows what we've accomplished. Now don't get me wrong, I'll talk it up with the best of them, when I feel a program, or person, needs to cut it down a few notches. The only reason I signed up for these boards is because of that idiot from GCA last year (i've been reading them for awhile though).

But I agree that it has been going on for a while. I remember in '05. WOW!!! Hearing the "dog pound" on here, you'd thought we were being led to slaughter. Please!!! They didn't know what hit 'em. First play from scrimmage....bomb. The spread tore that arse up. I don't remember AT, or anyone else for that matter, talking too much about that game. It looks like after the great runs to the semi's, they might start figuring out that football west of region 1 is just a little different. Here's the good news though dog pound, if we meet this year, it won't be any spread offense. It's line it up, here we come, see if you can stop us.

Btw z-90, I wish I could have saw Byrd play. From the sounds of things on here, he was the real deal, but that was after my time (I was in college) and the year before my brother was playing in high school.

No need to talk big. Everyone knows what we've accomplished. Now don't get me wrong, I'll talk it up with the best of them, when I feel a program, or person, needs to cut it down a few notches. The only reason I signed up for these boards is because of that idiot from GCA last year (i've been reading them for awhile though).

But I agree that it has been going on for a while. I remember in '05. WOW!!! Hearing the "dog pound" on here, you'd thought we were being led to slaughter. Please!!! They didn't know what hit 'em. First play from scrimmage....bomb. The spread tore that arse up. I don't remember AT, or anyone else for that matter, talking too much about that game. It looks like after the great runs to the semi's, they might start figuring out that football west of region 1 is just a little different. Here's the good news though dog pound, if we meet this year, it won't be any spread offense. It's line it up, here we come, see if you can stop us.

Btw z-90, I wish I could have saw Byrd play. From the sounds of things on here, he was the real deal, but that was after my time (I was in college) and the year before my brother was playing in high school.

yes Byrd was prob the best player to come out of region one. yea i hated that guy from GCA that was on here last year

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Your still just a youngin' I graduated college before Byrd was even in jr. high. Man, I wish our part of the country could compete with yall. I do remember the feud of 2005 that had Lander fans standing on Trousdale's side. I even came close on the score prediction and about got beheaded for making the prediction. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Who from Hampton has posted about stomping everyone? i didnt see any post bout that

Who from Hampton has posted about stomping everyone? i didnt see any post bout that

It was the underdog guy on the last page. He said Cloudland would finish last or next to last. It was just a smart eleck remark. No offense to Hampton or the bulk of their fans. They should win the region. They are pretty loaded.

It was the underdog guy on the last page. He said Cloudland would finish last or next to last. It was just a smart eleck remark. No offense to Hampton or the bulk of their fans. They should win the region. They are pretty loaded.

I think we are pretty loaded also Matt Cole ran all over Hampton last year and should this again this year. Plus we have Housman no one can cover him Morgan will be the fastest player on the field Miller will be good Tolley is a beast at fullback and our line is awesome. Pressnell, porkchop ,oliver,Webb.I think we are the loaded team

as in andrew webb? and hampton is working very hard evry day and outside of practice everyday. we r putting in the extra hours. and did yall make any changes to your line? u said they were good so im guessing you did right? we wont know who the best is till we play. goodluck to yall

I think we are pretty loaded also Matt Cole ran all over Hampton last year and should this again this year. Plus we have Housman no one can cover him Morgan will be the fastest player on the field Miller will be good Tolley is a beast at fullback and our line is awesome. Pressnell, porkchop ,oliver,Webb.I think we are the loaded team

I agree Cloudland should be the favorite this season, this years seniors are the same one's who ran over everyone when they were in Jr High. Hampton would have to of made up alot of ground . I do think it will be a tough game either way . I think both squads could do well in the playoffs.

Yes, we are loaded with talent. We are also loaded with undiscipline. The team I saw in the blue and gold scrimmage better not rear its ugly head or it will be a long season. Hopefully, they will fix the fumbling, off-sides and personal foul penalties, the helmet slinging, the show-boating, and the fighting among themselves. Coach will have his hands full with this bunch. They need to learn to channel that aggression and harness it into a well-oiled fine tuned machine. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, we are loaded with talent. We are also loaded with undiscipline. The team I saw in the blue and gold scrimmage better not rear its ugly head or it will be a long season. Hopefully, they will fix the fumbling, off-sides and personal foul penalties, the helmet slinging, the show-boating, and the fighting among themselves. Coach will have his hands full with this bunch. They need to learn to channel that aggression and harness it into a well-oiled fine tuned machine. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whats up ole KING ? It's about that time fellas. Football just around the corner. You're right fighting amongst each other can tear apart the best teams, but I look for Coach Turbyfill to have that straightened out and for the landers to be a real contender for the region. Honestly it's a 3 horse race in my opinion. Cosby , Hampton , Cloudland. Everyone else will be awful to mediocre. Unaka could surprise me.